HJ

[quote name="ST413" post="773237" timestamp="1268066028"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=67040.msg773230#msg773230 date=1268065654]
what did the LH coach do to get the heave-ho
[/quote]

Mouthing to officials about calls two techs and you are sent to the showers

[/quote]Although I didn't see the game, I heard the officiating was horrendous.

[quote name="speechless" post="773447" timestamp="1268086016"]
the hudson coach didn't deserve the second technical he wasnt even standing up when he got t'd
[/quote]

Don't know what was said but you don't have to be standing up if you say the wrong things you will get teed.

Guest speechless
any ref in that situation should know what is going on, team is getting killed and an idiot asst. got a "t" then you don't give the head man a "t" in the regional semi-final game, just pointless

[quote name="speechless" post="773494" timestamp="1268093071"]
any ref in that situation should know what is going on, team is getting killed and an idiot asst. got a "t" then you don't give the head man a "t" in the regional semi-final game, just pointless
[/quote]

Not saying you are wrong but we don't know what he said.  He may have been told repeatedly that was enough we don't know.

Guest speechless
unless he was cussing the refs mom the ref should swallow his whistle at that point and have some understanding for the big picture

Or maybe the coach should act like a role model and learn how to lead his kids.  I wasn't there, so it is hard to say, but I would think the officials were pretty understanding.  You have already been teched once and getting the crap beat out of you.  Coach your kids and quit worrying about things you can't control such as the officiating.  Learn how to act when losing and have your kids follow. JMHO

Guest speechless
bballgod u dont want in on this i was there and saw it and the coach didnt deserve it and it was the cherry on top of the officiating for that game the head coach didnt even get the first tech

I was there and  was sitting as close to the court as you could unless you were at the table with AAW & Lazeek and I still don't have any idea what he said.  It didn't have any effect on the outcome.  I think after one T has already been called on the bench the coach should have been aware of the situation and not put himself in the position where he could hav been tossed.  Whether the official was right or wrong don't give him the opportunity to toss you.

I will be a part of it if I want to.  Think about it.  He had already been teched.  Do you really think he would have yelled something that would have brought attention to the situation.  If he wanted to say something inappropriate to the officials, he would have done it in a not so obvious way where other people might not here it.  We hire these coaches to not only coach our kids basketball, but to teach our kids how to react in adverse situations.  Don't you think it was a pretty big stage for an official to make such an important call like a second tech.  It would have had to have been something pretty bad.  Something that maybe you couldn't hear.

Guest speechless
the head coach DID NOT get the first tech, it was an asst.

the head coach was sitting down and was not acting a fool at all when the second tech was handed out

i was there and very close and he didn't deserve it

[quote name="no-look" post="774097" timestamp="1268186497"]
Coach Peterson is a good coach and a classy guy. Hard to believe the toss was justified.
[/quote]He was as frustrated as anyone I've ever seen at a regional tournament.You could see this one coming several minutes before it happened.

I was probably as close to the floor as anyone. The coach did not yell at the officials but he made comments to him every trip down the court. The official warned him several times and eventually he warned him and the coach responded leaving the official virtually no alternative but to give the coach the heave ho.
I think officials are way too easy on coaches. When the coaches are mouthy the players become mouthy. They are just a reflection of their coaches. If officials would kick a few more coaches out then the coaches might spend more time coaching instead of showboating for fans, players and officials.

[quote name="scoopno1" post="774295" timestamp="1268197760"]
I was probably as close to the floor as anyone. The coach did not yell at the officials but he made comments to him every trip down the court. The official warned him several times and eventually he warned him and the coach responded leaving the official virtually no alternative but to give the coach the heave ho.
I think officials are way too easy on coaches. When the coaches are mouthy the players become mouthy. They are just a reflection of their coaches. If officials would kick a few more coaches out [u][b]then the coaches might spend more time coaching instead of showboating for fans, players and officials[/b][/u].
[/quote]Man, you were on a roll until you added that last part.  ::)  I don't think the coaches give a whit what the fans are thinking or saying during the play of the game.

Thank you scoop.  That is what I said from the beginning.  He didn't have to be yelling to get tossed.  No official wants to toss a coach. It is not a good situation.  I agree coaches need to do more coaching and less worrying about the uncontrollables.

[quote name="bballgod" post="774364" timestamp="1268226695"]
Thank you scoop.  That is what I said from the beginning.  He didn't have to be yelling to get tossed.  No official wants to toss a coach. It is not a good situation.  I agree coaches need to do more coaching and less worrying about the uncontrollables.
[/quote]

Hmmmm-  Is the suggestion here that the coaches are always wrong and the referees are always right?  If this coach is, as some have said, normally a model of decorum (I have seen him coach 8 or 10 games without ever misbehaving) what is it that caused him to "behave so unacceptably" in this particular instance? 

Just for the record................Said coach has had discussions or something similar to that stating that a mistake was made and that he should not have been ejected from the game.  Also received a personal apology from the ref that sent him packing!!!  Just sayin!!!!

Guest speechless
coach peterson has received an official letter of apology from the abilene chapter and from the official who made the call

the refs handled it wrong and they have admitted it

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder