Top 10 Baseball 3-7-2010

[quote name="spoonbill" post="772739" timestamp="1267979357"]
i'm not sure how you can put jasper at 2 and not have vidor on there. when their number ones went head to head, the pirates prevailed.
[/quote]

real good point, vidor could be No.1 with Hester. but a healthy Bellow (Ned) and Benoit (PNG) and even Hicks (BC) all teams could be No.1

[quote name="SportsTeam1" post="772738" timestamp="1267979309"]
I heard Jasper is very good this year. Havent gotten a chance to go out to see them.
PNG is on a roll right now.
Nederland is doing well also.
I think Orangefield is a little overrated. Two players can't get the job done every game.
[/quote]

Orangefield has 9 players that can play. It's not a two man team.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="772747" timestamp="1267979889"]
[quote author=SportsTeam1 link=topic=66990.msg772738#msg772738 date=1267979309]
I heard Jasper is very good this year. Havent gotten a chance to go out to see them.
PNG is on a roll right now.
Nederland is doing well also.
I think Orangefield is a little overrated. Two players can't get the job done every game.
[/quote]

Orangefield has 9 players that can play. It's not a two man team.
[/quote]

Not to mention they have two very GOOD pitchers.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="772731" timestamp="1267978438"]
just working on it, do you think these are the 5 best teams in our area?

1. Orangefield
2. Jasper
3. West Brook
4. Nederland
5. Port Neches-Groves

[/quote]

Trying to be objective, I still see Ned as 1,  Orangefield or Jasper 2, PNG 4 and Brook 5.

To say OF is only two players is a complete joke. If you have not seen them the past two years and only hear of jace and jacob then u are missing out. The cats are stacked 1 through 9, play great defense and have 4 quality pitchers. Wins over kelly and pam prove OF is the real deal.

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="772790" timestamp="1267987324"]
Rankings with teams #1 on the mound.
1. Nederland
2. BC
3. West Brook
4. Orangefield
5. Vidor
6. Jasper
7. PNG
8. WOS
9. Kelly
10.Lumberton

I think people are looking at tournaments to much when teams are throwing their 5 and 6 guys up there.
[/quote]

AGREE with the tournament analysis.  It's a time to get everyone involved and see who has strengths and weaknesses.  Not all coaches go for the win, but try to find the best chemistry.

[quote name="Gabe" post="772779" timestamp="1267985591"]
1. OF
2. Vidor
3. Nederland
4. Jasper
5. PN-G
[/quote]

Seems Jasper has played Vidor 4 times this year.  3-1 against Vidor, one game was just a scrimmage.  Both of Vidor's losses have been to Jasper and Jasper only loss was to Vidor.  These teams get to hook up again in Jasper at Jasper's tournament.  Games have been competitive.  I think both teams are benefiting from each others competition.

Why wouldn't you take tournament games into account at least in some way? They are the teams playing games. How else you going to get a feel about a team? Guess?? The beauty is teams have time to make improvements and figure things out plus our rankings really don't mean squat. just fun to do and get other peoples opinions

[quote name="BCgrad05" post="772790" timestamp="1267987324"]
1. Nederland
2. BC
3. West Brook
4. Orangefield
5. Vidor
6. Jasper
7. PNG
8. WOS
9. Kelly
10.Lumberton

I think people are looking at tournaments to much when teams are throwing their 5 and 6 guys up there.

[/quote]
No lcm...wow ok....

[quote name="Gabe" post="772778" timestamp="1267985412"]
To say OF is only two players is a complete joke. If you have not seen them the past two years and only hear of jace and jacob then u are missing out. The cats are stacked 1 through 9, play great defense and have 4 quality pitchers.[b] Wins over kelly and pam prove OF is the real deal. [/b] [/quote]

IMO.....Not to get people po'd ....It's going to take wins over better teams to be the real deal.  Once district starts and you start winning then you can be labled as real deal.  Nobody's going to give you that title until you do.

1. Nederland
2. BC
3. West Brook
4. Orangefield
5. Vidor
6. Jasper
7. PNG
8. WOS
9. Kelly
10.Lumberton

How can you say this when Benoit is better than all of those pitchers or just as good.
Bellows can compete and so can hicks but not hester, nor anyone from orangefield.
give me a break. PNG should be top 3 for sure. They win district or come clost every year.
You have no idea what your talking about.
When Benoit is healthy, noone will hit him in this district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder