? What Is The High/ Low End Cut-Off For 2A Schools

Guest ~old_wildcat~

The cutoff numbers haven't came out yet.  They probably won't comeout or be heard about til just before the new alignments are made.  there is really no use in guessing.  based on the past however the numbers for cutoff have almost always went up by 10-20.  I would think that with Kirbyville's snapshot enrollment only up 6 from last time to 432, they will remain a terror in 2A.

[quote name="Kville99" post="685699" timestamp="1256481349"]
The cutoff numbers haven't came out yet.  They probably won't comeout or be heard about til just before the new alignments are made.  there is really no use in guessing.  based on the past however the numbers for cutoff have almost always went up by 10-20.  I would think that with Kirbyville's snapshot enrollment only up 6 from last time to 432, they will remain a terror in 2A.
[/quote]

I agree...it has been a trend going up that much over the last 10 yrs or so.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="rykerx144" post="685744" timestamp="1256486157"]
eagle, you sure spend alot of time criticizing the wildcats not to be worried about them.  This issue about week ten not meaning anything and coaches should pull starters early is either a lame smoke screen or one of the dumbest ideals ive heard in a while.  This game will be played to win as it should be
[/quote]

I Think You Are RIGHT ON..I Don't Think Anyone Else In Our District Has Played 3 District Games And Had Only [b]7 [/b] Points Scored On Their Defense And The Offense Has Put Up [b]136 [/b] Points..With 2 Games Remaining..Maybe Not A Terror, But Certainly Cause For Concern If You Have To Play Them...JMO

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Kville99" post="685800" timestamp="1256492848"]
I would like the record to show that the [b]7[/b] points were not scored on the defense but instead on the special teams.
[/quote]

My Bad KVILLE99...I Stand Corrected...!! :-[

[quote name="rykerx144" post="685744" timestamp="1256486157"]
eagle, you sure spend alot of time criticizing the wildcats not to be worried about them.  This issue about week ten not meaning anything and coaches should pull starters early is either a lame smoke screen or one of the dumbest ideals ive heard in a while.  This game will be played to win as it should be
[/quote]
Your obviously such a bright football mind explain to me why. If none of what I have said makes sense you might want to switch on the basketball games. This game means nothing, no matter what the fans think from either town. And nothing I have said about Kirbyville is untrue, just reality. If beating Newton is the highlight of your year, IMO your leaving a lot on the table. Call me what you like.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685907" timestamp="1256503974"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=61303.msg685744#msg685744 date=1256486157]
[/quote]
Your obviously such a bright football mind explain to me why. If none of what I have said makes sense you might want to switch on the basketball games. This game means nothing, no matter what the fans think from either town. And nothing I have said about Kirbyville is untrue, just reality. If beating Newton is the highlight of your year, IMO your leaving a lot on the table. Call me what you like.
[/quote]

This is simply hilarious. ChampionEagles, you can't be serious? I know for a fact you do not represent the thoughts of either teams players and coaching staffs. This game is important. A district championship is important. Is it less important than a state championship? Sure. But that doesn't take away from what this game means, a district title and bragging rights over the other team. There is no guarentee that either team would win their first round playoff games. Do I think they will? Sure. But I think I know Alverez and Barbay well enough that these guys will go into this game with nothing else on their minds but winning this football game. Like it has been said before, you play to win the game!!

Your comments makes you look very uneducated in football sense.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="685927" timestamp="1256505507"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61303.msg685907#msg685907 date=1256503974]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=61303.msg685744#msg685744 date=1256486157]
[/quote]
[/quote]

This is simply hilarious. ChampionEagles, you can't be serious? I know for a fact you do not represent the thoughts of either teams players and coaching staffs. This game is important. A district championship is important. Is it less important than a state championship? Sure. But that doesn't take away from what this game means, a district title and bragging rights over the other team. There is no guarentee that either team would win their first round playoff games. Do I think they will? Sure. But I think I know Alverez and Barbay well enough that these guys will go into this game with nothing else on their minds but winning this football game. Like it has been said before, you play to win the game!!

Your comments makes you look very uneducated in football sense.
[/quote]
How much experience do you have at qualifying what you say. Newton has played in a few playoff games and have in years past lost key players late in the year. It is not the time to get into a testosterone fiz about who is the best locally. No one else in state cares. When the state trophy comes to east Texas, everyone in state knows. And the shoulda, woulda, coulda's will always be present.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685942" timestamp="1256505973"]
[quote author=Bucof2010 link=topic=61303.msg685935#msg685935 date=1256505793]
That's why there should be no d1 d2. Imo to be the best you need to beat the best which doesn't happen in this situation
[/quote]
Excellent. I agree, then this game with Kirbyville would have all the shine and glory it used to.
[/quote]

Im glad barbay's and alvarez's teams dont have the same panzy attitude you have.  Football is supposed to be physical and injuries are a part of it... that's why people talk about "depth" and how important it is.

[quote name="Headliner1" post="685966" timestamp="1256507610"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61303.msg685942#msg685942 date=1256505973]
That's why there should be no d1 d2. Imo to be the best you need to beat the best which doesn't happen in this situation
[/quote]
Excellent. I agree, then this game with Kirbyville would have all the shine and glory it used to.
[/quote]

Im glad barbay's and alvarez's teams dont have the same panzy attitude you have.  Football is supposed to be physical and injuries are a part of it... that's why people talk about "depth" and how important it is.
[/quote]
And Forrest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does"

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="685976" timestamp="1256508249"]
[quote author=Headliner1 link=topic=61303.msg685966#msg685966 date=1256507610]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=61303.msg685942#msg685942 date=1256505973]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Im glad barbay's and alvarez's teams dont have the same panzy attitude you have.  Football is supposed to be physical and injuries are a part of it... that's why people talk about "depth" and how important it is.
[/quote]
[/quote]

well i wasnt gonna call you stupid, but since you did it yourself i dont have to.  I was just going to call you confused

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Or a less lethal option would be to have law enforcement yell improper pronouns at them...they'd scatter like sheep. I still prefer your way, lol.
    • I ve seen this done in several other countries.  And in those countries it happens very lil because of the severity of the consequences.   I saw a video of other world leaders ask “why does America allow such destructiveness” when all the civil unrest was happening because a criminal/criminals were killed  by not following commands.     we have a great system in place but it’s been compromised and we could still learn from other countries.
    • I am out of VOTES, but I will give a BIG AMEN!!!!
    • You start opening fire and drop about 10 or 12 of these protesting morons it will break up pretty quick.    This ties in with killing the chicken killing dog.
    • This is an easy one. We have let grifter unqualified coaches infiltrate our children and convince them that they will be D1 athletes if they only focus on a single sport. We've got kids, with single digit ages, playing their sport year-round to "maximize exposure" despite the fact that most college coaches on the recruiting trail will value a multisport athlete. This translates to the school year and ends up with kids being football, basketball, baseball only kids. Track is pretty much the only one left that keeps kids playing other sports and that's primarily because football coaches demand their football kids be track athletes. I literally talked to a man last night, who just moved to Texas from Oklahoma who was telling me his kid played on two different football teams during the season last year. One for his school, one for his select league. During the week the kid was a RB for his school, and on the weekends, he was a QB for his select team. This would equal 7 days a week of full contact football for a 6th grader......6th grader. Once that ends, rolls straight into 7 on 7 for the spring and back to football in the summer. All this for a kid, who seems to be a good athlete, but probably has a ceiling of D2 at best, if he doesn't burn out before that. Parents are silly and think they can develop their kids into being the next Quinn Ewers, but they completely miss the biggest factor in creating that type of athlete.....genetics. Genetics are undefeated. Always have been, always will be. Play sports because you love to compete then compete in everything you do. Quit giving bullsheet rings to "state champions" every single weekend all over the US and get back to valuing team championships won at the community level to build the continuity when they are young. This is the only way to reestablish the pride once felt by every kid in every town across Texas when they got to put on a uniform with their school colors. Otherwise, we can kiss the magic of high school sports goodbye. 
  • Topics