Message boards have become a joke imo

CoachL

I know that this opinion is shared by many fans, players, coaches etc..  but these boards in the soccer forums have become a joke. Whoever these people are posting these ridiculous topics are ruining these boards. These posts and topics lately have been immature, ridiculous or down right ignorant. Has anyone else noticed that none of the regular posters(aries, bonmot, newbie, newcastle and others) have been on lately or that topics are being repeated by what seems to be immature kids who are making a joke out of setx soccer. It makes me look forward to a friendswoodfan post at least he has interesting and intriguing arguments.  :o

Dont know how much longer I will even continue to post on these boards if this continues.

I agree, never any discussion about a game, or opinion concerning soccer.  Usually a player asking questions so someone will maybe mention his name as being great or doing great.  Its quite obvious when they ask the greatest players in southeast texas and list just a certain list. Why not ask whose the best player on the other team.  And see if possibly anyone could be serious and answer an intelligent answer.

We play in Louisiana quite a bit.  Their message board is great.  The discussions they have help us scout the teams we play because they go into detail discussing games. Not stupid remarks and not bashing each other.  Actual discussions and they have people that keep records on the boards, and go out and watch different teams to give opinions. When they give their opinions it may be a little bit of griping but nothing like ours.  And people respond and appreciate the remarks.  Just be great if we can get this to be like theirs.  

I agree with CoachL.  There seems to be a lot of HF fans posting silly comments like HF will make the playoffs this season.  I even saw one poster predict HF would beat Lumberton in the PNG tourney.  These ridiculous posts have to be stopped.  Maybe all soccer related posts should be run through the regular posters for approval before being posted.  We definitely don't want more people talking about soccer in SE Texas.  Let's keep it between us regular soccer posters.

[quote name="DogOne" post="741581" timestamp="1263096131"]
I agree with CoachL.  There seems to be a lot of HF fans posting silly comments like HF will make the playoffs this season.  I even saw one poster predict HF would beat Lumberton in the PNG tourney.  These ridiculous posts have to be stopped.  Maybe all soccer related posts should be run through the regular posters for approval before being posted.  We definitely don't want more people talking about soccer in SE Texas.  Let's keep it between us regular soccer posters.
[/quote]

Congrats for an awesome response!  Keep it up and people will be hating you as much as they hate me!  ;D

I believe we all agree that HF is doing amazing for a team that is relatively new to the league.  I am not thinking that anyone is mad because of predictions and or outcomes..  That is what stirs up conversation, ,It is the pulling for your team and explaining things on why you should win, and what you are basing it on.  I am pretty sure the griping may be  the comments all year about the player from HF that is suppose to be the next world class player if in fact this player exist.  Its the other things that are not really interesting.  In fact when you predict games and have reasons behind it... thats great.  I wouldnt expect HF fans or Lumberton, Vidor , Nederland and any other team not to pick their teams to win.  Go Kelly.  Thats my pick to win

[quote name="watash" post="741795" timestamp="1263157834"]
I realize that content is difficult to censor/control but maybe we could get some administrative help to remove some of the obviously silly, multi page posts that are clearly not serious.
[/quote]

not unless they're breaking forum rules.  the easiest thing to do is to simply ignore those threads if you don't want to read them.  scrolling down i see a few silly threads and a bunch of serious ones.  just pick and choose the ones you read.  at most, you'll only have to view a thread one time to realize whether or not you're interested.

I agree with the goal of this thread.  Some of these sillier posts belong on facebook or myspace.  Its one thing to be enthusiastic about your team or favorite player, but I think the outlandish nature of these posts are not doing any favors for the team/player that they are attempting to promote.  If a player is really all that good, then the opposing coaches and players will pick up on it.  There is no need for any premature promotion.  Meanwhile, there are some really strong players with a long track history that nobody has commented about.  Bottom line: trying to make some person sound like a folk hero raises expectation too high for anyone to meet.  It's not fair to the player or team.  I am not trying to suggest that anyone is trying to do any self promotion, but probably somebody is just having some fun.  But, it has gotten out of hand. 

[quote name="DogOne" post="741581" timestamp="1263096131"]
[/quote]

if you look up your information you would realize that HF did beat lumberton 2-1
with lumberton scoring in the last 40 or 30 seconds of the game.

[quote name="hfhxc10" post="742407" timestamp="1263260400"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=64565.msg742388#msg742388 date=1263257170]
it doesn't take intelligence to use sarcasm, but occassionally it takes a little to understand it :)
[/quote]

lol i get it now.
oh and btw, you are the soccer fourum moderator, correct?
ive just always wondered that
[/quote]

glad you got it  ;D  just playing, by the way.  and as for being the "soccer moderator", there aren't official moderators for the different sports.  i can moderate in any forum on the board.  i'm just on here a lot because i've been playing since i was four, and i love the game. 

Now ya see here once this downtrotten world has been flooded with the bodies of those who only want the gray and bland ways of life sticking to the roofs of everyones mouth, what will be the point of waking up anymore? what will go next huh? chillie dogs? puppies? subway? the point that i am tryin to get across to ya is that if we just let ourself become up tight and keep it tight for so long, we'll end up like an overused slinky and snap, WWHHAAMMMYY that would be bad. i mean keep the colors comin boys and the beacon will remain sweet and sour until the day is done. Arivaderchi Men!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder