Anahuac Score / ANAHUAC WINS 47-39

[quote name="Cowboys" post="769471" timestamp="1267541630"]
I realize that there is not a lot of stock in comparing scores of games, but Sabine played Kountze in the H-J tournament and lost by approximately 30 points.  If you look at that, alone, one could assume that it would be a good game.
[/quote]

They also played EC at H-J and won by 17.

[quote name="Cowboys" post="769518" timestamp="1267544813"]
[quote author=Cowboys link=topic=66729.msg769471#msg769471 date=1267541630]
I realize that there is not a lot of stock in comparing scores of games, but Sabine played Kountze in the H-J tournament and lost by approximately 30 points.  If you look at that, alone, one could assume that it would be a good game.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw that as well....it's very safe to say this should be a close game based on commom opponents = simple math x AP ;)

Was good to see you buddy, hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

[quote name="Cowboys" post="769471" timestamp="1267541630"]
[/quote]

Their best player and leading scorer and defender got knocked out of the Kountze game with a concussion.  They also lost another starter early in second half to an ankle. their 3rd leading scorer and leading rebounder played his first game of the season in Kountze game and missed the EC game earlier in tourney obviously.  I expect it to be a war (when you get to regionals every game is) but I wouldnt put much stock in common opponent point spreads.  Good luck and safety to all the players and fans coming up to our neck of the woods.

[quote name="tvman91" post="769693" timestamp="1267564575"]
Anahuac is a good team and should not be underestimated. That being said I think Sabine wins the game by pulling away in the 4th and finishing 10 ahead.
[/quote]

Didn't you say woodville was going to walk all over abahuac?

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="769541" timestamp="1267546303"]
[quote author=Cowboys link=topic=66729.msg769518#msg769518 date=1267544813]
[quote author=Cowboys link=topic=66729.msg769471#msg769471 date=1267541630]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw that as well....it's very safe to say this should be a close game based on commom opponents = simple math x AP ;)

Was good to see you buddy, hope all is well in your neck of the woods! 

[/quote]

It was nice seeing y'all as well.  I think Anahuac has the opportunity to succeed against Sabine.  One thing Anahuac has going for them now is that they believe in what they are doing.  It has been a very long time since that has happened for the entire school.  They deserve it, and I think the athletes in Anahuac will ride it for a while.  Congratulations to the coaching staff for doing a tremendous job and keep up the GREAT work.  A regional championship would be nice.

[quote name="allsports" post="769765" timestamp="1267579510"]
Ben West = great coach! He is the best coach in the area outside of Sutherland.
[/quote]Coach West does a great job,I knew he would turn the program around at Anahuac pretty quick.Some of the best coaches in the state set in the second seat at HJ,Silsbee and Kountze.The next time you watch any of these 3 clubs watch these guys.All 3 schools have very good head coaches but the assistants at these schools coach their a$$ off.

[quote name="Bucof2010" post="769723" timestamp="1267571175"]
[quote author=tvman91 link=topic=66729.msg769693#msg769693 date=1267564575]
Anahuac is a good team and should not be underestimated. That being said I think Sabine wins the game by pulling away in the 4th and finishing 10 ahead.
[/quote]

Didn't you say woodville was going to walk all over abahuac?
[/quote]
Yes I said that but Anahuac came out and played well while Woodville played the 1st quarter very flat. But if Sabine thinks it will be easy they can be beat. I just think Sabine is much better than Woodville or Centerville and has a clear advantage over Anahuac.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn