Team Rankings

Jasper#17

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="761515" timestamp="1266459419"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=66178.msg761216#msg761216 date=1266428950]
#1 in the area! IMO. Go Dogs!
[/quote]
Maybe #1 in your district, but Lumberton will have something to say about who is number 1 in the area. :o
[/quote]

Nederland is better.

[quote name="CoachL" post="761625" timestamp="1266466697"]

Nederland is better.
[/quote]

You guys always say that  >:( >:( >:(
Where is the love?
[/quote]

just an opinion, but i think a fair one.  this group has been playing together for so long that they're incredibly solid, one of the best teams this area has seen in a few years.  Lumberton is a notch below them, in my opinion, which is no knock to your program.  i will be fair and admit that the disparity in the districts makes it tough to tell.  I'd love to see what Lumberton could do in that district.  It would be a lot easier to choose between the two.

Although Nederland and Lumberton are not playing, I do look forward to the PNG and Lumberton matchup next Friday at the Reservation.  We were able to get this game when WOS pulled out of soccer.  It would have been a bye for PNG.  I've heard alot of talk about how good Lumberton is.  Now I get to see how they match up against currently 2nd place PNG.

Coach L I'm pretty sure everyone here has mad respect for your program, as much as everyone does for Nederland. As of now they have been playing for a rather long time as a team. I have no doubt out of 10 games against each other with the current squads the final record would either be 6-4 or 5-5, either team in either position. I mean one team could have an off night, or the field conditions could post a problem. So in my opinion both teams are equally good. Unfortunately, if the two teams do meet it will only be once and from there the best mens varsity squad will be crowned.

This dude ranks teams on a weekly basis (almost).  He does a separate boys and girls rankings.  While it may not be accurate, it sounds/looks interesting.  [url=http://www.stxsoccer.com/elgg/mod/vanillaforum/vanilla/comments.php?DiscussionID=171&page=1#Item_0]girls top 25[/url]

[quote name="Newbie" post="762206" timestamp="1266543030"]
This dude ranks teams on a weekly basis (almost).  He does a separate boys and girls rankings.  While it may not be accurate, it sounds/looks interesting.  [url=http://www.stxsoccer.com/elgg/mod/vanillaforum/vanilla/comments.php?DiscussionID=171&page=1#Item_0]girls top 25[/url]
[/quote]

Did I miss something in this statement? Cause I have no clue whats being said here, except someone ranks people on a weekly basis and provides girls and boys ranking.

[quote name="bullets13" post="761612" timestamp="1266465944"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=66178.msg761608#msg761608 date=1266465872]
Plus lumberton is in our district right?
[/quote]

nah, they split the districts this year.
[/quote]
Districts were split before this year, not sure when. That's why L-Town and Nederland were playing each other in bi-district last year.

[quote name="bullets13" post="761594" timestamp="1266465509"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=66178.msg761515#msg761515 date=1266459419]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=66178.msg761216#msg761216 date=1266428950]
#1 in the area! IMO. Go Dogs!
[/quote]
Maybe #1 in your district, but Lumberton will have something to say about who is number 1 in the area. :o
[/quote]

Nederland is better.
[/quote]
I noticed Nederland was better last year.......oh wait, L--Town won Bi-District didn't we?

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="763115" timestamp="1266651464"]
[quote author=Bon_Mot link=topic=66178.msg763037#msg763037 date=1266639967]
Ummm.  I think Nederland did, too... 

Nederland was eliminated by Waller in the Area Round and Lumberton was eliminated by Brenham in the same round.
[/quote]
Hm, maybe it was the girls who played each other, my bad.  ::)
[/quote]

yep it was the girls that played. I was at that game. (:

Um i beg to differ. I was at the high school in 2009 and we lost to brenham 2-1 in our last round of playoffs. Not nederland, and if i recall correctly we beat nederland the two previous years BEFORE the districts split. Now yes in the years since we have moved out of there district it is not so easily decided as to who the better team is but i believe that record speaks for itself.

[quote name="Nike5" post="764855" timestamp="1266954767"]
Um i beg to differ. I was at the high school in 2009 and we lost to brenham 2-1 in our last round of playoffs. Not nederland, and if i recall correctly we beat nederland the two previous years BEFORE the districts split. Now yes in the years since we have moved out of there district it is not so easily decided as to who the better team is but i believe that record speaks for itself.
[/quote]
Who said that Nederland knocked Lumberton out of the play-offs?  I don't know if you're differing with me or what, but Lumberton lost to Brenham 2-1 at Humble High School in the Area Round of the 2009 season on the same night that Willis eliminated Vidor at Charles St. in Humble.  I attended both games.  The next night, Nederland lost to Waller at Kingwood Park High School.  It was all during the Area (Second) Round of the UIL Bracket.

And what record speaks for itself?  The overall record?  I don't think that one would lean toward Lumberton.  Only the record of the years[i] you [/i] played?  Definitelty Lumberton.  Which record is doing all of the speaking here?

I sure wish Lumberton and Nederland would have played a non-district game against each other these past two years...

I also went to check what records I have found and please keep in mind I am missing results from several years (1989-1992, 1997-1999, 2001, 2002, and 2004) **Not even sure if they played maybe Bon Mot can help me update my records**.

The years I do have (1993-1996, 2000, 2003, 2005-2009) show Lumberton holding a 9-10-1 record vs Nederland. Like I said that is missing a few years which I have been unable to update.

I went back this morning and looked a little more and found 2 more wins for Nederland giving them and edge over Lumberton. Sorry for the mistake

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder