*Crosby vs. BH/Crosby wins 21-16/Comments

Wow two shots at me.  You're right I'm not the eternal optimist; just call 'em like I see 'em.  Believe me when I say this...Dayton has MORE talent this year then they did last year but have not put it all together as of yet.  Yes, last year's team had 2 of the absolute best HS Football players I've ever seen but I don't believe the supporting cast was as good as this year's.  Ploch is an absolute stud though and the youngsters have a ton of talent and they're starting to find their way.  One thing you will find is that I believe 100% in the coaching staff and if there's a way to win then they're going to find it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="gcmbigdaddy" post="688521" timestamp="1256740284"]
i am sorry. it is coaching that is the hill's problem. if Jerry stewart comes to bh they become the new powerhouse in the district. Good coaching helps couch out all of the mental mistales kids make continually. another thing is price does not give a crap about his kids. stewart helps his kids get opportunities to play at the next level. price does not.
[/quote]

^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

But i doubt it ever happens . Jerry gets paid pretty well over there in dayton . My son was approached by Jerry stewart back when he was a youngster telling him to keep up the excellent work . my sons been in that atmosphere . then moved out of dayton into Barbers Hill where i graduated back in 1982 and the atomosphere has changed quite a bit . not the same as it used to be . Barbers hill still has athletes

[quote name="whitewolf09" post="688620" timestamp="1256747394"]
[quote author=gcmbigdaddy link=topic=61233.msg688521#msg688521 date=1256740284]
i am sorry. it is coaching that is the hill's problem. if Jerry stewart comes to bh they become the new powerhouse in the district. Good coaching helps couch out all of the mental mistales kids make continually. another thing is price does not give a crap about his kids. stewart helps his kids get opportunities to play at the next level. price does not.
[/quote]

^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

But i doubt it ever happens . Jerry gets paid pretty well over there in dayton . My son was approached by Jerry stewart back when he was a youngster telling him to keep up the excellent work . my sons been in that atmosphere . then moved out of dayton into Barbers Hill where i graduated back in 1982 and the atomosphere has changed quite a bit . not the same as it used to be . Barbers hill still has athletes
[/quote]

When you find a good one you gotta do whatever it takes to keep him and we all know we've got one of the absolute best here in Dayton.

[quote name="rollinac" post="688626" timestamp="1256747589"]
[quote author=whitewolf09 link=topic=61233.msg688620#msg688620 date=1256747394]
[/quote]

^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

[/quote]

When you find a good one you gotta do whatever it takes to keep him and we all know we've got one of the absolute best here in Dayton.
[/quote]

Very much true we just need to find a good one . yes price may have been a god coach back when he started here but his time is up BH needs to find a new coach a coach i can think of would be that coach byrd guy at bh now my son tells me he can keep you on your heals and wants to win . to me he sounds like a classy guy but ive never met the guy in person so i cant vouge for him . but it is indeed time for a new HEAD COACH AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR . and i think many can agree with me on that . we could use faircloth also . hes got a great program over in PNG as a first year coach thats a great accomplishment at 8-0 . wow . great . but i am sure he is gonna be there for yeas to come . so who can take this job of price and do a good job any opnions .

[quote name="Ranger83" post="688580" timestamp="1256744882"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61233.msg688575#msg688575 date=1256744688]
I wouldn't jump too far off the bandwagon.  Dayton has been playing erratic all year mainly due to quite a bit of youth on the field but they have shown when they put it together they can be downright awesome.  If they can get consistent and get on a roll they can beat anyone in this region, large or small.
[/quote]

If a frog had wings.....
[/quote] Its hard for alot of people looking from the outside in to see the calculated vision Jerry Steward has for his program. Dayton is one of a handfull of elite programs that is considered a playoff threat every year no ifs about it and that reputation was earned and is well deserved. Stewart is famous for making adjustments to find the right optimum combination of players to make the whole team better. It may take him most of the regular season to do it ,but you can bet by the time playoffs roll around the Bronco's have morphed into a serious contender. -- And everybody knows when the playoff princess kisses a frog with or without wings it turns into a Bronco. :P

wow, y'all are hopeless.......going to playoffs and still rag on the coach.......If you think Price does not care for his kids....your wrong.....
If you think you need a new coach go get one..............and my guess is y'all will be worse off.....
Why would a[b] good[/b] coach come to a district in which the previous coach had won and set a winning tradition and still get bashed by the community!!!!
If you want to blame the coach that is your business........but blame him for the right reasons..........YOUR IN THE PLAYOFFS......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="688665" timestamp="1256750234"]
wow, y'all are hopeless.......going to playoffs and still rag on the coach.......If you think Price does not care for his kids....your wrong.....
If you think you need a new coach go get one..............and my guess is y'all will be worse off.....
Why would a[b] good[/b] coach come to a district in which the previous coach had won and set a winning tradition and still get bashed by the community!!!!
If you want to blame the coach that is your business........but blame him for the right reasons..........YOUR IN THE PLAYOFFS......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Many coaches would apply for a BH coaching job in any sport.
It's called $$$$$$$$$$.

[quote name="whitewolf09" post="688620" timestamp="1256747394"]
[/quote]

^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

[/quote]

Of course BH has athletes...its just that they don't have (or had) ELITE athletes...THAT is the difference IMO.  Wolf, guess we played together!...it was no different for our '82 team, lots of hardworking, but average athletes that had a great season, 9-1 (loss was a fluke!).  Then two and done in playoffs.  Same story for many years..no different now.  Good thing coach Bob went into real estate, ha.
Time for this thread to die, lol.

[quote name="whitewolf09" post="688646" timestamp="1256748963"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61233.msg688626#msg688626 date=1256747589]
[/quote]

^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very much true we just need to find a good one . yes price may have been a god coach back when he started here but his time is up BH needs to find a new coach a coach i can think of would be that coach byrd guy at bh now my son tells me he can keep you on your heals and wants to win . to me he sounds like a classy guy but ive never met the guy in person so i cant vouge for him . but it is indeed time for a new HEAD COACH AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR . and i think many can agree with me on that . we could use faircloth also . hes got a great program over in PNG as a first year coach thats a great accomplishment at 8-0 . wow . great . but i am sure he is gonna be there for yeas to come . so who can take this job of price and do a good job any opnions .
[/quote]

From reading and looking at your post Whitewolf.......it looks like you didn't do well in English in HS.  You say you graduated from BH in 82'.    They should fire the teacher who passed you in English.

I agree with Hillguy......the mods need to shut this thread down.  It has turned into nothing positive.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="688674" timestamp="1256750945"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=61233.msg688665#msg688665 date=1256750234]
[/quote]

It's called $$$$$$$$$$.
[/quote]Your right $$$$ does help. but there is $$$$$$$$ all around, esp houston.  You might get a coach, but probally not one with a good track record or experience.  You will end up with a sub par or par coach and wish you would have kept Price!  AGAIN GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Golden Triangle" post="688691" timestamp="1256751907"]
[quote author=whitewolf09 link=topic=61233.msg688646#msg688646 date=1256748963]
[/quote]

^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

From reading and looking at your post Whitewolf.......it looks like you didn't do well in English in HS.   You say you graduated from BH in 82'.    They should fire the teacher who passed you in English.

I agree with Hillguy......the mods need to shut this thread down.   It has turned into nothing positive.
[/quote]

Positive is, as positive does!  

I think you meant to say '82. The apostrophe takes the place of the 19. It's a common mistake.

[quote name="hitman009" post="688474" timestamp="1256737142"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=61233.msg688284#msg688284 date=1256698342]
[quote author=oldrock link=topic=61233.msg688264#msg688264 date=1256697471]
As a matter of fact my rebuttal is the fact that whoever quoted the stats and said that BH was #10 in the state needs to do a little more research.  BH is actually #10 in the Houston area ONLY.  There are probably a couple of dozen 5A teams in this state and a couple of dozen 4A teams that have more yardage.  And yes they have more yardage than us to.  According to where these stats are taken from (Houston Chronicle)  BH and Dayton are less than 300 yards apart in total offense.
[/quote]
I'm glad that I didn't quote the stats.  :D :D
My only point.. really is that BH has athletes..in every sport.
They may lack some depth @ some positions in the Texas king of sports...
Still one of smallest 4A schools in the state...
BH Football 2009..quit giving up the football !
Make the playoffs avg'ing 3-5 to's a game....You got some athletes.
[/quote]I would love to agree with you but it is the system.............. not athletes.   great kids, smart and will do what you coach them to do..............but if you took those same kids and measured size, speed and strength you would would not match up with the rest of the district........
to the Kids: keep fighting,work hard, do what your coached to do and BELIEVE........
To Parents and Fans: don't jump on the ban wagon just when your winning......but all of the time....if the wheels fall off, fix it and jump back on. Support your whole system (including coaches). Don't bash, negativity only hurts the program (your kids)

[/quote]

Ok Coach   ;)

When you get all of those figures of Size, Speed & Strength please post the results, until then that is your believe which happens to be WRONG. I can't even understand that mind set that every team in our district has more talent that BH?????? Has living on a saltdome somehow made the district a weaker life form?

Oh and sorry i'm not into all of that Kum Bi Ya junk and positive re encouragment! Little Johnny will be ok. Thats pretty much why the USA is in that state it is now. Negativity is brought on by the actions of those receiving them! As a tax paying member of BHISD I believe I have the right to speak about things that are poor or below average at the school my kids attend. I don't call it Bashing it's and Opinion everyone is welcome to one wether it's right or wrong. If opinions bothers anyone then 1.) dont read them 2.) Get a job that isn't paid for by the public. 3.) Listen and change.

God I want to stop this thread ,but its imposible!!!! Last post by me I'm going to watch this one sail to page 2 ;D

[quote name="Ranger83" post="688699" timestamp="1256752236"]
[quote author=Golden Triangle link=topic=61233.msg688691#msg688691 date=1256751907]
[quote author=whitewolf09 link=topic=61233.msg688646#msg688646 date=1256748963]
[/quote]

^^^^^ Agreed  ;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

From reading and looking at your post Whitewolf.......it looks like you didn't do well in English in HS.   You say you graduated from BH in 82'.    They should fire the teacher who passed you in English.

I agree with Hillguy......the mods need to shut this thread down.   It has turned into nothing positive.
[/quote]

Positive is, as positive does!  

I think you meant to say '82. The apostrophe takes the place of the 19. It's a common mistake.
[/quote]

Ok you got me......but in my defense I didn't attend or graduate from BH. 

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="BHFAN" post="688702" timestamp="1256752311"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=61233.msg688474#msg688474 date=1256737142]
As a matter of fact my rebuttal is the fact that whoever quoted the stats and said that BH was #10 in the state needs to do a little more research.  BH is actually #10 in the Houston area ONLY.  There are probably a couple of dozen 5A teams in this state and a couple of dozen 4A teams that have more yardage.  And yes they have more yardage than us to.  According to where these stats are taken from (Houston Chronicle)  BH and Dayton are less than 300 yards apart in total offense.
[/quote]
[/quote]I would love to agree with you but it is the system.............. not athletes.   great kids, smart and will do what you coach them to do..............but if you took those same kids and measured size, speed and strength you would would not match up with the rest of the district........
to the Kids: keep fighting,work hard, do what your coached to do and BELIEVE........
To Parents and Fans: don't jump on the ban wagon just when your winning......but all of the time....if the wheels fall off, fix it and jump back on. Support your whole system (including coaches). Don't bash, negativity only hurts the program (your kids)

[/quote]

Ok Coach   ;)

When you get all of those figures of Size, Speed & Strength please post the results, until then that is your believe which happens to be WRONG. I can't even understand that mind set that every team in our district has more talent that BH?????? Has living on a saltdome somehow made the district a weaker life form?

Oh and sorry i'm not into all of that Kum Bi Ya junk and positive re encouragment! Little Johnny will be ok. Thats pretty much why the USA is in that state it is now. Negativity is brought on by the actions of those receiving them! As a tax paying member of BHISD I believe I have the right to speak about things that are poor or below average at the school my kids attend. I don't call it Bashing it's and Opinion everyone is welcome to one wether it's right or wrong. If opinions bothers anyone then 1.) dont read them 2.) Get a job that isn't paid for by the public. 3.) Listen and change.

God I want to stop this thread ,but its imposible!!!! Last post by me I'm going to watch this one sail to page 2 ;D

[/quote]

I think you meant to say Page 10. It's a common mistake.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="688702" timestamp="1256752311"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok Coach   ;)

[/quote]TRACK AND POWERLIFTING IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER

[quote name="Ranger83" post="688709" timestamp="1256752554"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=61233.msg688702#msg688702 date=1256752311]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok Coach   ;)

[/quote]

I think you meant to say Page 10. It's a common mistake.
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="hitman009" post="688698" timestamp="1256752207"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=61233.msg688674#msg688674 date=1256750945]
[/quote]

It's called $$$$$$$$$$.
[/quote]Your right $$$$ does help. but there is $$$$$$$$ all around, esp houston.  You might get a coach, but probally not one with a good track record or experience.  You will end up with a sub par or par coach and wish you would have kept Price!  AGAIN GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!
[/quote]

I have stated nothing  positive or negative about Price or any other coach for that matter. Your question was why any coach would want to come to BH. The answer is simple...it's money. BH pays well..very well, better than Houston...especially if you are talking HISD.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="688716" timestamp="1256753212"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=61233.msg688698#msg688698 date=1256752207]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=61233.msg688674#msg688674 date=1256750945]
[/quote]

It's called $$$$$$$$$$.
[/quote]

I have stated nothing  positive or negative about Price or any other coach for that matter. Your question was why any coach would want to come to BH. The answer is simple...it's money. BH pays well..very well, better than Houston...especially if you are talking HISD.
[/quote]

BH would be a great place for anyone to coach. Great kids, improving facilities, $$$$$.

People keep taliking about a "big name" coach. Give me two "big names" and why they would leave the position they are in to come to BH. Nothing against BH, but why would you leave a good gig?

[quote name="bh34" post="686329" timestamp="1256531146"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=61233.msg685754#msg685754 date=1256487888]
[quote author=whitewolf09 link=topic=61233.msg684975#msg684975 date=1256397806]
So guys .. are we going to the playoffs or not ... I think after this year price needs to hang the coat up
[/quote]I don't understand you so called Barbers Hill fans! All y'all do is blame Price. answer me this:
Have you ever had a coach with a better winning record?
How many times has he taken you to the playoffs?
Is he still getting the job done?
I hate to say it BH parents and fans, but y'all are out matched every year.  If you took the whole district position by position, and matched them up athletically...........you might win one o line position! You are out muscled, out sized, and you don't have speed...this is every year....so how do you win???
TALENT and talent is COACHED.....If anything you should be thanking Price for winning so much despite these odds....maybe a raise or hug or kiss or something!!!!!........Maybe a little appreciation!!!!........that might work!!!!!
[/quote]

I agree hitman!!!  We've got a one year varsity QB,(hence the 4 interceptions) we've got how many Soph. starting?  One of our best defensive players out, two great receivers out, our starting (soph.) runningback out, although Stubbs did a good job.  Every game we've lost (except GCM) we've lost because of inexperienced mistakes, and I'll say GCM game could fall in that category also.  Matt has done a great job and given a 110% effort, but the inexperience shows it's ugly head from time to time.  We used to get by with a one year QB in 3a, but in 4a the talent is bigger,better and faster.  Go ahead and get rid of Price this year and get ready to sacrifice the next couple of years...usually first year coaches, statistically ,don't win when they take over a new program...and our track record hasn't been to good when it come to hiring top notch coaching. 
[/quote]

Yo yo not fair to those cougars they've picked off everyone... and thats just a knock on your own QB hes better than most don't take anything negative from this loss yall played your butts off and got beat... the cougs gave them 3 chances to mount game winning drive two times you got picked off, one was a 3 and out... givem thier props and don't blame your QB it was hardly his fault yall lost.

PLEASE...
CTRL - ALT - DEL
THIS THREAD!

Cliff Note summary of the thread...
Crosby beat Barbers Hill for Barbers Hill 3rd lose in a row.

Many adults from Barbers Hill are crying...
FIRE COACH PRICE!

Other people from around the area are trying to show Barbers Hill fans that simply because you lose a game doesn't mean it's the coaches fault, maybe just maybe the other team has BETTER ATHLETES.

This leads some to conclude that many Barbers Hill fans have delusions of grandeur when it comes to winning football games...
See below definition...
Grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur are a type of delusion characterized by fantastical [b]beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful[/b]. It is a criterion for psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia or bipolar mania. Delusions of grandeur are generally fantastic, often with a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious bent (for example, belief that one is an incarnation of Jesus Christ ([i]or has an unbeatable high school football team[/i])). In psychiatry, grandiose delusions are one of several diagnostic criteria for schizophrenia[1] and bipolar mania. Delusions of grandeur are distinct from megalomania or narcissism, in [b]that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality.[/b]

Some true facts about Barbers Hill football since going to 4A.
Their athletes perform well, play 110%, and display excellent sportsmanship (which bodes well for the coaching staff).
They have 0 playoff wins.
Their total football program might have about 3 wins (from 7th to varsity) against their neighbors to the north (the 2 time defending Region III champs).
Reality for Barbers Hill is to be REALISTIC when it comes to football.
Basketball season is right around the corner, and then comes baseball (mixed in with golf and tennis).
And lastly....
How many posts will there be to fire the Barbers Hill coach after their elimination from the playoffs?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="689278" timestamp="1256824497"]
Question, You guys associated with the surrounding schools would know this...Does Coach Stewart at Dayton, Flanigan at Crosby, or Boyd at GCM travel with their team? Do they actually take the bus, or their personal vehicles, and if not, do you think they should?

[/quote]

Coach Boyd rides the bus with HIS team. He spends time going over things with the QB's (etc..) that need to be addressed for the game.

[quote name="FOOTBALLFEVER99" post="689278" timestamp="1256824497"]
Question, You guys associated with the surrounding schools would know this...Does Coach Stewart at Dayton, Flanigan at Crosby, or Boyd at GCM travel with their team? Do they actually take the bus, or their personal vehicles, and if not, do you think they should?

[/quote]

We have 2 coaches per bus I think, and the rest caravan with the buses in a couple of personal vehicles. I don't think it says anything negative about the Coach if he doesn't ride the bus.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder