Team Rankings

Jasper#17

[quote name="CoachL" post="764929" timestamp="1266960209"]
I also went to check what records I have found and please keep in mind I am missing results from several years (1989-1992, 1997-1999, 2001, 2002, and 2004) **Not even sure if they played maybe Bon Mot can help me update my records**.

The years I do have (1993-1996, 2000, 2003, 2005-2009) show Lumberton holding a 9-8-1 record vs Nederland. Like I said that is missing a few years which I have been unable to update.
[/quote]

I'm not too sure about that and I have a question:  According to your signature, Lum won 11 district championships.  In what district??  FYI Ned had 15 or 16 consecutive DCs (National Record) from 88-04 I think. And have won a few after the streak.

i have found most of these records form district banners and trophies found around school and from information from the UIL. And i know for a fact that 1996 Nederland was co-district champs with none other than Lumberton High School. I know for a fact because I was a member of that team that beat Nederland 2-0 at their place. They later got their revenge at our place and in a playoff game for first place but none the less shared the title with us that year.

i dont think you can win the argument that lumberton has a better program than nederland. how many times does manchester united or real madrid. or milan lose to teams that are obviously weaker than them. alot. they will pound them and pound them but it just doesnt go there way. just cause you beat a team once or twice doesnt mean you are better than them(i am ready to take criticism for that comment) but i still believe the same thing. just cause you beat one team 1-0 doesnt make you able to go play against a powerhouse and have a better chance of beating them... coach L.. hampshire fannet beat you in the preseason this year. would you call them better? i dont think so... i am a vidor graduate so i am no way on either sides. but for as long as i can remember and im 32 now. nederland was always the team to beat. they were THE best around here. no questions asked.. lumberton has made a name for themselves as well..... just thinking out loud.

I have not tried to say that Lumberton is the "team to beat" or that we are the better program. I am simply responding to this thread with the information I have. I have not tried to argue that Lumberton is better or said the same of Nederland. I share your thoughts about a team winning/losing on any given night and in fact shared that same thought with Coach Wedel this evening . I have a great deal of respect for mid county soccer and havent spoke ill of it. I was merely replying to BonMots post on here with regards to the record of these two teams playing against each other. It has and Im sure will continue to be a great match when they play each other.
I also asked for help in getting the missing years filled in so that I can get a more accurate history of Lumbertons program vs Nederland as Im sure there are games that I do not have a record of.

• 3 weeks later...
[font=Verdana][font=Verdana][size=12pt]I think you people have not been paying attention.....[/size][/font][/font]
I have been to several games in districts 37 and 38 and it is probably clear to anyone who has taking the time to notice that the third and forth place teams in district 37 would likely easily handle the 3rd and 4th place teams in district 38 and no-one should place a bet against Lumberton or Vidor were they to play Nederland or PNG.  I would argue that this year 37 just a-bit better than 38. :o

Lemonhead,

Are you serious??  LC-M, who finished in 5th place in 4A-38, lost to Lumberton 1-0, beat Vidor twice, beat Livingston, and beat Liberty.  Please resort to facts when making such broad-sweeping statements.

Vidor is coming on strong.  But we will see what happens in a few days, won't we??

[quote name="Islander" post="777309" timestamp="1268676580"]
Lemonhead,

Are you serious??  LC-M, who finished in 5th place in 4A-38, lost to Lumberton 1-0, beat Vidor twice, beat Livingston, and beat Liberty.  Please resort to facts when making such broad-sweeping statements.

Vidor is coming on strong.  But we will see what happens in a few days, won't we??
[/quote]

Great observation Islander.  I suspect that had LC-M played in district 37 they would have made the play-offs.  District 38 was very competitive this year.

[quote name="lemonhead" post="776990" timestamp="1268606696"]
[font=Verdana][font=Verdana][size=12pt]I think you people have not been paying attention.....[/size][/font][/font]
I have been to several games in districts 37 and 38 and it is probably clear to anyone who has taking the time to notice that the third and forth place teams in district 37 would likely easily handle the 3rd and 4th place teams in district 38 and no-one should place a bet against Lumberton or Vidor were they to play Nederland or PNG.  I would argue that this year 37 just a-bit better than 38. :o
[/quote]

You should probably get some facts straight because I almost vomitted when I read this post. HF has beaten everybody in District 37 except for Vidor and Jasper, and that is only because we did not play them.  District 37 only had three 4a teams while District 38 had five 4a teams.  And for you saying that "the third and forth place teams in district 37 would likely easily handle the 3rd and 4th place teams in district 38," HF beat Livingston twice, Liberty once, and even beat Lumberton in the season opener.  District 38 is way more competitive.

Ok I don't think anyone in their right mind can say that District 37 is tougher than 38. Lumberton (who was first in d37) lost to Central (who was fourth in d38).

Should I say anything more than that?
You can argue as much as you want, but the evidence is greatly swayed towards 38 being the competitive and challenging district between the two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami