*Evadale vs. Mart Playoff Updates...Mart Advances!!/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="checkmate" post="713806" timestamp="1258776672"]
They did not kick a field goal..were ahead 53-7 and scored a TD and xtra point making it 60-7.
[/quote]

Thanks, I got my numbers mixed up. I work with a man from Evadale. He knew they were in for it, but not this bad.

Guest checkmate
Np baddog..thanks for all you do..the Rebs have nothing to be ashamed about..they had a great season..even though I was called many names and constantly put down for expressing my opinion...I will say that to the Evadale faithful. Believe it or not I was hoping they would prove me wrong tonight. But they have to understand that the Lovelady's the Tenaha's the Alto's and the Marts' and really the best teams in the state in 1A. Evadale is the best 1A team in SETX..but they play in a weak district. Once again HATS OFF to the Rebs for going 10-1 this season..keep your heads up and good luck next year.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="713836" timestamp="1258777143"]
So much for that Reb defense !!
[/quote]

After looking at the Lovelady/H.D forum, I didn't notice anyone from Evadale saying anything bad about the Bobcats.  Yet here you are bashing them after they get beat by a good team.  Why do that, when everyone in the district was supporting one another in the playoffs.  In fact alot of the Evadale post were in support of the Bobcats.  Same song from you as usual.  But on the other hand congrats Evadale on a great season and on your 2nd DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP.

I will say this...... the Evadale coaches and kids are a class act all the way......... I wish you the best in all the remaining sports this year and your return of a very young team next year.......  Remember you do not get to pick  your district so control all you can control which is win them all every year and give your best in the playoffs.....

I also hope #33 is feeling better and will be alright with the neck injury !

congrats on your season......

[quote name="1880" post="714029" timestamp="1258780501"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62728.msg713836#msg713836 date=1258777143]
[/quote]

After looking at the Lovelady/H.D forum, I didn't notice anyone from Evadale saying anything bad about the Bobcats.  Yet here you are bashing them after they get beat by a good team.  Why do that, when everyone in the district was supporting one another in the playoffs.  In fact alot of the Evadale post were in support of the Bobcats.  Same song from you as usual.  But on the other hand congrats Evadale on a great season and on your 2nd DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP.
[/quote]

He can't help it!!!!

[quote name="checkmate" post="713904" timestamp="1258778080"]
Np baddog..[b]thanks for all you do[/b]..the Rebs have nothing to be ashamed about..they had a great season..even though I was called many names and constantly put down for expressing my opinion...I will say that to the Evadale faithful. Believe it or not I was hoping they would prove me wrong tonight. But they have to understand that the Lovelady's the Tenaha's the Alto's and the Marts' and really the best teams in the state in 1A. Evadale is the best 1A team in SETX..but they play in a weak district. Once again HATS OFF to the Rebs for going 10-1 this season..keep your heads up and good luck next year.
[/quote]

Not sure about the ''all you do'' comment, but OK. :D The Evadale man I work with, when I asked him who they had next and he said Mart, I said' ''Uh Oh''. He smiled and said, ''They're good, they'll probably stomp our butts''. But I don't believe even he thought this bad.

I know Mart was 2A because you beat East Chambers (was it two years in a row?) a couple years back. When did you drop to 1A, last realignment?

Yeah...that was kinda an uncalled for commit (about the Rebel defense).  The district had seemed to pull together...oh well, all good things must end, I guess.

Mart was a load, just like we thought.  I DID expect the Rebs to dig in a little more when the fumble was recovered for a TD, but that seemed to take the wind out of their sails.

Congrats on a good season Rebs.  We just have to expect to win at the next level.  Good thing is, you've won back-to-back district titles and I believe you're in the drivers seat for a 3 peat, you just have to get a mindset that you belong in the post season.

Congrats to Mart....Good luck the rest of the way!!!

[quote name="1880" post="714029" timestamp="1258780501"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=62728.msg713836#msg713836 date=1258777143]
[/quote]

After looking at the Lovelady/H.D forum, I didn't notice anyone from Evadale saying anything bad about the Bobcats.  Yet here you are bashing them after they get beat by a good team.  Why do that, when everyone in the district was supporting one another in the playoffs.  In fact alot of the Evadale post were in support of the Bobcats.  Same song from you as usual.  But on the other hand congrats Evadale on a great season and on your 2nd DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP.
[/quote]

He probably said that, not trying to get anyone mad, but because Evadale won so all their games because of their defense, and they didn't even show up tonight ready to play.

Guest checkmate
I agree HJ...many times when other posters make comments they are mistook by Evadale readers as putting their team and their kids down..when the poster does not intend to do it. Believe me I know. HD meant exactly that..that the Reb defense, the strength of their team, did not play well at all last night. At least that is how I took it.

Rebels hold your heads high!

For the past four years the Rebel football program has progressed. for two years we were the third place team in district and made it into the playoffs. Last year we won the district and went undefeated in our 23A games this year we went 10-0 and won a second district championship. I be one of the first to say it..."Wait till next year!"

To all the seniors you have continued on a growing tradition that will be a memory that you will cherish for the rest of your lives. No one will ever take 10-0 away from you.

I can tell you from being on the sideline that this team has heart. I saw Shelby being wheeled off the field on a streacher and he said, "I need to be on the field!" I heard Chase after getting his bell rung and sustaining what appeared to be a concussion say, "Put me back out there coach!" I watched Tucker go down early and get back in the game after just a couple of plays. I watched Dillion sitting out with a hurt knee and standing with pain in his eyes strap on his helmet and go back on the field. You are not born with heart you develop it every day of your life. At the end of the game I saw Billy, Lane, Eli and others sobbing. Not that they lost the game, but feeling that they had let the seniors and the team down.

Mart last year lost the D1 championship. They are the state runner up and have a long tradition of top level championship football. The Panthers knew they were in a game from start to finish. The Rebels hit them and pushed to the very end. I thought both teams played hard and with class.

The Rebels will be back in 2010. They will have a great opportunity to play teams where they will be the bigger school. The Rebels have Every offensive and defensive lineman returning. They have 3 of 4 lie backers returning with three back ups that saw action last night. The quarterback and three of four running backs will be back and 1 of the four DB's is back. The JV had another great year with plenty of games and playing time and also plenty of wins.

The goals have increased from year to year and with the realignment and divisional separation the 2010 Rebels will be a force to be reconded with. I know you are disappointed, but know that ALL of Evadale is proud of you! Thanks for a great season and remember hold your heads high!

[quote name="checkmate" post="714396" timestamp="1258825846"]
I agree HJ...many times when other posters make comments they are mistook by Evadale readers as putting their team and their kids down..when the poster does not intend to do it. Believe me I know. HD meant exactly that..that the Reb defense, the strength of their team, did not play well at all last night. At least that is how I took it.
[/quote]

I'm not from Evadale.  But with 55's track record and with yours (weak district comments) most people just get tired of stupid stuff said on here about our district and the kids who represent it. 

Guest checkmate
This is a medium where people express their ideas and opinions about high school football..if anyone gets upset about what is said here, then they have a more serious problem than anything I can say. If you have noticed, I have said good things about Evadale too..but I do stand by my weak district opinion. Until a team from 23 1A advances past area round...then they are a weak district.

Your weak district comment is fine as long as your including Evadale in with all the other weak teams. They are the strongest in their district, but when they get outside their district they are weak.Mart is not that much bigger than Evadale. Texas football mag has Evadale at 145 and Mart at 184 that's 39 kids not that big a difference.

[quote name="little d" post="714648" timestamp="1258839270"]
Your weak district comment is fine as long as your including Evadale in with all the other weak teams. They are the strongest in their district, but when they get outside their district they are weak.Mart is not that much bigger than Evadale. Texas football mag has Evadale at 145 and Mart at 184 that's 39 kids not that big a difference.
[/quote]

39 students can make a difference if you don't think so then just look at what is coming with the D1 D2 district alignments next season. Size does make a difference and soon you will see that every classification has D1 and D2 districts. I won't take anything from Mart who has an outstanding team, but in 2010 and beyond Evadale won't play the two other teams from 23A in district and could not face any of the three teams from 22A as they will all be in the larger school division if their numbers hold and the cut off is 150 +or -.

Checkmate i apologized on the comment but our kids went to the game
not expecting to win because off what people say and that's not your fault
but as for as the weekest district i think you don't have the facts to back
that statement  and just because we lost to mart don't make that so I'd stick my neck out and say
mart is probably in the top three teams in the state  as for hd55, you talk allot of sh** for someone that we beat two years in a row
i like your team its your comments that make everyone hate the bobcats

Your comments are true and I for one think it is about time 1a got the D1 and D2 districts. Even with the knew districts there will still be mis matches. Evadale will still have better than a 2 to 1 advantage over at least one school in their own district if they stay in the small school district. So to me 39 wasn't that great of a number.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder