LU vs Ohio....LU Falls

Guest coachacola

Guest coachacola
I guess nobody wants to make a prediction?  Kendrick Harris comes out of his slump and scores 20+ points and LU wins 79-75.  (I know, it won't happen.)

[quote name="LUFAN" post="716452" timestamp="1259015961"]
LU Wins by 5... We have the Bobcats number.
[/quote]

I wish, I remember this game was a tough one for the cards last year, and Worrell and Brown played big for us.  We don't have a big presence down low, except for the 6-4 Charlie Harper who has been a rebounding machine.

Hopefully we can get the road win tonight.

We need to learn how to play together for more than 3 minutes at a time, and obviously we just have to get better overall. I'm not giving up on this team yet, there is a lot of season left.

What's the deal with LU basketball?  I thought Roc was supposed to be a great recruiter.  Where are the great recruits?  Did he go after those two guys from PA Memorial?  Absolutely no buzz around the basketball program anymore.  Is Roc the right man for the job?  Does he just need more time?  What's yall's opinion? 

I believe Roc is a good recruiter but getting a great recruit to come to a lower tier D1 program is very difficult.  I think that Roc is still a very inexperienced head coach and it shows.  The question for LU fans is are we willing to wait to see how he grows as a coach?  Did not have a chance to listen to last nights game but I think it should be a rare occassion that a coach gets a "T".

[quote name="geezer" post="716770" timestamp="1259062743"]
I believe Roc is a good recruiter but getting a great recruit to come to a lower tier D1 program is very difficult.  I think that Roc is still a very inexperienced head coach and it shows.  The question for LU fans is are we willing to wait to see how he grows as a coach?  Did not have a chance to listen to last nights game but I think it should be a rare occassion that a coach gets a "T".
[/quote] Look, here is a preview of the ending season speech from the staff: " Look at our graduation rate among our players...."

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="716818" timestamp="1259071820"]
[quote author=geezer link=topic=62894.msg716770#msg716770 date=1259062743]
[/quote] Look, here is a preview of the ending season speech from the staff:[i][b] " Look at our graduation rate among our players...."[/b][/i]
[/quote]

That number is way down also!!!!!

Guest coachacola
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="716814" timestamp="1259071377"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=62894.msg716718#msg716718 date=1259039182]
No the team is young and just not very good!!!!!
[/quote] The truth is setting you free. ;)
[/quote]

I think most of us were expecting a rough start to the season, especially since the team's most experienced players were either freshmen last year (Harper, Miles), haven't played in over a year due to injuries (Nwevo, Nabors), or playing at all (Hall).

The JUCO guards have been disappointing.  They should make an impact right away or don't sign them and get freshmen instead.  The silver lining in all this is that the SLC is worse than normal this year so there's a good chance they'll win a lot of conference  games.

[quote name="coachacola" post="716847" timestamp="1259075758"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=62894.msg716814#msg716814 date=1259071377]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=62894.msg716718#msg716718 date=1259039182]
No the team is young and just not very good!!!!!
[/quote] The truth is setting you free. ;)
[/quote]

I think most of us were expecting a rough start to the season, especially since the team's most experienced players were either freshmen last year (Harper, Miles), haven't played in over a year due to injuries (Nwevo, Nabors), or playing at all (Hall).

The JUCO guards have been disappointing.  They should make an impact right away or don't sign them and get freshmen instead.  The silver lining in all this is that the SLC is worse than normal this year so there's a good chance they'll win a lot of conference  games.
[/quote]I hope they win SLC, if not it's going to be a long season and the beginning of a longer post season analysis.

I sure hope that the season ends up like 2 years ago... We played well in the beginning of the games and blew it at the end.... We got better and won a share of the conference championship... Hopefully we start getting better... shooting 25% is not gonna cut it.   

Here are some things that really piss me off about this team...
1) Custer is still a wimp with the ball. Everytime he gets the ball he loses it... And  he still takes the ball to the hoop like a 12 year old girl... GROW A PAIR BUDDY
2) Roc needs to cut it out on the technical fouls... getting a bit ridiculous... (You are not Bobby Knight or Tark the Shark! thats for you UNLV)
3) Nabors poor shot selection.
4) ALL THE INJURIES for the PAST 2 Years... Roc needs to make a change we are losing people like flies....

[quote name="LUFAN" post="716857" timestamp="1259076929"]
I sure hope that the season ends up like 2 years ago... We played well in the beginning of the games and blew it at the end.... We got better and won a share of the conference championship... Hopefully we start getting better... shooting 25% is not gonna cut it.   

1) Custer is still a wimp with the ball. Everytime he gets the ball he loses it... And  he still takes the ball to the hoop like a 12 year old girl... GROW A PAIR BUDDY
2) Roc needs to cut it out on the technical fouls... getting a bit ridiculous... (You are not Bobby Knight or Tark the Shark! thats for you UNLV)
4) ALL THE INJURIES for the PAST 2 Years... Roc needs to make a change we are losing people like flies....

[/quote]Anyone know if the team employs a trainer for strength conditioning? If not, maybe they should put a position in the budget.

If you are going to get your butt kicked with Nwevo and Custer, you might as well put them at the end of the bench and play Brown and Wesley.  The freshmen are certainly more athletic and quicker than Nwevo and Custer and aren't going to learn a lot sitting on the bench while Roc embarks on this ill advised NBA type schedule for college kids.

So far the juco guards have been terribly disappointing.  Harris and Mathis were billed as immediate difference makers and that hasn't been the case.  However, I must say I like the true freshmen Donley Minor.  He will be good for the program if Roc can manage to keep him around.  I don't know the status of EB Davis.  I assume he is injured. 

After seeing the two home games and listening to the others, I'm more concerned than ever about this team's outlook.  I know most believe Roc has at least another year due to the young roster, but this season may be so bad that the fuse is shortened.

I hope I am wrong.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="716880" timestamp="1259079906"]
[quote author=LUFAN link=topic=62894.msg716857#msg716857 date=1259076929]

[/quote]Anyone know if the team employs a trainer for strength conditioning? If not, maybe they should put a position in the budget.
[/quote]

Dan Kroesch does, or used to the past few seasons. I thought he did a pretty good job also.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hthnkroor
    Newest Member
    hthnkroor