West Hardin vs. Hull Daisetta/Hull-Daisetta 13-6/Comments

This is a heated rivalry that goes way back. When your playing for bragging rights plus a playoff spot, watch out for a great game from start to finish. I agree WH has a good defense and will be swarming to the ball all night. H-D has alot of speed on both sides of the ball. The one advantage that H-D has is having one of the best players in District Keith Gilmore. If the Bobcats give the ball to Gilmore like they finally did last week, the Bobcats should win. I hope the Bobcats are healthy this week, last week we had alot of players on the sideline in street clothes. Maybe Tyler Drake will be back this week, has anyone heard how serious his injury is from two weeks ago? Drake is an awesome freshman player that I love to watch play. Go Bobcats !!!

H-D 26
WH 7

This is a very heated rivalry for both teams. This is going to be a very low scoring game. Neither team is dominating on offense but both have pretty solid defenses.Daisetta needs to learn how to hold on to the ball, if they have the fumbles that they did last week vs. SP they will lose this one big time. If the bobcats can come up with an offensive line this week to protect the QB and let him have some time to throw the ball they should win. I'm going with Daisetta only because they got home field advantage. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!
HD-10
WH-7

Maybe the 7-0 in overtime is a little over the top.  But I do feel like it will be very low scoring.  Which ever team scores on defense will win the game or has an important turnover.  I dont believe either offense will move the ball against either defense and Im going with HD who is 3-1 at home this year.  7-0 in regulation or overtime whichever comes first.  By the way I heard that Tyler is doing better but wont play until the Burkeville game.

[quote name="BIGMO44" post="685900" timestamp="1256503554"]
Should be a good game...I believe HD has a few more offensive weapons than WH does.  Both teams have a good defense so i give the edge to HD...

HD-21
WH-7
[/quote]

Got to go with my man MO. The Bobcats just have more offense than the Oilers. The WH bunch has some good defenders, but the Oiler offense gained only 78 yards last Friday night and that just won't win you many games, especially if it is a close game.

Neither team has an awesome offense. But i have to say that WH has a better defense than HD. I think this will be an defensive game. All WH has to do is keep Gilmore accounted for at all times and as long as they hit him in the mouth he will lay down. I say that WH comes out on top on this heated rivalry showdown.
WH-8
HD-0

[quote name="oilerman21" post="687908" timestamp="1256674225"]
Neither team has an awesome offense. But i have to say that WH has a better defense than HD. I think this will be an defensive game. All WH has to do is keep Gilmore accounted for at all times and as long as they hit him in the mouth he will lay down. I say that WH comes out on top on this heated rivalry showdown.
WH-8
HD-0
[/quote] Gilmore is a beast and will never lay down !!! The kid has been under used all season and has not layed down. I have seen Gilmore play hurt, he has alot of heart. The kid is a football player, he just makes plays. If we use Keith Gilmore right, it will open things up for the speedy Humphrey brothers. H-D has some brake away speed on offense with the Humphrey boys and Jo-Jo. Gilmore is a power runner with football speed, meaning he runs well in pads. He has deceptive speed.

H-D BOBCAT 55 your right about one thing. Gilmore does have heart and you can tell by the way he plays on the field. That is what the bobcats need is heart. There are only about 5 players on the bobcat team that have heart and play till the whistle blows. When you watch the bobcats play you can see who these players are they stand out above the rest. This week that is what the bobcats team needs the most is heart. They have to learn to play as a team and protect each other on the field. Without heart the bobcats wont win against WH because they come to play every down. Good luck to both teams

Well said hd09.  I hope they will play as a team and quit worrying about who is this and who is that and that as one they can beat any team they face.  If they learn to play as one they are better than anyone in the district and can beat WH.  You continue to preach team to them and help them from where you are and maybe they can take some of your heart and spread it around.

[quote name="eaba26" post="688763" timestamp="1256756768"]
Well said hd09.  I hope they will play as a team and quit worrying about who is this and who is that and that as one they can beat any team they face.  If they learn to play as one they are better than anyone in the district and can beat WH.  You continue to preach team to them and help them from where you are and maybe they can take some of your heart and spread it around.
[/quote] Yes playing as a team is important, and having heart is key. Also every good team has a play maker, good teams get the ball to that play maker. Just like the 1979 State Champs played as a team, they also had a few play makers and got the ball to them. H-D has a play maker on their team this year and his number is 35. The rest of the team needs to have his back and be the support. I believe they will do that. Go Bobcats !!!

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
I think the weather is going to affect this game maybe more than others...I really think it helps WH if its a trench warfare type game...the weather may help to neutralize HD speed.

HD has a few "play makers" on the team this year. But the whole team has to make plays at their own position for any "play maker" to make plays. That's why you play with 11 guys, if every guy does their job you are most likely going to win. The bobcats need this game to give themselves a chance to be .500 before the playoffs start, but if they lose the best they can be is 4-6. Come on cats!

[quote name="HDcats0422" post="689234" timestamp="1256820365"]
HD has a few "play makers" on the team this year. But the whole team has to make plays at their own position for any "play maker" to make plays. That's why you play with 11 guys, if every guy does their job you are most likely going to win. The bobcats need this game to give themselves a chance to be .500 before the playoffs start, but if they lose the best they can be is 4-6. Come on cats!
[/quote]Like I said, the rest of the team needs to be the support and win at their respected positions. Gilmore is our best playmaker, give him the dang ball !!! No reason why Gilmore should not have 20 carries for 100 yards and two TD's running between the tackles. Run the Humphrey's in motion on a fake reverse every time, to prevent WH from over pursuing. When they do over pursue give the Humphrey's the ball on some reverses. I Bet yall big target Andy Tanner will be open over the middle all night on playaction off of Gilmore. WH's linebackers will be coming all night trying to stop Gilmore. Go Bobcats !!! Love my Madden !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder