*WO-S vs. HJ/WO-S wins 29-10

[quote name="Roper84" post="692195" timestamp="1256992255"]
I've been to HJ vs WOS game for 6 years in a row.  First time I can ever remember the Hawks standing toe to toe and battling it out with WOS.  Both sides left everthing they had on the field.  Some quirky calls both ways and both teams missed opportunities.  I bet if you ask players from either side, they tell you it was dog fight last night.  Congrats to the stangs, Hawks keep your head up.
[/quote]

Did you happen to compare the size of the kids from HJ and the size of the kids from WOS?  Absolutely no comparison.  In addition, add up the number of seniors vs. WOS' lineup.  Absolutely no comparison.  HJ is huge.  Of course it was a dog fight.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of our boys, however our season goes, because we are so young and have had so many injuries.  I think we've done well considering and to think that we should just be that much better next year.  We'll be fine this year and next and the next and the next.  We'll be ok.  I realize that making it to the 3rd round isn't enough for some, but as long as our kids do the best that they can, I (for one) am satisfied.  No one wants to win more than these kids...so, go get 'em 'Stangs!!!

It was a good game, not a great one (sloppy play in some respect on both sides of the ball). My biggest fear come playoff time is the poor execution of the WO-S "Special Teams". You continue to make the mistakes their making and you're one-n-done in the playoffs. You can't continue to give a good team (not to mention a playoff caliber team) a short field and expect to come out with a victory. i.e. the opening kick off to HJ lasnight; an ineffective kicking game (kick-offs, punting, bad deep snaps etc.) it's got to improve in a hurry or this will prove to be the end of the 'Stangs season. Most other aspects of their game are starting to come along. The defense had another superior performance! Overall grade: B+ on offense, A+ on defense and special teams D-. The final district game will be an excellent opportunity for the kids and coaches alike to work some kinks out before heading into the playoffs. Although the Bobcats suffered a tough loss against BC, they'll be ready to play, and play hard. I like the match-up overall and I expect the Cats to play ball for 4 quarters. In all actuality, the HJ game and the game Friday with O'Field have been a blessing in disguise for the 'Stangs young ballclub. I believe they'll be better prepared and more battle tested than in years past! Job well done to all the teams in 21-3A!!!

I have a few things I would like to say about WO-S. First off. As far as hospitality goes. That was the best I have ever seen. They sent people to help us unload all of our equipment before the game and after the game when I was taking it back I had a few issues with a mudpuddle and # 44 ran over and helped me out. A few other guys without there jerseys on came and helped out as well. As far as the game went, I saw very little bad sportsmanship. Only one player talked smack to the crowd after a WO-S turnover but later I saw him helping up HJ players. I was pretty satisfied with this game. Good luck in the playoffs WO-S.

[quote name="w" post="691940" timestamp="1256963523"]
Though we had some breakdown at various times during the game, do ya think the refs tonight have ever watched a football game before?  I've never seen such poor officiating...and I've seen a LOT of poor officials!
[/quote]            if someone at WOS could just get the announcer to stop saying "THERE IS FABRIC ON THE FIELD".  I would appreciate it.

[quote name="stang4life" post="692218" timestamp="1256994909"]
If we continue to score, then we are accused of running up the score.  A friend of mine from BC and I were talking the other day and she said her dad was commenting about WO-S and said that he didn't like Coach Hooks because he "runs up the score".  This late in the season, we need to be just working on what we need to work on, regardless of the score.  We are one game from the playoffs.  Hopefully, we are able to pull it all together and "peak" at the right time.  I, for one, will believe until it's all over.  Come on Mustangs...show everyone that your discipline and heart will get us where we need to be.  It would be nice, especially with all of our injuries!!!
[/quote]I'd have to say this Dad doesn't have a clue of what Dan Hooks does for these kids,  also some blowouts are unavoidable and I don't know how many times I've seen Hooks call off the dogs and have a running clock for mercy.  My answer to you is to play better or be somewhere else.  Like we said in an earlier post, 25 beatdowns in a row will tend to rile some folks.

[quote name="Cowboy4jc" post="692458" timestamp="1257008513"]
I have a few things I would like to say about WO-S. First off. As far as hospitality goes. That was the best I have ever seen. They sent people to help us unload all of our equipment before the game and after the game when I was taking it back I had a few issues with a mudpuddle and [u][b]# 44 [/b] [/u] ran over and helped me out. A few other guys without there jerseys on came and helped out as well. As far as the game went, I saw very little bad sportsmanship. Only one player talked smack to the crowd after a WO-S turnover but later I saw him helping up HJ players. I was pretty satisfied with this game. Good luck in the playoffs WO-S.
[/quote]

Good job----# 44 Brenson Lindsey

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="692455" timestamp="1257008195"]
It was a good game, not a great one (sloppy play in some respect on both sides of the ball). My biggest fear come playoff time is the poor execution of the WO-S "Special Teams". You continue to make the mistakes their making and you're one-n-done in the playoffs. You can't continue to give a good team (not to mention a playoff caliber team) a short field and expect to come out with a victory. i.e. the opening kick off to HJ lasnight; an ineffective kicking game (kick-offs, punting, bad deep snaps etc.) it's got to improve in a hurry or this will prove to be the end of the 'Stangs season. Most other aspects of their game are starting to come along. The defense had another superior performance! Overall grade: B+ on offense, A+ on defense and special teams D-. The final district game will be an excellent opportunity for the kids and coaches alike to work some kinks out before heading into the playoffs. Although the Bobcats suffered a tough loss against BC, they'll be ready to play, and play hard. I like the match-up overall and I expect the Cats to play ball for 4 quarters. In all actuality, the HJ game and the game Friday with O'Field have been a blessing in disguise for the 'Stangs young ballclub. I believe they'll be better prepared and more battle tested than in years past! Job well done to all the teams in 21-3A!!!
[/quote]

im hoping the jv kicker(#84) will be moved up for playoffs  ;) ;D

not only is he a pretty good kicker but he will go down and lay a hit on someone!

[quote name="venom33" post="692558" timestamp="1257015823"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=61583.msg692455#msg692455 date=1257008195]
[/quote]

im hoping the jv kicker(#84) will be moved up for playoffs  ;) ;D

not only is he a pretty good kicker but he will go down and lay a hit on someone!
[/quote]

He still has some work to do. But the mechanics are there, just needs to be honed ;)

[quote name="kicker" post="692628" timestamp="1257020615"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=61583.msg692558#msg692558 date=1257015823]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=61583.msg692455#msg692455 date=1257008195]
[/quote]

im hoping the jv kicker(#84) will be moved up for playoffs  ;) ;D

[/quote]

He still has some work to do. But the mechanics are there, just needs to be honed ;)
[/quote]

he really appreciated your help! i hope you can work with him more in the future.

i hope he will be able to get a little exposure to the pressure of varsity before the season is over.

I thought, for the most part, the sportsmanship was pretty good from HJ as well. Except after their first TD when the lineman (I think it was #62) walked towards our stands pointing at the scoreboard. And in the second half, when one of the HJ DB's put a good lick on our RB and he jumped up walking toward our side line beating his chest. Other than that, I saw some patting on the heads and such so overall I was pleased with HJ's sportsmanship too...  ;D

[quote name="Gasilla" post="693458" timestamp="1257091745"]
I thought, for the most part, the sportsmanship was pretty good from HJ as well. Except after their first TD when the lineman (I think it was #62) walked towards our stands pointing at the scoreboard. And in the second half, when one of the HJ DB's put a good lick on our RB and he jumped up walking toward our side line beating his chest. Other than that, I saw some patting on the heads and such so overall I was pleased with HJ's sportsmanship too...  ;D
[/quote]

I'd say the same exact thing about WOS for the most part. Helped players up, pats on the back/head, handshakes.. very respectable game.. Every team has those one or two guys that do something to make everyone else look bad.. like the WOS player who threw his helmet across the field.. but all in all great game between both teams.

[quote name="w" post="693754" timestamp="1257115781"]
He didn't throw his helmet across the field.  It got ripped off his head. 
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure this is correct. He got pulled (and flagged, I believe) for something else. Not positive what it was but I think it was taunting.

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="691970" timestamp="1256964078"]
I hope the Mustangs prove me wrong but I don't see us going to far in the playoffs.
[/quote]

I think I'll have to agree with that.Not much improvment in nine games.I think what you have seen thus far is what you will see in the playoffs and I'm afraid that want be enough.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="694363" timestamp="1257176716"]
[quote author=WO-S 89 link=topic=61583.msg691970#msg691970 date=1256964078]
I hope the Mustangs prove me wrong but I don't see us going to far in the playoffs.
[/quote]

I think I'll have to agree with that.Not much improvment in nine games.I think what you have seen thus far is what you will see in the playoffs and I'm afraid that want be enough.
[/quote]

i hope were all wrong, but from what im hearing the heart isnt there either.  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder