*Ex-Barbers Hill coach Price applies for H-F post/LIST POSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/local/fmr_barbers_hill_coach_price_applies_for_h-f_post.html

E. Lee Atkins II, Franklin County (Tenn.)

Kevin Auten, Conroe ISD

Eddie Baca, Cleburne ISD

Kevin Barbay, University of North Texas

Bruce Barberi, Bennington School System (Neb.)

William Barnes, Mathis ISD

Nathan Barrier, Groesbeck ISD

William Beisel, Alief ISD

Daniel Borin, Friendswood ISD

Shawn Brown, Jasper ISD

Larry Calhoun, Garland ISD

Daniel Carroll, La Fourche Parish Schools (La.)

Ray Cauthern, Jr., East Chambers ISD

Larry Cook, Somerville ISD

Lonnie Cook, formerly of the Taos Municipal School District, NM

William Cook II, Burnet ISD

Timothy A. Cox, Corpus Christi ISD

Scott Cummings, Killeen ISD

Don Davis, Laredo ISD

David Deaton, Monroe Catholic Schools (Alaska)

Dennis Diviney, North Slope Borough School District (Alaska)

Nick J. Evans, Ashwon Public Schools (Ark.)

Ron Frick, Pasadena ISD

Ryan George, Hutto ISD

James Gower, Sul Ross State University

James Gray, Houston ISD

Alexander Guerra, Pittsburg ISD

Mark Guess, West Oso ISD

Meredith Hamilton, Dallas ISD

Kevin Hayes, Athens iSD

Brian Herman, Liberty Hill ISD

Robert Hinkel, Casa Grande Union School District (Okla.)

Darly Hobbs, Alternative Education Program (Calif.)

Gregory Hodge, Perryton ISD

Stan Howard, Katy ISD

Allen Huddleston, West Hardin ISD

Tohn Hughes, Katy ISD

Tony Johnson, Grand Prairie ISD

Luther Justus, Palm Beach County Schools (Fla.)

Jerry Kantor, McKinney ISD

Ben Knapczyk, Goffstown School District (N.H.)

Brian Kozma, Fort Worth ISD

Chuck Langston, Trinity ISD

Mike Lawrence, Fort Worth ISD

Darrell Lewis, Quinlan ISD

Donald Lindsey, Retired

Wayne Mahaffey, Hamshire-Fannett ISD

Danny Malone, Fillmore Central Schools (Neb.)

James Manley, formerly of Washington County (Ala.) School District

Chris Mann

Ted Maple, Pearsall ISD

Phillip Mattingly, Port Arthur ISD

Cody McGuire, Tomball ISD

Van McWreath, Pymatuning Valley Schools (Ohio)

Phil Nash, Ritenour School District (Mo.)

Kurt Nichols, Trinity ISD

Bradley Oden, Tomball

Dusty Ortiz, Conroe ISD

Brandon Owen, Nacona ISD

Michael Pagliaro, Michael Wickenburg Schools (Ariz.)

Rob Powell, WorldFitnessChampion.net

Don Price, formerly of Barbers Hill ISD

Jack Roddy, Corpus Christi ISD

Abel Rodriguez, Houston ISD

Jeff Rogers, Navasota ISD

James Rollers, Southwest Christian High School, Fort Worth

Leon Savage, Rehabilition Trainer for Dynamic Sports Training

Beau Shahan, Baird ISD

Lance Smith, Cy-Fair ISD

Randy Smith, Corsicana ISD

Ken Stanley, Humble ISD

Rock Stanley, Garland ISD

Michael Stewart, Kountze ISD

Anthony Swartz, Huffman ISD

Beau Thompson, Palmer ISD

Billy Tilton, Hamshire-Fannett ISD

Chris Towery, Louisiana teacher

Curtis Viola, Port Arthur ISD

Jeff Walker, Bellaire ISD

Kenneth Wallace, Pecos ISD

Dave Westfall, West Hardin ISD

Ian White, Tenaha iSD

Jeffrey Whitehall, Houston iSD

Roger Williams, formerly of Milby High School

Henry Willis, Jr, Dallas ISD

Ryan Wood, Pennsville School District (N.J.)

George Young, Spring ISD

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don Price is the obvoius hire off of that list.....

...but...

If HF wanted to get a younger commodity...there is a name on the list that in intriguing.  Nathan Barrier from Groesbeck ISD.  This guys is a prodigy.  Son of Nathan Barrier of Waco Robinson ISD.  Look Robinson's record up during the Sr Barrier's tenure coaching there....very very successful.  Ned has never been a head coach, but he is ready.  He knows football better than any coach I have ever been around.  One of the best, up and coming, offensive minds in the High School game today. He has family in the Hull Daisetta area and coached a few years there in the late 90's and early 2000's.  He also has alot of connections when it comes to assistants.  If he is hired, he will arrive with a very capable and knowledgeable staff, that can be guaranteed. He, at least, deserves a look. 

To me, these are the only two real candidates on this list.  They are like night and day, but one thing is for sure, they would both be successful as the head coach at HF. 

I have been an avid Don Price supporter through all of his stuff at BH, and even suggested him for this job earlier on when Mangan was first rumored to have been dismissed, but I must admit, Nathan Barrier makes me change my mind.  Barrier should be the man for the job.

I'm impressed with the geographic variety of applicants - Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio, New Hampshire, New Jersey, California, two from Alaska!!! and one guy from WorldFitnessChampions.Net.  This internet is a wondrous thing.

