Hardin vs Ec predictions

Guest baseball25

I don't see EC winning by 25 unless the Bucs dads call the game.There isn't much difference in these 2 clubs and neither has enough inside game for officials to make a difference.The game will be won or lost by whoever gets the best guard play and doesn't turn the ball over.I'm thinking it will probably be a 5 point game but not sure which way I'm leaning yet.If it was in the old gym I'd say EC but I don't think they have the same advantage yet in the new one.

Guest baseball25
Anahuac didn't beat hardin that bad and I don't see Ec beating them that bad the game last Friday night was close with 3 mins to go Ec pressure on def isn't no where near like anahuacs I see a burn burner ties night

ec has two teams.. when the bucs show up they are a pretty balanced team and are very well coached.. when the bucs don't show up.. it gets kind of scary.. i watched one game this year where the first half EC looked like a pretty talented team, and the second half.. well lets just say it didn't go so well.. EC is starting to get back on their feet in district, coach andrews has them playing good team ball. they should win at home by 10.. Go bucs!

Coach Andrews has made a few changes , that seem to have helped the Bucs keep the pressure on when they get a lead now.  Before when they got up they seem to try and not loss instead of keep puting on the pressure. He has moved Carrington to the 4 and Green to the 3 with Dunigan at the 5. Before he keep trading out Carrington and Dunigan, but now he is playing them at the same time and that has helped out on the boards. And DaBoss they may not be that good but they beat you at home and will beat you at EC so i guess that makes Harden (  ) you fill in the blank :D

The spread is way to generous on this one, EC by 20 is a stretch.I don't follow you TrueBlue on the sub to keep the pressure on with Carrington(injured) and Dunnigan(good rebounder, not such a good scorer or defender).If I want to keep up pressure on the ball I want guards to pressure the basketball and you're not gonna get that out of Carrington and Dunnigan.The game is dead even but I gotta go with Hardin to cover.

[quote name="whsalum" post="749507" timestamp="1264469092"]
The spread is way to generous on this one, EC by 20 is a stretch.I don't follow you TrueBlue on the sub to keep the pressure on with Carrington(injured) and Dunnigan(good rebounder, not such a good scorer or defender).If I want to keep up pressure on the ball I want guards to pressure the basketball and you're not gonna get that out of Carrington and Dunnigan.The game is dead even but I gotta go with Hardin to cover.
[/quote] Sorry that you havent seen more of the EC games but With Carrington and Dunigan on the floor at the same time they seem to get more Off. Rebounds and that leads to more easy baskets. EC does not have a true point guard and a deep threat but if they can controll the boards that will put pressure on any team to take better shots. And Dunigan is the 2 leading scorer on this team and leads in blocks so He can score and play deff. So I guess you thank that no one on this team can score

I was talking about pressure defense and I'll take quick guards any day of the week on the press.Big slow kids usually play back on these kinds of defenses.I've saw EC play quite a bit and they are going to be in the hunt for the 3rd playoff spot,whoever wins tomorrow night will get the last spot,but wins over Warren and Buna doesn't convince me the Bucs are a top notch club.I never saw the same kid step up 2 games in a row so I really don't know who they have that can score.I did notice in some of my game notes that Green could shoot the 3 ball and was pretty good off the drive.

[quote name="whsalum" post="749539" timestamp="1264471693"]
I was talking about pressure defense and I'll take quick guards any day of the week on the press.Big slow kids usually play back on these kinds of defenses.I've saw EC play quite a bit and they are going to be in the hunt for the 3rd playoff spot,whoever wins tomorrow night will get the last spot,but wins over Warren and Buna doesn't convince me the Bucs are a top notch club.I never saw the same kid step up 2 games in a row so I really don't know who they have that can score.I did notice in some of my game notes that Green could shoot the 3 ball and was pretty good off the drive.
[/quote]I guess we both missunderstood eachother I was talking about the Pressure of having to score every trip up the floor. With 33 and 1 on the floor they can slow the game to a half court game and score in the paint that makes teams have to score just to keep up. And JMO if they come to play when they play Ana. like they did to play Koun. they will win that game by 10 or more. The only thing is you never know if that team will show up ??? They have a 13 and 12 record so looks like they have beaten more that just Buna and Warren :D

[quote name="baseball25" post="749592" timestamp="1264476982"]
Alot of people aren't giving hardin a chance I love it hardin will give Ec all they want Tom night I promise you that it will be a great game.
[/quote] I see this game being closs untill the 4 qr . If the inside players  of Harden play the way they did in Harden they will be in foul troub. and that is when EC pulls away

[quote name="True Blue" post="749594" timestamp="1264477243"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=65150.msg749570#msg749570 date=1264474650]
Yep,You throw in wins against Deweyville,Legacy and Newton and I guess you,ve got a start.
[/quote] Dont forget   Kelly, 3a OF BC and 4a Vidor ;D :D
[/quote]You got me there,when you throw in those 4 power houses  you may be legit.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder