penn could be best in world

Guest baseball25

I didn't get to see the fight (past by bedtime) but from what I read Penn handled him pretty well. I know Diego's a fighter but I really haven't been super impressed with his recent fights. I did get to see a couple of the earlier fights, I thought Clay would have fought Floren better than he did.

It does appear Penn is taking it more serious than he has in the past and he may be at his best. I don't know if this win would earn him #1 PFP. There's still Silva, GSP and that other big guy, I hate to mention his name because it usually ends up with 20 post debate.

BJ dominated that entire fight. He is not the best pound for pound guy IMO, but he's in the top 5 for sure.

Diego looked like he did not what to do. He could not take him down and BJ was way faster than he expected with the hands. I agree with BJ, I think now we should all stop using he "cardio" slam against him. He has gone the distance or at least the 4th round in his last three title defenses and won handily against three good guys in Sherk, Florian and now Sanchez.

Guest baseball25
Yeah he did but it was at 170 pounds, penn fights at 155 thats his normal fight weight, its tough to put that much weight on and then step in the ring with GSP

[quote name="baseball25" post="730421" timestamp="1260828968"]
Yeah he did but it was at 170 pounds, penn fights at 155 thats his normal fight weight, its tough to put that much weight on and then step in the ring with GSP
[/quote]

i would venture to say its tough at any weight to step in the ring with gsp....  ;) ;D

Guest baseball25
Why can't you blame it on the weight lol when he fights at 170 he's not the same fighter at 155 he's slower and out of shape at 170 seems like it takes a toll on him in my opinion

Guest baseball25
He dominated faber florian is the 2nd best fighter in the divison and look what penn did dana already said penn has one more fight and then he would let penn move up to 170 but has to fight a contender before he fights gsp again

I agree with baseball, I think that Penn is too good for his class and needs to move up. I mean he cuts weight to hit 155, not much but he does cut. He has had success earlier at 170, I also agree about wanting to see Faber fight in the UFC, but he is not even the LW champ in the WEC so that won't probably happen any time soon.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder