Where is 19-4a all district

BHBadboy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="friogal" post="726481" timestamp="1260303482"]
So I keep seeing bits and peices of this, but where is the entire list? Am I missing something?
Anyone?
[/quote]

I expect the entire list will be available in the Baytown Sun on Wednesday. The GCM players were notified at their Fall Sports Banquet last night.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="726482" timestamp="1260303826"]
[quote author=friogal link=topic=63472.msg726481#msg726481 date=1260303482]
So I keep seeing bits and peices of this, but where is the entire list? Am I missing something?
Anyone?
[/quote]

I expect the entire list will be available in the Baytown Sun on Wednesday. The GCM players were notified at their Fall Sports Banquet last night.
[/quote]

Cool. Thanks!

[quote name="dayton" post="726474" timestamp="1260303027"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=63472.msg726453#msg726453 date=1260301703]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=63472.msg726394#msg726394 date=1260296232]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=63472.msg726382#msg726382 date=1260295625]
[quote author=knh09 link=topic=63472.msg726373#msg726373 date=1260295053]
[quote author=jiggs link=topic=63472.msg726263#msg726263 date=1260286387]
Crosby should have the offensive and defensive MVP for the district and you know the names.
[/quote]
Tony Hill Defensive MVP-Dayton
Aaron Jenkins 1st team DE
Darrian Wright 1st team DT
Dayton D-Line went 3 for 3 in all District
GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Crosby the [b][size=16pt]Undefeated District Champs [/size] [/b] gets none of the supers!!!!!! this is crazy!!!!!  And Dayton to get most of the supers, get smoked by the first place team, and Crosby lost a close game in the 3rd round to [b]a team which smoked Dayton [/b] and is the Region Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[size=18pt]CRAZY!!!!!![/size]

[size=18pt]NO RESPECT!!!![/size]
[/quote]

Dayton never played Dawson.... get your facts straight before you fly off the handle.

[/quote]sorry got carried away and gave you too much credit........ what I ment to say is A TEAM WHICH SMOKED THE TEAM (FRIENDSWOOD) THAT BEAT DAYTON!!!!!
[/quote]

right.... and Friendswood manhandled them earlier in the year..... do a little research brotha. ;D
[/quote]research this BROTHA:  [size=18pt]19 4A DISTRICT CHAMPS[/size] and also this [size=18pt]28 - 0!!!!!!!![/size]
DOES THAT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS?????? TO SAY YOU WERE BETTER IS OBSERED!!!!!  OUR BOYS GOT THE SHAFT!!!!!  PERIOD!!!!!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="friogal" post="726493" timestamp="1260304846"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63472.msg726482#msg726482 date=1260303826]
[quote author=friogal link=topic=63472.msg726481#msg726481 date=1260303482]
Anyone?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cool. Thanks!
[/quote]

Coaches have the list (have had it for some time now). They could have notified their players on Monday is they so chose. I know BH and GCM had their banquets last night so that's why it seems like we have some sort of "scoop".

Great job Crosby. You won the district with less talent than any playoff team in the district. I thought they had two or three great players. I konow 24/27/12/ 8/51 were good. ??? ??? Our fans are really going to think we have D-1 talent now. ???

[quote name="hitman009" post="726453" timestamp="1260301703"]
Crosby should have the offensive and defensive MVP for the district and you know the names.
[/quote]
[/quote]WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Crosby the [b][size=16pt]Undefeated District Champs [/size] [/b] gets none of the supers!!!!!! this is crazy!!!!!  And Dayton to get most of the supers, get smoked by the first place team, and Crosby lost a close game in the 3rd round to [b]a team which smoked Dayton [/b] and is the Region Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Dayton never played Dawson.... get your facts straight before you fly off the handle.

[/quote]sorry got carried away and gave you too much credit........ what I ment to say is A TEAM WHICH SMOKED THE TEAM (FRIENDSWOOD) THAT BEAT DAYTON!!!!!
[/quote]

WARNING: Really, really off topic........would you say Crosby was the same team that played Dawson as it was when you played your pre-district games with Ennis or PNG?  Think about that before you answer.....  ::)

Carry on.....

here is my answer as stated before bronco fan:
[size=18pt][b]Undefeated District Champs [/b] [/size]

[size=18pt][b]28 - 0[/b][/size]

I bet Dayton's QB/RB get MVP even though he missed a game and was shout out by Crosby!!
Even in college the Hisman trophy candidates are left out because of one game!!!!!
By the way who was the leading points leader in 19 4A???????????
I believe it was Evens from Crosby.......... Lets see what he gets??????

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hitman009" post="726543" timestamp="1260309296"]
[size=18pt][b] [size=16pt]2009[/size] Undefeated District Champs [/b] [/size]
[/quote]

And your point is......

Now, answer the lady's question please.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="726544" timestamp="1260309466"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=63472.msg726543#msg726543 date=1260309296]
[/quote]

And your point is......

[/quote]Simple..... Crosby was the better team and got screwed on the district picks.. that is the title here. 19 4A all districts........
From what the all districts say, you shoud fire evey coach because apparently, you have the best and still could beat Crosby..........................Esp GCM.............18 of 22 positions were all district!!!!!!!!!!!
COME ON!!!!!!!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hitman009" post="726545" timestamp="1260310039"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=63472.msg726544#msg726544 date=1260309466]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=63472.msg726543#msg726543 date=1260309296]
[/quote]

And your point is......

[/quote]Simple..... Crosby was the better team and got screwed on the district picks.. that is the title here. 19 4A all districts........
From what the all districts say, you shoud fire evey coach because apparently, you have the best and still could beat Crosby..........................Esp GCM.............18 of 22 positions were all district!!!!!!!!!!!
COME ON!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

18 of 22. Now that's some voodoo economics! 5 (FIVE) first team all-district players from GCM. That's all.

The others are 2nd team or Honorable Mention. All it takes to be Honorable Mention is to be nominated and have 1 other coach vote for you. Does that demean the recognition. Heck no! Your problem is not going to be with GCM. Two Words: North Forrest. We'll talk more when the final list is released.

18 of 22 starters of GCM players. 5 first, 5 second and 8 hon. They are still considered all district!!
to be nominated a coach has to put you up. I know that. why would a coach put up that many? does he really think they are all worthy of being all district?
the problem is with the system... Coaches are allowed to put up who ever. I know a coach is supposed to fight for his kids but their has to be a limit. the coaches need to come together and set up rules which only allows you to so many!!!!!
And I believe you are right, North Forest had something to do with this......
Lets see how many they have being the last place team!!

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="hitman009" post="726556" timestamp="1260311388"]
18 of 22 starters of GCM players. 5 first, 5 second and 8 hon. They are still considered all district!!
to be nominated a coach has to put you up. I know that. why would a coach put up that many? does he really think they are all worthy of being all district?
the problem is with the system... Coaches are allowed to put up who ever. I know a coach is supposed to fight for his kids but their has to be a limit. the coaches need to come together and set up rules which only allows you to so many!!!!!
And I believe you are right, North Forest had something to do with this......
Lets see how many they have being the last place team!!
[/quote]

Come on now! I would be disappointed if Coach Boyd did not believe he had the best players in the district. Regardless of his teams record. (Which, by the way, was very impressive this year. Second year program, 7-4 with losses to Dawson, Dayton, Crosby, and Central. Not too shabby.)

The system needs to be changed to some sort of sliding scale. With more emphasis being given to the district champ and so forth.

[quote name="hitman009" post="726497" timestamp="1260305054"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=63472.msg726474#msg726474 date=1260303027]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=63472.msg726453#msg726453 date=1260301703]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

right.... and Friendswood manhandled them earlier in the year..... do a little research brotha. ;D
[/quote]research this BROTHA:  [size=18pt]19 4A DISTRICT CHAMPS[/size] and also this [size=18pt]28 - 0!!!!!!!![/size]
DOES THAT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS?????? TO SAY YOU WERE BETTER IS OBSERED!!!!!  OUR BOYS GOT THE SHAFT!!!!!  PERIOD!!!!!!

[/quote]

That response shows you ignorance and nothing else..... I didn't say dayton was better. I simply made a point that your logic holds no water. As I've said before... Congrats to Crosby on a great season.

absurd is the spelling you were looking for.

And check it out.... I didn't even have to yell to respond.

Why don't we wait until the entire list comes out before everyone speculates that Crosby got the shaft. I believe we will get our share. I can think of 4 or 5 that should make 1st team out of the 22 chosen. (No I didn't go back and count what's already been posted). If the posts are true, I'd be a little disappointed if Viverette was the MVP. I saw him two games and I thought he was a heck of a ball player and put up good numbers, but I wouldn't have chosen him over Merka or Ploch. Just my opinion. I'm partial of course to Merka, because I saw him on several occasions with just pure determination make things happen. No he didn't have as big of numbers as Vivarrette, but I believe there's more than just numbers. Plus you would think the MVP would have gone to one of the top two teams in the district, as some have stated. Merka, being a junior, probably wouldn't win it over an outgoing senior anyway. Oh and by the way, Dayton wasn't the Superbowl? I've said it once and I'll say it again, it's a credit to Dayton's program that there was some celebrating going on after that game. Plus a little incentive for Franks jumping ship.

Dayton’s Ploch named District 19-4A’s MVP
From sports staff reports
Baytown Sun
Published December 9, 2009
Quick: Name Payton Ploch’s position for Dayton’s Class 4A quarterfinal playoff team.

Quarterback? Wide receiver? Running back? Punter? Kick returner? He played them all in leading his team to an 11-3 finish.

District 19-4A head coaches made the easy call, naming the Bronco senior the overall Most Valuable Player on the All-District football team for 2009.

A Crosby coaching staff headed by Kevin Flanigan was named Coaching Staff of the Year for guiding the Cougars to an outright 19-4A championship, a 10-game win streak and a 10-3 record.

Others earning superlatives on the all-district team included Barbers Hill senior quarterback Matthew Viverette Offensive MVP, Dayton senior nose tackle Tony Hill Defensive MVP, C.E. King senior Patrick Johnson Special Teams MVP and splitting the Newcomer of the Year title between Crosby sophomore defensive back Donovan Starks and Galena Park sophomore Tyrone Taylor.

Crosby and Dayton each had five players picked to the all-district first team while Goose Creek Memorial had five first-team picks and Barbers Hill four.

Representing Crosby on the first team is offensive lineman James White, receiver Paul Erwin, running back JaKacy Evans, quarterback Dominic Merka, defensive end Ryan Harris, linebacker Dylan Judy and cornerback Cameron Trench.

All but Merka, a junior, are seniors.

Second-team picks for Crosby are center Cooper Hall, offensive lineman Justin Walker, receiver Kelvin Holmes, linebacker Zane Harber and defensive back M.J. Mathis. Walker and Harber are juniors, the others seniors.

First-team picks for Dayton were offensive linemen Chance McCormack and Aaron Ripkowski, defensive linemen Darrian Wright, defensive end Aaron Jenkins, linebacker Jordan Baxter, safety Evan Brown, safety Xavier Baldwin and cornerback Colby Cook. Baldwin, Wright and Ripkowski are juniors, the others seniors.

Dayton’s second-teamers are offensive lineman Robert Edwards, receiver Xavier Frank, receiver Gamal Fowler, kicker Juan Carranco, linebacker Moises Herrera and defensive back Quincy Williams. Carranco is a freshman, Fowler a sophomore and Williams a junior.

Goose Creek Memorial’s first-teamers are all seniors: running back DeMartie Allen, wide receivers Keithen Collins and Pat Wood, linebacker Rashaan Sanders and safety Chance Walmsley.

Second-team Patriots are offensive lineman Ismael Carrasco, receiver Jared St. Julian, quarterback Cody Larson, kicker Price Jacobs and defensive lineman Vince Allen. Allen and Jacobs are juniors, the others seniors.

Barbers Hill linebacker Ryan Reuter was the only sophomore picked to the first-team defense and senior defensive lineman Chris Frazier joined him on that unit from BH. Other Eagle first-teamers were senior center Chris Fechner and senior receiver Carter Smith.

Eagle second-teamers included linebacker Logan McSwain, the only sophomore on the second-team defense, and senior defensive back Ethan Jeffcoat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong again genious.  Payton Ploch through district scored 114 points, Jacacy Evans scored 108.  You are being shot down everywhere you turn.  And for the season they were TIED.  Great job Jacacy.  See it is not that hard to congratulate a player from the other side.  He was a very good runningback.  But no one in District 19-4A did more than Ploch for his team.  Argue that....

"By the way who was the leading points leader in 19 4A???????????
I believe it was Evens from Crosby.......... Lets see what he gets??????
[/quote]

Guest GCMPats
[b]MVP[/b]- Payton Ploch, Dayton, SR
[b]Offensive MVP[/b]- Matthew Viverette, BH, SR
[b]Defensive MVP[/b]- Tony Hill, Dayton, SR
[b]Special Teams MVP[/b]- Patrick Johnson, CEK, SR
[b]Newcomers of the Year[/b]- Tyrone Taylor, GP, SOPH
                                  Donnie Starks, Crosby, SOPH
[b]Coaching Staff of the Year[/b]- Crosby, Kevin Flanigan Head Coach

[u][b]First Team Offense[/b][/u]

C: Chris Fechner, BH, SR
OL: James White, Crosby, SR
OL: Chance McCormack, Dayton, SR
OL: Aaron Ripkowski, Dayton, JR
OL: Logan Wilkerson, KP, SOPH
TE/FB: Paul Erwin, Crosby, SR
RB: Kendrick Domino, CEK, SR
RB: DeMartie Allen, GCM, SR
RB: JaKacey Evans, Crosby, SR
RB: Adrian Quintero, KP, SR
WR: Carter Smith, BH, SR
WR: Lamont Green, GP, JR
WR: Keithen Collins, GCM, SR
WR: Pat Wood, GCM, SR
QB: Dominic Merka, Crosby, JR
K/P: Kyle Trimm, KP, SR

[u][b]First Team Defense[/b][/u]

L: Darrian Wright, Dayton, JR
L: Creg Evans, GP, SR
L: Leon Starr, NF, SR
L: Chris Frazier, BH, SR
DE: Ryan Harris, Crosby, SR
DE: Aaron Jenkins, Dayton, SR
LB: Ryan Reuter, BH, SOPH
LB: Dylan Judy, Crosby, SR
LB: Jordan Baxter, Dayton, SR
LB: Evan Brown, Dayton, SR
LB: Rashaan Sanders, GCM, SR
LB: Cameron Trench, Crosby, SR
DB: Xavier Baldwin, Dayton, JR
DB: Chance Whamsley, GCM, SR
DB: Colby Cook, Dayton, SR
DB: Curtis Craft, GP, JR
DB: Brett Parker, KP, SR
DB: Delvin Jackson, NF, SR

Guest GCMPats
[u][b]Second Team Offense[/b][/u]

C: Cooper Hall, Crosby, SR
OL: DeAngelo Balca, CEK, JR
OL: Justin Walker, Crosby, JR
OL: Ismael Carrasco, GCM, SR
OL: Robert Edwards, Dayton, SR
TE/FB: Matt Camp, KP, SR
RB: Titus Brown, NF, SR
WR: Xavier Frank, Dayton, SR
WR: Kevin Holmes, Crosby, SR
WR: Gamal Fowler, Dayton, SOPH
WR: Jared St Julian, GCM, SR
QB: Cody Larson, GCM, SR
K: Juan Carranco, Dayton, FRESH
K: Price Jacobs, GCM, JR

[u][b]Second Team Defense[/b][/u]

DL: Devon Rodriguez, KP, SR
DL: Keldrick Crawford, NF, SR
DL: Vince Allen, GCM, JR
DL: Lee Carter, NF, SR
DE: Ragan Robicheaux, KP, JR
DE: Demonte Ross, CEK, SR
LB: Desmond Smith, GP, SR
LB: Logan McSwain, BH, SOPH
LB: Zane Harber, Crosby, JR
LB: Moises Herrera, Dayton, SR
LB: Sherman Moton, CEK, JR
DB: Quincy Williams, Dayton, JR
DB: M J Mathis, Crosby, SR
DB: James Gilbert, GP, JR
DB: Ethan Jeffcoat, BH, SR
P: Deondre Waller, CEK, SR

[quote name="SETEXFan" post="726847" timestamp="1260361369"]
Wrong again genious.  Payton Ploch through district scored 114 points, Jacacy Evans scored 108.  You are being shot down everywhere you turn.  And for the season they were TIED.  Great job Jacacy.  See it is not that hard to congratulate a player from the other side.  He was a very good runningback.  But no one in District 19-4A did more than Ploch for his team.  Argue that....

[/quote]He did not do much for his team against Crosby,  and BH.............. Merka did every week..............
So he gets MVP missing almost 1/3 of the district games..............WOW!!!!
I not saying he is a great player.......He is, and I wish him all the best things in the world,
But I would have given him O MVP and Merka MVP.....................
the fact is Crosby gets none of the supers being District Champs....

[quote name="hitman009" post="726918" timestamp="1260371565"]
[quote author=SETEXFan link=topic=63472.msg726847#msg726847 date=1260361369]

[/quote]He did not do much for his team against Crosby,  and BH.............. Merka did every week..............
So he gets MVP missing almost 1/3 of the district games..............WOW!!!!
I not saying he is a great player.......He is, and I wish him all the best things in the world,
But I would have given him O MVP and Merka MVP.....................
[/quote]

You know that the coaches vote on these players right? Crosby got alot of credit for what they did this season. Don't deminish it. Congrats to Crosby on their season and they have some fine athletes, not to mention a good coach. By the way his peers vote for that too.

[quote name="hitman009" post="726918" timestamp="1260371565"]

He did not do much for his team against Crosby,  and BH.............. Merka did every week..............
So he gets MVP missing [b]almost 1/3[/b] of the district games..............WOW!!!!
But I would have given him [b]O MVP and Merka MVP[/b].....................
[/quote]

I guess 1/7 is almost a 1/3... he really only missed the BH game.. I wouldn't consider the Crosby game a miss.

I agree with the 2nd part.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder