Do u think the raiders

My outlook says it won't be good. But I will say this....if the Raiders don't make the playoff, there will be at least 1 maybe 2 teams going that won't last long....catch my drift.  The better team sometimes doesn't always win. But it is what it is.

[quote name="BORAM" post="683289" timestamp="1256245914"]
My outlook says it won't be good. But I will say this....if the Raiders don't make the playoff, there will be at least 1 maybe 2 teams going that won't last long....catch my drift.  The better team sometimes doesn't always win. But it is what it is.
[/quote]
lol,  and the excuses begin

[quote name="vhs" post="683307" timestamp="1256247712"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=61185.msg683289#msg683289 date=1256245914]
[/quote]
[/quote]
What is your excuse. VHS should have never lost a game this year. They should have mopped up 20-4A with the experience that they had returning. If it wasn't for the penalties and a fumble on the 20yrd line Lumberton would have won that game. WE out ran, out passed vidor and out played vidor look at the stats. Sometimes its all about the luck.

[quote name="goodsport" post="683317" timestamp="1256248756"]
[quote author=vhs link=topic=61185.msg683307#msg683307 date=1256247712]
My outlook says it won't be good. But I will say this....if the Raiders don't make the playoff, there will be at least 1 maybe 2 teams going that won't last long....catch my drift.  The better team sometimes doesn't always win. But it is what it is.
[/quote]
lol,  and the excuses begin
[/quote]
What is your excuse. VHS should have never lost a game this year. They should have mopped up 20-4A with the experience that they had returning. If it wasn't for the penalties and a fumble on the 20yrd line Lumberton would have won that game. WE out ran, out passed vidor and out played vidor look at the stats. Sometimes its all about the luck.
[/quote]I guess it was luck also when Ozen beat yall??

[quote name="BORAM" post="683289" timestamp="1256245914"]
[/quote]

Back in the day when one team made the playoff there always were hard luck cases that missed out on the playoffs, but with 4 teams going it is hard to feel sorry for a team that misses out and equally difficult to accept that a worthy team was left out of the playoffs.

Lumberton still can show that they have what it takes.

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

okay, you beat us in every stat, except of course the most important one of all.  FINAL SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, since we are making excuses.  hey goodsport, what exactly is your excuse for the fumble on the 20yd line.  Please dont say bad luck because it was an obvious forced fumble.  And if we want to talk about the penalties, I would blame that on lack of discipline. 

you really are not doing your team any justice by saying that if they don't make the play-offs, then the teams that do won't get very far. Half of the district is going, if your team doesn't then don't put the others down because you are mad and disappointed! Every team gets lucky and/or unlucky breaks through the season. It's the teams that adjust to those breaks the best that end up succeeding. Don't bring your team down by whining about what coulda/shoulda been!

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Dude I think you need to change your name! Look at the stats as you say "The Pirates own 20-4A’s top-ranked offense, averaging 380 yards a game, 335.8 of it coming via the ground." and "The Pirates own 20-4A’s second-ranked defense, one that allows 259.6 yards per outing." this was taken from the Orange Leader article about the LCM Vidor game tomorrow night. It is not luck when a fumble is caused. What bad luck caused Lumberton to lose to the team we beat 21-7?

[quote name="NDN79" post="683381" timestamp="1256254998"]
you really are not doing your team any justice by saying that if they don't make the play-offs, then the teams that do won't get very far. Half of the district is going, if your team doesn't then don't put the others down because you are mad and disappointed! Every team gets lucky and/or unlucky breaks through the season. It's the teams that adjust to those breaks the best that end up succeeding. Don't bring your team down by whining about what coulda/shoulda been!
[/quote]I agree totally NDN! ;D

[quote name="Domination Station" post="683385" timestamp="1256255589"]
Raider Nation:  Let it go.  We're all frustrated and there's nothing we can say to change our position.  Now, maybe after tomorrow night.......  
[/quote]It will be really tough for Lumberton to make it. You still have some tough games ahead and Ozen can close you out with 2 more wins! But anything can happen in HS football! ;D

if lumberton wants to make up for all the mistakes, if they want to prove people wrong, if they really,really want the playoffs, then tomorrow night play convincing hard nose,mistake free football and beat png! is it that easy? well how bad do you really want it boys?

[quote name="wolfgang" post="683401" timestamp="1256257486"]
if lumberton wants to make up for all the mistakes, if they want to prove people wrong, if they really,really want the playoffs, then tomorrow night play convincing hard nose,mistake free football and beat png! is it that easy? well how bad do you really want it boys?
[/quote]

Excellent post wolfgang!!!

[quote name="outanup" post="683410" timestamp="1256258198"]
Cant see the Ltrain running the ball against PNG. Hughes and his receivers will need a big night to pull this one off. Ltown has a pretty stout D but my gut says they will spend too much time on the field. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]  you are right, the playbook will definately need to have a little more imagination if you are going to be competetive with their D, and I can definitely see lumbertons D being on the field alot. this is just an an assessment from the previous games, at this stage in the game you have to take more chances if you want to see the post season. with that being said,  boys, play your heart out tomorrow night, win or lose we are still behind you!

[quote name="Pirate for Life!" post="683383" timestamp="1256255489"]
[quote author=goodsport link=topic=61185.msg683317#msg683317 date=1256248756]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Dude I think you need to change your name! Look at the stats as you say "The Pirates own 20-4A’s top-ranked offense, averaging 380 yards a game, 335.8 of it coming via the ground." and "The Pirates own 20-4A’s second-ranked defense, one that allows 259.6 yards per outing." this was taken from the Orange Leader article about the LCM Vidor game tomorrow night. It is not luck when a fumble is caused. What bad luck caused Lumberton to lose to the team we beat 21-7?
[/quote]

OH!  Because the PIRATES couldn't beat them no one can beat them ....... what a joke ....... L-TRAIN needs to step up and do what Vidor is incapable off ...... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Vidor faithful, enjoy your 15 mins of fame. This is your "stars align and everything goes right" season is now. very much like the 07 team from Lumberton that had its most upper-classmen ever on the field, had played from 7th-12th grade for nobody but Credeur, and it all clicked. you will lose the majority of your lettermen as the Raiders have already and you will be forced to reload. much like last years TX Tech team that beat my longhorns...they had a great year coming, its over and now they return to mediocrity.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder