19 4A VS 20 4A Who will come out on top???

[quote name="westend1" post="702652" timestamp="1257795816"]
That's what i've been trying to tell you.  Those last 14 years mean nothing.  Why do you Dayton fans keep bringing up the past?   You guys are 2 seeds THIS year.            ??? :P ;)
[/quote]
Actually Dayton was 2nd place with 1 loss
Vidor was THIRD place with three losses and nearly missed the playoffs.

Come Friday night...
Vidor is going to feel the pain of being stampeded by Broncos.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="702653" timestamp="1257795901"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=62041.msg702652#msg702652 date=1257795816]
That's what i've been trying to tell you.  Those last 14 years mean nothing.  Why do you Dayton fans keep bringing up the past?   You guys are 2 seeds THIS year.            ??? :P ;)
[/quote]
Actually Dayton was 2nd place with 1 loss
Vidor was THIRD place with three losses and nearly missed the playoffs.

Come Friday night...
Vidor is going to feel the pain of being stampeded by Broncos.
[/quote]i love all this confidence from 20-4a. we might as well not even show up  :D :D :D :D "GO BRONCOS" ALWAYS BELIEVE

That's what i've been trying to tell you.  Those last 14 years mean nothing.  Why do you Dayton fans keep bringing up the past?   You guys are 2 seeds THIS year.            ??? :P ;)
[/quote]
  yeah ok so who posted all the PNG stats for the past 60+ yrs? Ok then lets make it fair so to speak.
      last 4 yrs only because some of those from 4 yrs ago are seniors this year.where was 20-4A the last 4 yrs? and 19-4A the 4 yrs? And dont go pounding on me cause im saying something and I dont know what the answers to my questions are BECAUSE I am new to all this.But I am VERY interested in learning everything.So tell me.

[/quote] No! actually we are D11 number one seed in 19A, but then again who cares because we will make another deep run in the playoffs like we always do in spite of mindless smack from the cheap seats!

[quote]Here is the way I see it:
Dayton vs Vidor - Dayton is firing on all cylinders right now. they will move the ball and play some good D. vidor is one dimensional. OK D but I don't think they can stop those Broncos right now.
Crosby vs Nederland - Crosby moves the ball on off, does not turn the ball over much and has a D that will knock the crap out of you. When the game is on the line they will make plays. Nederland has a inexperienced QB, an RB, a line that needs some work and a D that is decent at best.
PNG vs Barbers Hill - PNG is on a roll but may have some hangovers from the big game last week and may walk into the game thinking they beat them once, they can do it again. NOT GOOD! Different Barbers Hill team. They still are tough on D and O.  Barbers Hill can move the ball on offense but their D needs some work.  Could be a close one if PNG does not jump on them.
Central vs GCM - Cental could so two things: be quit and let GCM hang with them or be pissed for blowing last weeks game and come out and destroy them. Their D has to stop the big play. GCM has to believe and hang with them. Create the big play, and move the ball. Could be a close one or major blow out.

For all you people releying on the non district scores from the beginning of the season, remember these are total different teams now.  Right now everyone is undefeated and the loser rolls out the basketballs!!!![/quote]

I agree with most everything except that Nederlands running back is inexperienced. He is not inexperienced and he is very good when he gets decent blocking. However, I could not honestly say that I think Nederland will win this game with any level of confidence, but I hope they do.  I do think they are capable of TAKING the game from Crosby but they will have to have the right game plan and execute well. If Crosby can get to Dionte and make him hurry his throws, and if they are a decent throwing team offensively, then its going to be tough for the Dogs to win.

One thing that I see is that although PNG and Central are good teams I am really not convinced that they are good enough to compete against a real playoff centender. Central is a good team but they are too one dimensional and I dont think their offense is quite dominating enough to get away with it. PNG reminds me of Nederland teams 6-8 years ago that were real good, but again they just lacked that overwhelming size and speed that teams need to beat the best off the best. They have all the ingredients though, time will tell if they have another level to take their game to to beat the best.

Vidor, well I hope they enjoy being in the playoffs for as long as they can hang in there.

GOOD LUCK 20-4A!!!!!!!!!!!

Actualy what Central does is Good, If you dont have to throw it why try..and when you do stop the run they'll start to air it out..SMH who am i kiding..If we wanna go deep in the playoffs were gonna have to get it to these WR a bit more..We all know the running game is their but if we learn how to pass plus the defense is one of the best IMO Im ready for Lake Travis...

GL Jags 4 quarters

[quote name="hitman009" post="703372" timestamp="1257865997"]
#40 is a good RB. gets his yards and a down field hard runner.  He just does not compare to the RB that are in 19 - 4A. They have a lot athletic runners there....I would rank him about 5th or 6th in that district.
[/quote]

#40 for what team?

[quote name="jake94" post="703422" timestamp="1257869524"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=62041.msg703372#msg703372 date=1257865997]
#40 is a good RB. gets his yards and a down field hard runner.  He just does not compare to the RB that are in 19 - 4A. They have a lot athletic runners there....I would rank him about 5th or 6th in that district.
[/quote]

#40 for what team?
[/quote]Gotta mean Lovelady (Nederland)

[quote name="liltex" post="704484" timestamp="1257983247"]
For what it's worth DCTF Sportswriters playoff predictions staff of Stewart,Hall,Padilla,Forrest have 19-4A Dayton/Crosby in the regionals-Dayton in the qtr.final-In either div.no 20-4A past round 2.Just a messenger.
[/quote]

They also predicted Vidor to win District 20-4A, Lumberton to make the playoffs, and Nederland to miss the playoffs.. No offense to Vidor or Lumberton, I am just making a point that I think Dave Campbell's is full of you know what sometimes... No I dont expect them to make every right prediction, that would be impossible. But its been my experience that they are wrong more often than right... I am looking forward to a 20-4A sweep this weekend!

Still wish we would go back to the old days where only district champs moved on, maybe two. Anything can happen in a 1 game series which is not fair to the consistant teams, not to mention chance of injuries and cost for families who really can't afford it. Just like pro sports it's all about the money.

I go to all high school sports, football, basket ball, baseball, track you name it. Just doesn't seem right when a 2-8 team has the chance to beat a 10-0 team.

Look through the state playoff pools and see how crazy it is for some of these teams to even be considered being in the playoffs and having the chance to take down a team that played steady all year.

Oh well rules are rules, good luck to all, please respect the kids who do win and lose and hope for no injuries!

Good point!  My team is 5-5 and I believe they are going to beat a team that went 7-0 in their district.  And they will if they play like they can play...  I think the concept here that I was addressing was criticism towards having more teams in the playoffs, and how a team that went undefeated could lose to a team that did not win a lot of games in the regular season.  Personally, I like the idea of having more teams getting extra games past district. It gives the players that had some hard luck early in the season something to look forward to and something to play for when all seems Lost!  Otherwise, they could just give up and the coaches could give up and what is that worth???

(Although I really know it's ((the extra season)) all about $$$, and that's OK....)

I have witnessed a team come from the dead, found something late, and now has developed into an excellent Football TEAM!  That, to me, is worth the extra playoff teams... :'(

To me it's kind of like the whole self esteem era, where you don't try out to make a little league baseball team. Dad hands over $$$ and you on the team even if your no good. Or a girl enters a pageant and everyone gets a trophy so they dont feel bad.

What happen to the days when the hardest working most talented got what they deserved.

First year I tried out for baseball I didn't make in little league, next year I worked my butt off, got better, made the team and had a descent career through out high school.

Just my opinion, we are rasing a bunch of kids that are to soft and think they deserve to be winners....not have to earn it! Cold world out there and mom and dad won't always be ther eto make things better!

[quote name="SD2009" post="704755" timestamp="1258002999"]
anyone have game footage of BH playing that i can see
[/quote]

You can see the Dayton vs. BH game out on Youtube under toupsgraphics.  Unfortunately, it's just the Dayton highlights so you won't really see any of the plays BH made....especially the 99 and 3/4 (that was still a touchdown and not a turnover but whatever) yard drive with under 2:00 to go.

[quote name="ndn78" post="704553" timestamp="1257988211"]
Still wish we would go back to the old days where only district champs moved on, maybe two. Anything can happen in a 1 game series which is not fair to the consistant teams, not to mention chance of injuries and cost for families who really can't afford it. Just like pro sports it's all about the money.

I go to all high school sports, football, basket ball, baseball, track you name it. Just doesn't seem right when a 2-8 team has the chance to beat a 10-0 team.

Look through the state playoff pools and see how crazy it is for some of these teams to even be considered being in the playoffs and having the chance to take down a team that played steady all year.

Oh well rules are rules, good luck to all, please respect the kids who do win and lose and hope for no injuries!
[/quote]

I wonder if PNG fans will say the same thing when they are third in district...

Bottom line, if you are truly the best, then it doesnt matter who is in front of you, you will win the state championship... Why not allow more kids the oppurtunity to be in the playoffs? As a former player, my most memorable moments were from our playoff games. I can remember those games like they were yesterday... Its pretty special..

My point is this.. Yea PNG has had a great run this year and I wish them the best of luck in the playoffs.. But look at it in another perspective.. Imagine for a minute if that chaos wouldnt have happened in the Central game and Central came out on top. If only one team goes, then it wouldve been central because they wouldve won heads up... Now does that seem fair for a team to go 9-1 and miss the playoffs?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder