*SILSBEE @ HJ BROADCAST THREAD*/Audio & Video/HJ WINS!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761015" timestamp="1266388723"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=66123.msg761013#msg761013 date=1266388516]
AAW on the replay I heard you say we will play Rudder don't they have to break a tie with Navasota?
[/quote]

Bryan Rudder has elected to go as the #2 seed out of that district instead of playing it off with Navasota.

The word is that they feel they have a better chance going up against Silsbee than going the other route.

Same with Navasota. They were fine with Rudder giving up the #1 seed because they would rather play HJ.

I believe both those teams are in for a rude awakening. ;)
[/quote]
WOW!  Any ideas where that playoff game may be played?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ST413" post="761018" timestamp="1266389237"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=66123.msg761015#msg761015 date=1266388723]
AAW on the replay I heard you say we will play Rudder don't they have to break a tie with Navasota?
[/quote]

Bryan Rudder has elected to go as the #2 seed out of that district instead of playing it off with Navasota.

The word is that they feel they have a better chance going up against Silsbee than going the other route.

Same with Navasota. They were fine with Rudder giving up the #1 seed because they would rather play HJ.

[/quote]
WOW!  Any ideas where that playoff game may be played?

[/quote] If this is the case both the Hawks and Tigers need to come to play and show both these teams they made a poor choice.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761015" timestamp="1266388723"]
[/quote]

[b]The word is that they feel they have a better chance going up against Silsbee than going the other route.[/b]

[/quote]

if they really feel this way, their coaching staff isn't too bright.  i love my hawks, but i'd choose playing them over the matchup horror show that silsbee presents ANY day of the week. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="760989" timestamp="1266386134"]
Foul count

Silsbee 32
HJ       22

That's way too many fouls for both teams.
[/quote]
Like they always say... then QUIT fouling. If the refs lay off the whistle, the cries of " somebody's gonna get hurt" or " you better get control of this game" show up.

[quote name="ST413" post="761086" timestamp="1266417604"]
If the game was too physical you would be right. Did not see much of that type of game last night a lot of touch fouls were called.
[/quote]

seemed like the touch fouls were called, and the hard fouls were let go.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="761343" timestamp="1266440171"]
Wonder where Coop will have HJ in his end of the regular season poll.........I just realized today that he had WOS ranked ahead of HJ. ::) ::)  Now the Hawks have beaten #2 Kountze twice, split with #1 Silsbee and split with #3 WOS!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)
[/quote]

at least top 5...  ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="761017" timestamp="1266389227"]
Leading scorers for Silsbee

D.C. Stallworth      24
[b]Kendrick Jones      17  ( 16 boards)[/b]
Pheal Hill               12
Prentice Lane         8
Kelton Gaines          5
Avory Thomas         2
[/quote]

wow

WOS has been playing very well..............do I think that they are better than HJ???  NO!!!!!!!  But they did beat them last week at WOS............Coop knows that HJ is better.......he just felt like stirring up a hornets nest or should I say a Hawk's nest!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="761367" timestamp="1266441783"]
WOS has been playing very well..............do I think that they are better than HJ???  NO!!!!!!!  But they did beat them last week at WOS............Coop knows that HJ is better.......he just felt like stirring up a hornets nest or should I say a Hawk's nest!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

It is understandable that, going into last nights games, that WOS could have been ranked ahead of HJ since they lost to HJ but then beat them on their home court.  If that is the logic, then can we safely assume that HJ will now be ranked ahead of Silsbee by virtue of identical circumstances?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder