*Evadale vs. Mart Playoff Updates...Mart Advances!!/Comments*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't like the D1, D2 idea.  I guess we would go small in 2A for sure, but I feel its getting too watered down.  We're only making it easier for more teams to make the playoffs, IMO.  It won't make a team better, it just gets them away from some of the better competition.  I'm sure Evadale will fair better in the small school bracket, as would we, but what have you really accomplished?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Evadale supporter as I have many good friends there.  I just think its getting too easy to get in and advance.  I mean think about it, if two teams go to the playoffs in the small and big school divisions, theres a REAL possibility that Chester could have an OK season and come in 2nd to Evadale.  The same Chester that had to forfeit their season due to lack of players.  :-\  I really don't get it.

Guest checkmate
great post DVille! You said exactly what I feel. Evadale was 10-0 this year but what did they accomplish in the grand scheme of things? They won "around here" but really were not a powerhouse in Texas like so many said they were...dont get me wrong, I would love to see any 1A team around here go far in Texas, but...well, we shall see.

It comes down to a school that has enough talent to put together a football team and a small school where the coach has to go around making sure he will have enough kids to put on the field.  It comes down to bigger schools having the luxury of some of their kids only playing one position as opposed to the smaller school kids having to learn offense, defense and special teams.  And not only their position but several because of the injuries that will happen.  It's a whole lot easier to play one position, practice that one position and get rest from time to time playing that one position.  Those same kids that you have begged to play also have to be super athletes. To be in such physical shape as to play a whole game of football without much rest.  30+ or more kids in a school can make a huge difference.

[quote author=DVILLE-GORILLA   I mean think about it, if two teams go to the playoffs in the small and big school divisions, theres a REAL possibility that Chester could have an OK season and come in 2nd to Evadale.  The same Chester that had to forfeit their season due to lack of players.   :-\   I really don't get it.
[/quote]     I don't get it either why would that make a difference ? If a team beats everyone and comes in 1st or 2nd why would numbers make a difference ? I have seen 1a schools with 15,16 kids on their team beat schools with 30,35 kids on their team. Only reason I can see is it embarrasses the bigger school to get beat by a smaller school. Correction, forfeited the last 2 games due to lack of players because of injuries.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder