Top 10 Baseball 3-7-2010

[quote name="Gabe" post="772899" timestamp="1268008604"]
Don't get me wrong, I've told many people OF has to beat BC first before being crowned but at this point they are playing the best ball
[/quote]
Thats true Gabe.  As you know, no one from OF has come on here are crowned us champs.  We all know it goes through BC.  Most people on here talking up OF are not from OF.  We feel we have a very good TEAM.  We are not just two players and anyone that says we are really does not know what they are talking about.  District can not get here fast enough.

[quote name="vidorianswag" post="772911" timestamp="1268010340"]
1.Nederland
2.port neches
3.vidor
4.westbrook
5.bridge city
6.orangefield
7.beaumont kelly
8.jasper
9.lumberton
10.???
[/quote]

well, vidor did just get beaten by Jasper while vidor had hagler on the mound and jasper had their "last resorts". maybe they put a babe taste in your mouth? but IMO, Jasper is one of the top 3. nederland of course is up there. but the basis of a poll like this is unbalanced at this point- you dont really know what the team's makeup for district/playoffs will be yet. they are throwing "last resort" pitchers, or guys that most likely wont pitch in district. guys are trying to earn spots right now. and SportsTeam1, i can guarantee you that hester CAN compete with ANY team out there. when vidor has hester on the bump, they are a FORCE. and as for the BC/ Ofield debate.. look at the competition BC is facing compared to the competition ofield is facing...maybe BC isnt winning all of their games, but they COMPETE in every single one. if nothing else, they're preparing to win in district. Orangefield is playing 2a and weak 3a teams for the most part. they beat kelly, thats one good win. i wouldnt say beating memorial is any special feat...

BC is a solid team and deserves to be in the top 3.
Nederland on the other hand got beaten by BC  AND West Brook.
Nederland is a good squad but seems to be a little overrated.
West Brook RUN RULED Bridge City with a soph on the mound, and defeated nederland pitching a FRESHMAN, while Nederland threw Laird
Considering the Level of competition West Brook plays ( Power House 5As such as Kingwood, College Park, Klien Collins) it seems obvious they are the best team in the area.

I have read several of your posts and you are so quick to put players and teams down.  That isn't what this forum is for.  Giving opinions is one thing but bashing is wrong.[quote name="SportsTeam1" post="772898" timestamp="1268008599"]
Rankings with teams #1 on the mound.
1. Nederland
2. BC
3. West Brook
4. Orangefield
5. Vidor
6. Jasper
7. PNG
8. WOS
9. Kelly
10.Lumberton

I think people are looking at tournaments to much when teams are throwing their 5 and 6 guys up there.

How can you say this when Benoit is better than all of those pitchers or just as good.
Bellows can compete and so can hicks but not hester, nor anyone from orangefield.
give me a break. PNG should be top 3 for sure. They win district or come clost every year.
You have no idea what your talking about.
When Benoit is healthy, noone will hit him in this district.
[/quote]

[quote name="SportsTeam1" post="772898" timestamp="1268008599"]
1. Nederland
2. BC
3. West Brook
4. Orangefield
5. Vidor
6. Jasper
7. PNG
8. WOS
9. Kelly
10.Lumberton

I think people are looking at tournaments to much when teams are throwing their 5 and 6 guys up there.

How can you say this when Benoit is better than all of those pitchers or just as good.
Bellows can compete and so can hicks but not hester, nor anyone from orangefield.
give me a break. PNG should be top 3 for sure. They win district or come clost every year.
[/quote]you may want to actually go and watch a game before you start posting garbage. first off, it's bellow not bellows. second, if you think orangefield can't compete, you don't know crap about baseball at all. lastly, if you think hester can't compete, i suggest you talk to some of the kids that actually have to face him and ask them what they think. he's very good.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="773131" timestamp="1268058946"]
[quote author=SportsTeam1 link=topic=66990.msg772898#msg772898 date=1268008599]
1. Nederland
2. BC
3. West Brook
4. Orangefield
5. Vidor
6. Jasper
7. PNG
8. WOS
9. Kelly
10.Lumberton

[/quote]you may want to actually go and watch a game before you start posting garbage. first off, it's bellow not bellows. second, if you think orangefield can't compete, you don't know crap about baseball at all. lastly, if you think hester can't compete, i suggest you talk to some of the kids that actually have to face him and ask them what they think. he's very good.
[/quote]Totally agree with you spoonbill!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics