LCM Bears 2010 Tournament Scores/Updates

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it regulation?  If it is, I think the point is moot.  As long as the field is of regulation size, then whatever others add onto their's for their egos is of little value, and mostly for chest beating and boasting.  As far as the wind goes...location, location, location.  Smart move on LCM's part.

I would like to see some comparisons with some of the other parks in the area. There are only a had full that are significantly bigger. Png is basically the same. Vidor is probably the shortest in the area in right. I watch my longhorns play at lcm and BC and BC may be shorter all the way around. Remember these are highschool fields not college. Let's keep the focus on what has been a great first week of baseball and we still have two days left. 

Guest gladiator2
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe LCM hit several HR's in their tournament last year. The field is short and the wind blows out of there a lot but the pitching that they are facing is the key. This is more or less a 3A tournament. LCM has alway's had big guy's that can hit the ball out of the park. Early in the season they alway's put up big power number's. I don't believe in any year you can count LCM out because they just reload like Nederland and Port Neches. I guess we'll see how good they really are in a couple of weeks.

[quote name="games24x7" post="767029" timestamp="1267198518"]
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe LCM hit several HR's in their tournament last year. The field is short and the wind blows out of there a lot but the pitching that they are facing is the key. This is more or less a 3A tournament. LCM has alway's had big guy's that can hit the ball out of the park. Early in the season they alway's put up big power number's. I don't believe in any year you can count LCM out because they just reload like Nederland and Port Neches. I guess we'll see how good they really are in a couple of weeks.
[/quote]

I agree with that. At this point in the year all they can do is hit who throws against them. I don't think they are going to be a big power hitting team by any stretch. they seem to play pretty solid defense and I think that will be the key for them this year.

[quote name="cowboysfan4life" post="767089" timestamp="1267207872"]
any word on delays or cancellations?  How is the weather in Orange? Any more bad stuff on the way?
[/quote]
Here at DuPont it is clear for the time being, it sprinkled earlier.  The radar shows some patchy stuff.  Who knows?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder