? What Is The High/ Low End Cut-Off For 2A Schools

Guest ~old_wildcat~

The cutoff numbers haven't came out yet.  They probably won't comeout or be heard about til just before the new alignments are made.  there is really no use in guessing.  based on the past however the numbers for cutoff have almost always went up by 10-20.  I would think that with Kirbyville's snapshot enrollment only up 6 from last time to 432, they will remain a terror in 2A.

[quote name="Kville99" post="685699" timestamp="1256481349"]
The cutoff numbers haven't came out yet.  They probably won't comeout or be heard about til just before the new alignments are made.  there is really no use in guessing.  based on the past however the numbers for cutoff have almost always went up by 10-20.  I would think that with Kirbyville's snapshot enrollment only up 6 from last time to 432, they will remain a terror in 2A.
[/quote]

I agree...it has been a trend going up that much over the last 10 yrs or so.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rykerx144" post="685744" timestamp="1256486157"]
eagle, you sure spend alot of time criticizing the wildcats not to be worried about them.  This issue about week ten not meaning anything and coaches should pull starters early is either a lame smoke screen or one of the dumbest ideals ive heard in a while.  This game will be played to win as it should be
[/quote]

I Think You Are RIGHT ON..I Don't Think Anyone Else In Our District Has Played 3 District Games And Had Only [b]7 [/b] Points Scored On Their Defense And The Offense Has Put Up [b]136 [/b] Points..With 2 Games Remaining..Maybe Not A Terror, But Certainly Cause For Concern If You Have To Play Them...JMO

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Kville99" post="685800" timestamp="1256492848"]
I would like the record to show that the [b]7[/b] points were not scored on the defense but instead on the special teams.
[/quote]

My Bad KVILLE99...I Stand Corrected...!! :-[

[quote name="rykerx144" post="685744" timestamp="1256486157"]
eagle, you sure spend alot of time criticizing the wildcats not to be worried about them.  This issue about week ten not meaning anything and coaches should pull starters early is either a lame smoke screen or one of the dumbest ideals ive heard in a while.  This game will be played to win as it should be
[/quote]
Your obviously such a bright football mind explain to me why. If none of what I have said makes sense you might want to switch on the basketball games. This game means nothing, no matter what the fans think from either town. And nothing I have said about Kirbyville is untrue, just reality. If beating Newton is the highlight of your year, IMO your leaving a lot on the table. Call me what you like.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685907" timestamp="1256503974"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=61303.msg685744#msg685744 date=1256486157]
[/quote]
Your obviously such a bright football mind explain to me why. If none of what I have said makes sense you might want to switch on the basketball games. This game means nothing, no matter what the fans think from either town. And nothing I have said about Kirbyville is untrue, just reality. If beating Newton is the highlight of your year, IMO your leaving a lot on the table. Call me what you like.
[/quote]

This is simply hilarious. ChampionEagles, you can't be serious? I know for a fact you do not represent the thoughts of either teams players and coaching staffs. This game is important. A district championship is important. Is it less important than a state championship? Sure. But that doesn't take away from what this game means, a district title and bragging rights over the other team. There is no guarentee that either team would win their first round playoff games. Do I think they will? Sure. But I think I know Alverez and Barbay well enough that these guys will go into this game with nothing else on their minds but winning this football game. Like it has been said before, you play to win the game!!

Your comments makes you look very uneducated in football sense.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="685927" timestamp="1256505507"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61303.msg685907#msg685907 date=1256503974]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=61303.msg685744#msg685744 date=1256486157]
[/quote]
[/quote]

This is simply hilarious. ChampionEagles, you can't be serious? I know for a fact you do not represent the thoughts of either teams players and coaching staffs. This game is important. A district championship is important. Is it less important than a state championship? Sure. But that doesn't take away from what this game means, a district title and bragging rights over the other team. There is no guarentee that either team would win their first round playoff games. Do I think they will? Sure. But I think I know Alverez and Barbay well enough that these guys will go into this game with nothing else on their minds but winning this football game. Like it has been said before, you play to win the game!!

Your comments makes you look very uneducated in football sense.
[/quote]
How much experience do you have at qualifying what you say. Newton has played in a few playoff games and have in years past lost key players late in the year. It is not the time to get into a testosterone fiz about who is the best locally. No one else in state cares. When the state trophy comes to east Texas, everyone in state knows. And the shoulda, woulda, coulda's will always be present.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685942" timestamp="1256505973"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=61303.msg685935#msg685935 date=1256505793]
That's why there should be no d1 d2. Imo to be the best you need to beat the best which doesn't happen in this situation
[/quote]
Excellent. I agree, then this game with Kirbyville would have all the shine and glory it used to.
[/quote]

Im glad barbay's and alvarez's teams dont have the same panzy attitude you have.  Football is supposed to be physical and injuries are a part of it... that's why people talk about "depth" and how important it is.

[quote name="Headliner1" post="685966" timestamp="1256507610"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61303.msg685942#msg685942 date=1256505973]
That's why there should be no d1 d2. Imo to be the best you need to beat the best which doesn't happen in this situation
[/quote]
Excellent. I agree, then this game with Kirbyville would have all the shine and glory it used to.
[/quote]

Im glad barbay's and alvarez's teams dont have the same panzy attitude you have.  Football is supposed to be physical and injuries are a part of it... that's why people talk about "depth" and how important it is.
[/quote]
And Forrest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does"

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685976" timestamp="1256508249"]
[quote author=Headliner1 link=topic=61303.msg685966#msg685966 date=1256507610]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61303.msg685942#msg685942 date=1256505973]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Im glad barbay's and alvarez's teams dont have the same panzy attitude you have.  Football is supposed to be physical and injuries are a part of it... that's why people talk about "depth" and how important it is.
[/quote]
[/quote]

well i wasnt gonna call you stupid, but since you did it yourself i dont have to.  I was just going to call you confused

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder

• Cohen……a lying, backstabbing pos who does nothing but lie every time he opens his mouth. Let him utter words the prosecution wants to hear, and we can convict. Cohen told his ex advisor that he wanted to kill himself. What a worldly loss that would be. Let anyone on this board be put through the wringer with false charges and lies like Trump has had to endure, and you would be screaming at the top of your lungs how illegal all of this is.
    • It was and remains perfectly timed and choregraphed Kangaroo Court, whatever Cohen just said or lied about.  Face it, under Soros installed Biden and Merrick Garland, the USA is now officially a Bananna Republic with a Goverment that weaponizes itself against and destroys its political rivals. Putin and Xi are SO proud!  Dang I miss Democracy.       
    • I haven’t been watching closely, but even the liberal sources even tell the story as “the defense really took apart Cohen’s testimony on Thursday.” It sounds like sloppy work from the prosecution to point out a specific call as being “the one,” when it was easily concluded that this particular call could not have occurred the way that Cohen (and the prosecution) claim it to have happened.    The bad news is that I doubt that it matters much-I suspect that most jurors minds were closed before testimony started.   I don’t see Trump leaving with anything less than a conviction based on the venue (NYC).
    • Tough case all the way around.  The guy had a lot of online activity come out where he made racist statements and statements about killing BLM protesters and looters.  So when he then goes out and does it, it looks really bad.  I've seen a lot of videos where people have driven through protestors, defended themselves against them, etc., and didn't bat an eye.  This feels different, but that doesn't necessarily make it murder, either.  His account of the events that happened vs. the witness accounts were both very different, but I'd also expect both sides' accounts to be self-serving and inaccurate to fit their narrative.  Not really sure what to think on this one.  
    • @CardinalBacker   Wanted to get your thoughts on how Cohen did as Bragg's star witness..... My Take: The State spent two days acknowledging that Cohen lied all the time but now he has come clean,,,,,,,it took the defense (having same evidence state had), just a few hours to confirm Cohen lied to the current jury a couple days ago......  While I thought initially Trump would be found guilty due to venue, with best case a hung jury, there is now a pretty good chance he will be acquitted...... Thoughts anyone??   This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics