Sports Illustrated article on next top state of Texas QB

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1163423/index.htm

Connor Wood, Second Baptist High (Houston), 6'4", 209 lbs. Committed to: Texas

Red River rivals Texas and Oklahoma battled over the state's top QB prospect, who is rifle-armed, country-strong and mobile.

Zach Lee, McKinney High, 6'4", 195 Committed to: LSU

A top pitching prospect with a 92-mph fastball, Lee is a drop-back passer who started for three years in the Lions' shotgun spread.

Scotty Young, Ryan High (Denton), 6'3", 185 Committed to: Texas Tech

In a system similar to the one Mike Leach uses at Tech, Young has passed for 8,655 yards and 125 touchdowns in 26 games over the past two seasons.

James Franklin, Lake Dallas High (Corinth), 6'2", 218 Committed to: Missouri

The dual-threat quarterback has passed for 2,000 yards and rushed for 1,000 in each of the past two seasons.

[b]Jeremy Johnson, Silsbee High, 6'2", 182 Committed to: West Virginia

The Mountaineers may have the next Pat White in Johnson, who runs a 4.5 40 and is one of the top pure athletes in the 2010 class.[/b]

[quote name="scooter!" post="724014" timestamp="1259990786"]
the most highly recruited QB to come out of SETX? I cant think of another one other than Chip from WB and JB from Brook also
[/quote]

Todd Dodge wasn't a bad one. ;)

Even though Jeremy has verbally committed to West Virginia, he is still getting hounded by the likes of TCU, Baylor, Arkansas, Michigan and others to come play quarterback for them.

It's my understanding that West Virginia will put JJ to the test, immediately! Don't be surprised with no redshirt year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="723844" timestamp="1259968096"]
[b]Jeremy Johnson, Silsbee High, 6'2", 182 Committed to: West Virginia

The Mountaineers may have the next Pat White in Johnson, who runs a 4.5 40 and is one of the top pure athletes in the 2010 class.[/b][/quote]

The Pat White comparison is exactly what I've thought of this guy all along.  Granted, they don't exactly run the same scheme at WV as they did under their former HC (now at Michigan), but I expect they will give him plenty of opportunity to perform with his legs as much as his passing.  The Big East is about to get a taste of Texas football. 

I'd love to see him switch to TCU, but I don't expect it.  Either way, he'll be fun to watch. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="724052" timestamp="1260024247"]
[quote author=scooter! link=topic=63380.msg724014#msg724014 date=1259990786]
the most highly recruited QB to come out of SETX? I cant think of another one other than Chip from WB and JB from Brook also
[/quote]

Todd Dodge wasn't a bad one. ;)

Even though Jeremy has verbally committed to West Virginia, he is still getting hounded by the likes of TCU, Baylor, Arkansas, Michigan and others to come play quarterback for them.

It's my understanding that West Virginia will put JJ to the test, immediately! Don't be surprised with no redshirt year.
[/quote]brain fart, i forgot about Stump and Dodge  :D

I visited with WV's qb coach most of the night at the Navasota game.  He told me he'd love to be able to redshirt JJ to "thicken" him up but he'd probably get a shot next year.  They currently have just one freshman ahead of JJ.  JJ is the only Texas recruit and would be only Texas player on the team according to him. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder