STJFL: Pro Bowl

My understanding is that it is made up from kids off of all the teams that aren't in the SuperBowl.  Each team gets to choose a certain number of players & a coach but depending on the records of the teams depends on how many kids they get to choose.  There will be a North Team (Kountze, Lumberton, Bmt, PNG & Vidor) vs South Team (LCM, OF, BC, WOS, Nederland) in Peewee/Jr/Sr.  Each ProBowl will be played just before the SuperBowl from what I understand.  PW @ 8:30am, JR @ 1:30 pm & SR @ 5:30 pm with Superbowls PW @ 10am, JR @ 3:30 pm & SR @ 7:30 pm.  They will practice next week once the teams are finalized after the playoffs tomorrow.  Peewee - North Team is practicing in Lumberton M/W/F next week but not sure of others.

Just to clarify, the Pro Bowl players are made up from teams who are not in the super bowl.  The number of players is determined by the number of teams sending players, NOT the records of the teams.  Records have nothing to do with anything in the Pro Bowl.  It is open to all, and each team is eligible to send the same number of players as each other team within their division/location (i.e. north or south, pee wee, jr, sr.).  Now that doesn't mean that all WILL send the same numbers - just that they are offered the same opportunity to do so. 

Good luck to everyone at the Super Bowl and the Pro Bowl games next week!!

It is new to us too & our coach said we were allowed to send 4 people from our team...he is the one that said something about team that wins they'd get to bring more but he may have misunderstood.  Maybe they meant some teams would send more since they had multiple teams (i.e. - Ned has 2 PW
teams & Vidor/PNG/Lumb each have 3 teams with the rest only having 1)...It will be fun...

Looking forward to meeting some new people & getting one last game in for the season...

[quote name="AllSportsMom" post="693269" timestamp="1257052749"]
It is new to us too & our coach said we were allowed to send 4 people from our team...he is the one that said something about team that wins they'd get to bring more but he may have misunderstood.  Maybe they meant some teams would send more since they had multiple teams (i.e. - Ned has 2 PW
teams & Vidor/PNG/Lumb each have 3 teams with the rest only having 1)...It will be fun...

Looking forward to meeting some new people & getting one last game in for the season...
[/quote]

When we played, they divided the amount of teams into 30 players, thats how they got a number, so yes PNG has 3 teams they send more than kountze who as 1 team.

Great game today between the PeeWee North & PeeWee South teams in the STJFL ProBowl.  These kids played an awesome game for the various teams to come together & have 6 hours of practice and play as a team. 

North came close to scoring 2X but penalties killed us & just didn't make it.  Even though they tied 0-0 it was still one of the best games I watched all season.

I want to thank everyone involved in the Junior Probowl yesterday.  This was the first year we participated in the Probowl.  It was great.  I had a blast.  Regardless of the score, this was a great game.  My hat goes off to the North kids and coaches.  They played hard all game.  Also, to the South kids, coaches and parents, thank you for letting me be involved in coaching this game.  I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the experience.

I would say I want to do it again next year, but I would rather play in the SUPERBOWL.

Congratulations to Nederland Senior Black, Back-to-Back Superbowl Champs!!!

[quote name="bigdogs" post="701522" timestamp="1257692846"]
I want to thank everyone involved in the Junior Probowl yesterday.  This was the first year we participated in the Probowl.  It was great.  I had a blast.  Regardless of the score, this was a great game.  My hat goes off to the North kids and coaches.  They played hard all game.  Also, to the South kids, coaches and parents, thank you for letting me be involved in coaching this game.  I hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the experience.

I would say I want to do it again next year, but I would rather play in the SUPERBOWL.

Congratulations to Nederland Senior Black, Back-to-Back Superbowl Champs!!!
[/quote]

Good Job Lange! Hats off to Coach Flowers for the North too. You guys did a great job with those teams! Only 6 hours of practice and it looked like both teams had been together all season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Binding Psychics
    Newest Member
    Love Binding Psychics