HJ

LET ME SAY THIS..........THE FACT THAT I HAVE ONLY GIVEN 5 TECHS TO COACHES IN 17 YEARS OF OFFICIATING PROBABLY DOES NOT MAKE ME AN EXPERT ON THIS THREAD...but.....in any situation involving the second technical foul.....a coach would have to run out on the court and punch me before I would do it...and  in a regional he would probably have to urinate on my leg .....I preface this by saying I was not at this game...and cannot and will not pass judgement on this crew...(but would like to have seen what took place.....

[quote name="OLDREF" post="775828" timestamp="1268365963"]
LET ME SAY THIS..........THE FACT THAT I HAVE ONLY GIVEN 5 TECHS TO COACHES IN 17 YEARS OF OFFICIATING PROBABLY DOES NOT MAKE ME AN EXPERT ON THIS THREAD...but.....in any situation involving the second technical foul.....a coach would have to run out on the court and punch me before I would do it...and  in a regional he would probably have to urinate on my leg .....I preface this by saying I was not at this game...and cannot and will not pass judgement on this crew...(but would like to have seen what took place.....
[/quote]

I was there and there was nothing like that going on.  He had been complaining the whole game.  One T on the bench earlier. I didn't see exactly but I believe he was sitting(could have been standing) and said something as officials came by going to other end. The game was already out of hand.  My point has been whether or not official was right or wrong,  don't give him a chance to toss you.  He has been warned already don't push it.  This coach seems like a class act,  I am not saying anything bad about him, he was just frustrated.

YOU SAY WHAT.....................One of the techs was against the bench?......That is an indirect technical...........you have to have two direct technicals or 3 indirects to get tossed....If that is the case somebody made a big BOO-BOO.....UH-OH!!!!!.....

[quote name="OLDREF" post="775892" timestamp="1268372124"]
YOU SAY WHAT.....................One of the techs was against the bench?......That is an indirect technical...........you have to have two direct technicals or 3 indirects to get tossed....If that is the case somebody made a big BOO-BOO.....UH-OH!!!!!.....
[/quote]

I am not sure that is what I heard.  Never got an official word on it. 

[quote name="ST413" post="775842" timestamp="1268366965"]
[quote author=OLDREF link=topic=67040.msg775828#msg775828 date=1268365963]
[/quote]

I was there and there was nothing like that going on.  He had been complaining the whole game.  One T on the bench earlier. I didn't see exactly but I believe he was sitting(could have been standing) and said something as officials came by going to other end. The game was already out of hand.  My point has been whether or not official was right or wrong,  don't give him a chance to toss you.  He has been warned already don't push it.  This coach seems like a class act,  I am not saying anything bad about him, he was just frustrated.
[/quote]

Well I sure hope nothing like that was goin on lmao

[quote name="OLDREF" post="775892" timestamp="1268372124"]
[/quote]He has gotten an apology in writing from the ref and a higher up....

[quote name="OLDREF" post="775828" timestamp="1268365963"]
[/quote]
Thats ridiculous. If you bother to watch many games either in person or on TV, you would know that many times coaches are thinking the same thing but get tossed for egregious behavior that is way short of "punching a ref in the face". If many officials used your logic, coaches would be exploiting refs to the max. You have to grow a pair & enforce the rules for respect, not to see how few technicals you can hand out so everyone likes me. Coaches prey on the weak ones like that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder