UIL and Nike

Guest GCMPats

Guest GCMPats
[size=14pt]UIL joins Nike in apparel deal for Texas schools[/size]

Associated Press
Dec. 9, 2009, 12:23PM

The University Interscholastic League is entering a deal to make Nike the official brand for the governing body of public high school sports in Texas.

The UIL has about 1,300 member schools. UIL Chief of Staff Kim Rogers said Wednesday the contract doesn't require schools to use Nike products, but does offer discounts on uniforms, apparel and footwear.

The league says it's the first such contract for Nike with a statewide high school organization.

Rogers says the contract was put out for public bid several months ago.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="727026" timestamp="1260384166"]
[size=14pt]UIL joins Nike in apparel deal for Texas schools[/size]

Associated Press
Dec. 9, 2009, 12:23PM

The University Interscholastic League is entering a deal to make Nike the official brand for the governing body of public high school sports in Texas.

The UIL has about 1,300 member schools. UIL Chief of Staff Kim Rogers said Wednesday the contract doesn't require schools to use Nike products, but does offer discounts on uniforms, apparel and footwear.

The league says it's the first such contract for Nike with a statewide high school organization.

Rogers says the contract was put out for public bid several months ago.

[/quote]

The UIL to TASO and Nike...SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

[quote name="MrUmp1" post="727169" timestamp="1260393532"]
Would someone please explain to me the definition of non profit organization. That is what the UIL says it is.
[/quote]

I have to admit that some of this stuff lately seems like some really shady stuff....and stuff aint the word I wanted to use.

[quote name="rollinac" post="727174" timestamp="1260393860"]
[quote author=MrUmp1 link=topic=63576.msg727169#msg727169 date=1260393532]
Would someone please explain to me the definition of non profit organization. That is what the UIL says it is.
[/quote]

I have to admit that some of this stuff lately seems like some really shady stuff....and stuff aint the word I wanted to use.
[/quote]

Be careful Burro...there are agents of destruction from the UIL in our midst...both from the area around Liberty and the "Wooded Enemy".  They are helping compile an enemies list, where you will be stopped and strip searched at every UIL event at your school...be vewy vewy qwiet.....

[/quote]

A nonprofit organization is one that gets money by any means possible (fees, sales, donations, government, or whatever) but does not pay dividends. The money is hoarded and used to pay inflated salaries, perks, and administrative expenses (so called business expenses designed to subsidize the lifestyle of the overpaid administrators), etc. All while claiming to be in it for altruistic purposes that makes them superior in being to those who actually admit to being in business to make a profit.

[/quote]

Whereas "for-profit" organizations exist to earn and re-distribute taxable wealth to employees and shareholders, the nonprofit corporation exists solely to provide programs and services that are of self-benefit. Often these programs, services and policies are overlooked and not otherwise executed or enforced by the government. [b]While they are able to earn a surplus, more accurately called a profit, such earnings must be retained by the organization for its self-preservation, expansion and future plans.[/b] Earnings may not benefit individuals or stake-holders.[3] Nonprofit organizations may put substantial funds into hiring and rewarding their internal corporate leadership, middle-management personnel and workers.

The bold says it all!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="rollinac" post="727174" timestamp="1260393860"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What...they are not going to make you wear Nike. ;) It's all about the children.

Guest ECBucFan
And I was ridiculed when I spoke about the UIL placing money above the interests of TX HS sports. Money is the common denominator in seemingly every UIL policy change. Maybe the average HS sports fan will eventually wise up to whats continues to go on.     

[quote name="GCMPats" post="727205" timestamp="1260396133"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63576.msg727174#msg727174 date=1260393860]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What...they are not going to make you wear Nike. ;) It's all about the children.
[/quote]

Heck I have to ask for financing options just to buy a pair of Nike shoes.....

Guest pirates
[quote name="elhector1" post="727177" timestamp="1260394123"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=63576.msg727174#msg727174 date=1260393860]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Be careful Burro...there are agents of destruction from the UIL in our midst...both from the area around Liberty and the "Wooded Enemy".  They are helping compile an enemies list, where you will be stopped and strip searched at every UIL event at your school...be vewy vewy qwiet.....
[/quote]

That's funny  :D

Guest shake and bake
Here is the main problem I have with this. If schools do not support LOCAL businesses that have sold them stuff for years and buy off of the UIL program then who is going to support all those kids who sell fundraisers, year book ads, signs for FB,SB,BB fields and all the other stuff that we support. The small businesses are ALWAYS the 1st asked to buy anything sold by the schools and we hear all the time . I can always find what my kids need for sports from the local place that I shop in Orange and if I have a problem I can get it fixed by talking to a real person and not somebody over the phone. UIL is wrong again with this decision.

Been working on a story for couple of days about this entire deal, and well if I have to file one more stinking open records act I am going to scream, lol! Anyway this entire thing is funky, but I am not so certain its something provable with a finger pointed at one person or not, but UIL needs to be wripped from UTs clutches man!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder