LaPorte in 21-5A! WTH?

westend1

Guest GCMPats
Really suprised they split La Porte and Deer Park.

The coaches at RSS were really worried that they would get Kingwood and Atascocita back. Now those two are in Region 2.

Now at least RSS can battle it out for 4th.

the dumbest thing I HAVE EVER SEEN Laporte NOT PLAYING Deer Park in District..........that is like Texas not playing atm ........what it has done is make Deer Park either a district winner or Runner up for 2 years. The DP coach is mediocre and he will think he is a hero, bottom line they will keep his arrogant ass around for 2 more years at least..................he wont schedule anything for non district. Sorry folks I live in DP and to be given this weak schedule / district alignment is just is a joke.  

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="HR4MEK4U" post="752921" timestamp="1265040686"]
the dumbest thing I HAVE EVER SEEN Laporte NOT PLAYING Deer Park in District..........that is like Texas not playing atm ........what it has done is make Deer Park either a district winner or Runner up for 2 years. The DP coach is mediocre and he will think he is a hero, bottom line they will keep his arrogant butt around for 2 more years at least..................he wont schedule anything for non district. Sorry folks I live in DP and to be given this weak schedule / district alignment is just is a joke.  
[/quote]

Deer Park will cake walk that district. I can olny assume they will schedule for a non-district game. I know REL and RSS are doing it that way.

Back in 1995-1996, Deer Park and Laporte were seperated.....  They moved Deer Park out of the distrtict that was....

PA Jefferson
Vidor
Westbrook
Central
Deer Park
baytown Lee
Baytown Sterling
LaPorte

the district they moved to was,

Deer Park
Rayburn
Pasadena
Dobie
SouthHouston
Northshore

Absolutely made it easier.... however, they were always 1 and done in the playoffs at almost every sport...

[quote name="hjhawks" post="752942" timestamp="1265041621"]
Back in 1995-1996, Deer Park and Laporte were seperated.....  They moved Deer Park out of the distrtict that was....

PA Jefferson
Vidor
Westbrook
Central
Deer Park
baytown Lee
Baytown Sterling
LaPorte

Absolutely made it easier.... however, they were always 1 and done in the playoffs at almost every sport...
[/quote]

Now thats a Tough District..

[quote name="SFA85" post="752950" timestamp="1265041916"]
I'm sure the last time LP and DP were split, they played each other predistrict....
[/quote]

NO THEY DIDNT. I played varsity for LP during 1998-2000 and our senior year, they kept DP in district 23 while we where put in district 24 with GBall, clear creek isd, alvin, brazoswood and pearland.  we didnt play DP in non-district OR EVEN SCRIMMAGE!!!  it happens, but i'm upset that now i have to travel to the golden triagle for my sister basketball games. i was in district with them (beau. central/westbrook, PA Arthur) my freshman year (1997) and hated the travel, we where then placed in district with pasadena isd, GP northshore, and DP (1998-1999).  The east side of GREATER HOUSTON AREA IS A MESS YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

[quote name="Keyser Soze" post="753467" timestamp="1265079596"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=65460.msg753416#msg753416 date=1265076408]
i dont like it. at all.  >:(
[/quote]

Why scoot? What were you looking for?
[/quote]i didnt want LaPorte in the district. we have bad luck with them.

[quote name="westend1" post="753602" timestamp="1265118682"]
Didn't Laporte go a couple of rounds deep this year?  I was thinking that they beat PAM pretty bad in the playoffs.  I think they will be plenty tough.
[/quote]

Katy has knocked them out in the 3rd round the past 2 years....

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="756275" timestamp="1265497488"]
Katy also knocked out Atascocita last year. Colbert's got them playing decent ball. LaPorte is no slouch, but we should beat them handily.
[/quote][color=orange][/color]

[color=orange]thats also what PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL THOUGHT TOO!!![/color]

[quote name="LP0175" post="757191" timestamp="1265683651"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=65460.msg756275#msg756275 date=1265497488]
Katy also knocked out Atascocita last year. Colbert's got them playing decent ball. LaPorte is no slouch, but we should beat them handily.
[/quote][color=orange][/color]

[color=orange]thats also what [color=red]PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL[/color] THOUGHT TOO!!![/color]
[/quote]Go jump off a bridge. We beat ourselves. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder