Vidor at Nederland Predictions

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="684959" timestamp="1256396671"]
One thing that may help Nederland, is that Livingston runs a similar offense to Vidor.  The Nederland defense started to figure things out in the 2nd half.   Neumann should have them ready to go against Vidor.
[/quote]Remember LCM beat Livingston and scored over 40 against them. We scored 49 against LCM last week and they only scored 15. We are not Livingston! ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="684997" timestamp="1256398691"]
I don't know what to say.  Vidor went through this stretch where there were not playing Pirate ball, but seem to be back to their old self in beating LC-M. 

You have Nederland who is riddle with injury and have Mr. Forney who appears to be the man they need at QB.  They have lost to the likes of Ozen, but seem to be turning the corner.  Both teams are turning it on at the right time.  I really don't know.  I've been rolling with Vidor all year, but they have came up short a few times.  Heck, I have to go against them this time (sorry, Rustedcutlas).  Nederland 28-27.
[/quote]Came up short a few times? We lost to a very good PNG and to Central by 1. Sorry Soul Man but I am afraid you will have the same experience when you play PNG! VIDOR by at least 2 TDs. :o

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="685142" timestamp="1256408142"]
Ned    38                   running the ball all night long is not going to work for Vidor

Vidor   17
[/quote]you have [b]GOT[/b] to be kidden'.  What are you smokin' over there across the river?  You eating to many doggie bones.  How many times does Vidor have to prove themselves before you understand that the Pirates football team is for real?  You better start getten' scared, REAL SCERRREEEED.  Lock your  doors, bar your windows, hide your women and children, Cause the Pirates are comming to town. 

[size=18pt]Friday, 10/30/09 - 7:30PM  [/size]===>  [img]http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300/A_Ship_with_a_Skull_and_Crossbones_Flag_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090107-131626-326018.jpg[/img]

[size=18pt]Friday, 10/30/09 - 10:15PM[/size] ===>  [img]http://www.picturesof.net/_images_300/A_Sinking_Pirate_Ship_In_a_Storm_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090105-121429-355018.jpg[/img]

[size=16pt][b]Seriously though, it should be one helluva good game!!![/b][/size]

Nederland is coming together now.... got some players back into action that have been out due to injuries.  Looked really good against Livingston Friday night. The boys getting to practice another week with Dionte  I believe will be dangerous for the Pirates.  Neuman has playoffs on the mind and is looking to win Friday night.  I am going with the DOGS for the W especially when the Pirates are playing at the DOG HOUSE.

[quote name="Ned11str8" post="685142" timestamp="1256408142"]
Ned    38                   running the ball all night long is not going to work for Vidor

Vidor   17
[/quote]

We shall see... I have read this comment before... and so far it only didn't work against PN-G.... I just hope Big Ned has thier Track shoes on..... Cause we will be  heading straight at you all night long.... and when we pop one... we are usually 15 yds down the field before anyone notices it.... 2 play from Scrimmage against PN-G BOOM 60 yds+ ... unfortunatly for us it was the only big play we made all night....

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="686606" timestamp="1256575196"]
[quote author=Ned11str8 link=topic=61263.msg685142#msg685142 date=1256408142]
Ned    38                   running the ball all night long is not going to work for Vidor

Vidor   17
[/quote]

We shall see... I have read this comment before... and so far it only didn't work against PN-G.... I just hope Big Ned has thier Track shoes on..... Cause we will be  heading straight at you all night long.... and when we pop one... we are usually 15 yds down the field before anyone notices it.... 2 play from Scrimmage against PN-G BOOM 60 yds+ ... unfortunatly for us it was the only big play we made all night....
[/quote]

Honest question here.. Not slamming in any way.. I know the Pirates are good, but... What is the difference in Vidor's offense from last year to this year?

The reason I ask is that Nederland's defense last season was quite possibly one of the worst in school history and seemed to handle the ground game just fine at Vidor's Homecoming on Halloween last season. If I remember correctly, Vidor actually had to resort to throwing the football and did have some success doing so. Nederland's defense is still not a strength, but they are a lot better than last year's version. Is Vidor's offense THAT MUCH better this year?

I think this is going to be a wonderful football game. If Nederland can slow down the Pirates run game then it may come down to the kicking game. I'd give the Dogs the edge there. Should be a great ballgame in my opinion. Pirates will be hungry to punch their playoff ticket and the Dogs are fighting for their playoff lives!

Jake, may come down to a fake punt in the kicking game, we are due. ;D This game comes down to the wire with the [b]winner scoring on last possesion[/b]. Vidor will run the ball all over the Dogs but what usually hurts their drives is fumbles and penalties. Vidor's secondary is subject to the pass, if they try and man up again Dogs will have some big plays in this one. Linebackers watch the ball not the nut game. Senior night at the Doghouse makes it more interesting.

Nederland will put up a good fight. Vidor really looked good against LCM though. I think the difference this year is the defense is coming around very nicely now.  Vidor will be too tough though. The kicking game is also looking MUCH better now. They nailed one last week but the ref didnt count it for some reason guess they didnt get snap off in time...    Vidor 35 Nederland 20

Ironically, the Pirates enter this game exactly as the Bulldogs did last season.. Looking to punch their playoff ticket on the road. The Bulldogs are in the position that the Pirates were last season. They are fighting for their playoff lives after an unexpected loss to Ozen(same as Vidor last season). Can the Pirates win the big one on the road to get over the hump? Neumann should have the Bulldogs ready and I know Matthews will have the Pirates prepared and pumped up! Can't wait till Friday!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86