Best Goalie in SETX

Jasper#17

My 2 cents....
Caleb Schexnider - Lumberton - only allowed 9 goals (2 in district play with one being scored by one of our defenders :-\)  all season long to go along with 9 shutouts. Started out rough but has come on very strong of late.

Other notable goalies that we have played against
Kelly GK was impressive
HJ GK is a good one too

Schexnider is very good.

HJ's Goalie - Josh Kerl (Jr.) - is IMO also one of the best goalies in the area, he has kept HJ in some games with his great play. Schexnider's Goals Allowed Stats may be better, but if you compare the number of shots taken to goals allowed I'd bet that Kerl's are just as good if not better.

Teams have taken up to 20 shots on him and put only one goal in several games.

[quote name="bullets13" post="766696" timestamp="1267150740"]
Josh should be all-district.  he's really solid.  i wish we could see how good he would've been had he been playing his whole life.  when you watch him, it's tough to believe he's only played a couple of years.
[/quote]

Only for a little over one year really.. Came out last year for soccer as a sophmore and had never played before.. Now he's a junior and will still have one more year

[quote name="hj_hawk_60" post="766539" timestamp="1267143004"]
Schexnider is very good.

HJ's Goalie - Josh Kerl (Jr.) - is IMO also one of the best goalies in the area, he has kept HJ in some games with his great play. Schexnider's Goals Allowed Stats may be better, but if you compare the number of shots taken to goals allowed I'd bet that Kerl's are just as good if not better.

[/quote]

because HJ allows ALOT of shots to be taken... Lumberton doesnt.  ;)

[quote name="aeropro7" post="769749" timestamp="1267577066"]
[quote author=hj_hawk_60 link=topic=66487.msg766539#msg766539 date=1267143004]
Schexnider is very good.

[/quote]

because HJ allows ALOT of shots to be taken... Lumberton doesnt.  ;)
[/quote]

I know, but my point is we're talking best Goalie.. number of shots taken is not a reflection of the goalie's play, number of saves however is..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder