WYLIE HEAD COACH says no to BH Cash!

[quote name="bassman" post="745101" timestamp="1263697420"]
When a coach decides to shop around for jobs that he has no intention of taking, whether a school district approaches you or not, to get a raise from you current school, is no longer in it for the kids. IMO
[/quote]

Baloney...you can be in for the kids AND look out for your own family

When a coach decides to shop around for jobs that he has no intention of taking, whether a school district approaches you or not, to get a raise from you current school, is no longer in it for the kids. IMO
[/quote]

WHAT?  Forget the fact that coaching is his livelyhood, and when the opportunity presents itself for him to make more money, or get a little leverage to make more money he should do it everytime.  I guess its ok for anyone else, in any other profession to do the same thing though.  Congrats on Coach Sanifer's raise, and being one of the top paid coaches in Texas.  He deserves it.

Sometimes Coaches are not actively seeking a job but are asked to send a resume.  I live around 50 miles from Wylie...I don't think Coach Sandifer was looking to leave Wylie.  He's been there for about 24 years and done very well.  That is his home! I would not worry if Wylie paid him more....they can afford it!

[quote name="BoboandBlair" post="745198" timestamp="1263742764"]
[quote author=bassman link=topic=64779.msg745101#msg745101 date=1263697420]
[/quote]

WHAT?  Forget the fact that coaching is his livelyhood, and when the opportunity presents itself for him to make more money, or get a little leverage to make more money he should do it everytime.  I guess its ok for anyone else, in any other profession to do the same thing though.  Congrats on Coach Sanifer's raise, and being one of the top paid coaches in Texas.  He deserves it.
[/quote]

bassman you are jack!#@.  Coaches spend tons of hours working with kids and want to earn a decent living.  They had the desire to get a college education and give tremendous amount of their life to coach kids to be winners and great citizens in our community.  They deserve every dollar they earn compared to some of the paper pushers that earn 6 figures and have almost no contact with the student population. 

Coaches do this all of the time to get a pay raise by putting their name in for another job. You guys at BH don't get discouraged. Vance and Danaher used this tactic with the PN-G job for financial gain at Liberty Hill and Callalen respectively. Last time that I checked, we came out in pretty good shape with Coach Faircloth, so let the process play out and see what happens.

When a coach decides to shop around for jobs that he has no intention of taking, whether a school district approaches you or not, to get a raise from you current school,[b] is no longer in it for the kids[/b]. IMO
[/quote]
He is in it for the KIDS...His KIDS. Congrats to him.

[quote name="redheaded stepchild" post="745226" timestamp="1263748106"]
I do believe that BH should begin to now lower there sites and realize money can't buy all. There are plenty of quality coaches out there, but I believe BH is reaching beyond reality in the coaches they are targeting.
[/quote]

This is a pretty lame comment too?  Why would you ever lower your sites on anything in life.  Swing for the moon man, swing for the moon.  You'll never hit a homerun if you never swing the bat so BH, continue to try and get the best....The school district and the kids deserve nothing less!!!!

[/quote]

As serveral others have said - bull. You can juggle your committment to the kids and your family with integrity. Sounds like he did.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245