Now if HF can start recruiting [b]athletes[/b] from all of these states ..... ;D :D ;D :D

Anyone knows about those two guys from Katy? Which Katy school are those two guys from b/c if they are from the Katy Tigers program...could be guys who know how to get the most out of their athletes and know how to win. I still think they will stay inside with the two guys that were not there befor mangan or guys he did not bring in. They have proven AD success and they are already there (not part of the problems either from what I understand). I guess we shall soon see but one thing for sure, a lot of good quality coaches on there...someone should be able to come in and win.

[b]Rob Powell has applied for the job.[/b]

According to his website and (click on biography)  www.worldfitnesschampion.net  he is:

The Strongest Athelete in History
The Greatest Athlete in History
World's Toughest Man

He should be able to handle those unruly HF parents (including Bluedove) and may cause Dan Hooks to either retire or drop to 6 Man.

HJ Basketball - Look out

[quote name="Rizon" post="780415" timestamp="1269301381"]
Anyone knows about those two guys from Katy? Which Katy school are those two guys from b/c if they are from the Katy Tigers program...could be guys who know how to get the most out of their athletes and know how to win. I still think they will stay inside with the two guys that were not there befor mangan or guys he did not bring in. They have proven AD success and they are already there (not part of the problems either from what I understand). I guess we shall soon see but one thing for sure, a lot of good quality coaches on there...someone should be able to come in and win.
[/quote]
A question for those that know more than me. Has HF ever hired an AD from within?? At least in the last 25 years? And if the two on staff that applied were brought in by Mangan, will administration really hire them the same administration thought the program was not going in the right direction?

[quote name="fisherking" post="780520" timestamp="1269314029"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=67631.msg780415#msg780415 date=1269301381]
[/quote]
A question for those that know more than me. Has HF ever hired an AD from within?? At least in the last 25 years? And if the two on staff that applied were brought in by Mangan, will administration really hire them the same administration thought the program was not going in the right direction?
[/quote]

What says that either one of these two will use the same approach as the man that hired them? I don't think I'm understanding your argument.

Winning records are great, but I doubt if many of these on this list understand what an AD at HF really does - since other ADs aren't usually expected to do the same - HF ADs are expected to do the team laundry, mow the grass on the fields, fertilize, mark the fields, and lots of other chores that are handled by maintenance personnel at other schools.  These tasks take away from the time that could be spent doing actual AD duties.  There are a lot of dynamics at HF that must be considered.  Winning coaches from bigger schools don't always understand the challenges of a smaller school where good athletes are expected to play multiple sports and the conflicts that arise in doing so.  The challenges associated with being the smaller school in a tough district are also different than being in a large school.  I'm not saying someone  doesn't have these qualifications, but simply looking at their record on the surface is not sufficient. 

Mehaffey has been in a similar situation as at HF and has shown success.  He also understands everything an AD is expected to do at HF and has established a good rapport with parents and players.  Of course, he doesn't list being the Strongest or Greatest Athlete in History or purport to be the World's Toughest Man so he might be facing a bit of a challenge for this position. ;D

[quote name="prepballfan" post="780556" timestamp="1269343683"]
Danny Malone went 19-6 as the head coach of PNG in 1988@89. They went to the QF's. Danny Malone also has 204 wins.
[/quote]

the lack of anyone mentioning Malone shows the youth of this board. ;)

the lack of anyone mentioning Malone shows the youth of this board. ;)[/quote]

Agreed. I remember Jasper running into PNG back in 1989 during bi-district playoff time in Pasadena. Both teams had explosive offenses that year and it looked to be a pretty even matchup. The Indians jumped on us early and often and that game was over before it really started. Malone did a great job there...

Guest Borat
This will be Price's job if he wants it. Hands down and running away. And if that happens, there will be some u-haul rentals in the HF area real quick.

I was at that game against Jasper I believe it was in Pasadena. After the game I was walking to my car(I had parked on the Jasper side) a guy walked up to me and socked me in the nose and ran off. I guess the moral to the story is do not park on your opponents side and were your school colors.  LOL

Malone took over a PNG team that won 1 game and scored a total of 1 offensive TD in all their district games in 1988 and had them in the state quarterfinals a year later in 1989.  He followed that up with a 2 round playoff run in 1990. He revived a dead program in 1 year and had folks hating PNG at a level that hadnt been seen in years.   

If they want a short-tem fix to get back on track Id be calling Nebraska.

Malone would not make a week at HF. They could not handle him. The kids quit Mangan, the parents cried about Mangan, and the administration did not back Mangan. HF is different, the parents want to have a say so in everything over there. What the parents need to do is back off and let the coach do his job.

Mehaffey WILL be the next hire whether he is the best candidate or not.

Just watch.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="780637" timestamp="1269358153"]
Malone would not make a week at HF. They could not handle him. The kids quit Mangan, the parents cried about Mangan, and the administration did not back Mangan. HF is different, the parents want to have a say so in everything over there. What the parents need to do is back off and let the coach do his job.

Just watch.
[/quote]

Rob Powell should be the frontrunner. Come on yall. World Record Holder. World's Toughest Man.

I have an idea...Since the parents have "say so in everything the HF AD does, we'll set up a number and have the parents of HF text in the name of the candidate, American idiot...uh Idol style and the winner will be who gets most votes. This has to be a full proof plan right? I mean that show gets more votes than the presidentail election.

Guest Borat
Exactly how would you determine if you were the worlds toughest man and greatest athlete?  Defeat all of the MMA champions? Beat all of the olympic champions in their events? Maybe eat a can of spam with no bread or crackers? :D

[quote name="Roughrider" post="780637" timestamp="1269358153"]

Just watch.
[/quote] :D Hey, I'm a HF parent. Watch it buddy!Look let the coach do his job,but in the meantime, I want his address, phone number, email and twitter site. Just in case I need to speak to him and offer a little advice on how to run the Wing-T offense ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder