Wildest- Jasper

Most Overconfident- Kirbyville or Lumberton

Most likely to all cheer in unison- Bridge City

Most Supportive- Orangefield

Least knowledgeable- LC-M or Ozen

Scariest- Central

Me?  Scary?  Naaaaw!

Guest rykerx144

what about us vidor fans?  has anyone been to a vidor road game and seen so many fans on the visitor side? sometimes we have more fans then the home team  lol

thats because sometimes you play private schools with about 1/8th the enrollment!  lol  ;)

what about us vidor fans?  has anyone been to a vidor road game and seen so many fans on the visitor side? sometimes we have more fans then the home team  lol

thats because sometimes you play private schools with about 1/8th the enrollment!  lol  ;)

lol ....plus this year there is not much room for parking....

Winning has a lot to do with fan support both at home and on the road.

When a team starts losing, there are a lot of fans dressed up as empty seats!

I think Vidor has the best fans in my opinion. They support their teams through good and bad.

PN-G, Lumberton, and Nederland have great crowd support. But, those schools have a lot better showing when the team is winning. Lumberton's playoff crowd vs. LaMarque two years ago was ELECTRIC! I have also seen some great PN-G and Nederland playoff crowds as well.

I being a BC fan have to say the fan support in BC is very good. Most of the fans are parents of their kids that are involved with the team, band, strutters, etc. There are some faithful that go to the games to see the game that don't have kids involved. Then there are the parents of the little kids that go just to bring their kids. Over a 10 year period you would find a large turn over in the people who attend. I'm sure that is the case at most schools. However, I would say that PNG has the best fan support. I worked with some PNG fans that went to their games anywear or in all conditions. They even brought me to some and we had to get there by 6:00 pm and the stands were full by about 6:30 pm. They were the loudest I have ever seen. Some old dude had an air horn and he would blow the thing when things would quiet down and yell out too bits and then the noise would start up again. I had to say it was fun. I have made a point of going to watch different teams every year play. Lufkin vs South Lake Carrol, Newton vs whoever in their state championship game, WOS vs Jasper, PNG vs LCM just to name a few. The PNG vs LCM game was when PNG did not have a good team and their stands were packed and the noise was just as intense. I also saw Nederland vs Thomas Jefferson play when TJ was awarded the 5Th down. That was a very large crowd also but not as intense as any of the PNG games that I saw. I would have to say Orangefield and Bridge city have good crowds also but if the team is having a down year then the stands reflect the quality of the team. Just about any school has this problem but I think PNG doesn't suffer as much as others. PNG by far has the best fans with Nederland second. By the way I have seen many of Orangefields games also.

Of all the games that Dayton has played over the last five years...

The best student section at an away game has to go to the Lumberton Raiders.

They played Dayton here (the year before they beat us in Lumberton) and got thumped by the Broncos, but the student section was just AWEsome.

Alot of the kids had face paint on and they were continually encouraging their team.

I won't forget how much fun these kids were having supporting their players even though they were getting hammered.

They played Dayton here (the year before they beat us in Lumberton) and got thumped by the Broncos, but the student section was just AWEsome.

Alot of the kids had face paint on and they were continually encouraging their team.

I won't forget how much fun these kids were having supporting their players even though they were getting hammered.

Now that would not have anything to do with you being employed there now would it!!!! ;D

Now that would not have anything to do with you being employed there now would it!!!! ;D

Not employed by Lumberton...

It was neat seeing those students really support their team in spite of getting beat really bad (believe the final was 56 to 7 or something like that).

The fan base starts with the Coach and the support he gets from the Superintendent.  PNG and Nederland have been doing it right for a long time.  Lumberton is doing 1000 times better now with coach Credeur than with the previous coach Fuller.  They also changed superintendents.  The Beaumont schools don't seem to have a big fan support.  When you consider the enrollment numbers, Lumberton is around 1000 and Central is 1500 and there's really no comparison in the crowd.  Vidor seems to be doing well with their fan support and no doubt Mathews is well liked.

Guest Ranger83

The fan base starts with the Coach and the support he gets from the Superintendent.  PNG and Nederland have been doing it right for a long time.  Lumberton is doing 1000 times better now with coach Credeur than with the previous coach Fuller.  They also changed superintendents.  The Beaumont schools don't seem to have a big fan support.  When you consider the enrollment numbers, Lumberton is around 1000 and Central is 1500 and there's really no comparison in the crowd.  Vidor seems to be doing well with their fan support and no doubt Mathews is well liked.

Let's see.....One school town=good fan support.  Multiple school town=poor fan support.  Do I see a correlation here? There are always exceptions to the rule, Katy for example. In that case, winning cures everything!

Winning is a part of it, but it's certainly not all of it.  Go back to your example Ranger, Lumberton's fans were non existent for years. Many kids didn't go out because of the coach.  LCM has been up and down over the years and doing a lot better this year after a coaching change.  HF is not doing well at all and that definitely starts with the coach and administration.  WOS, obviously they've been doing it right for a long time also, they have a good fan support for a small school and a very popular coach.

Lot of teams have good fans including PNG (of which I am a fan).  But last year when we played Ozen on Halloween, our side was almost empty!  And as far as picking up fans as you go further into the playoff - a lot of those are other fans from other schools in the area.

Not me! I was at Ozen eating a turkey leg and a popcorn ball. Best football food in 20-4A. I wish we had that kinda food at our concession stand!

How the elementary schools treat the high school games also adds a lot to the future of the fan base.

The first song you learn at Port Neches ISD is Cherokee.

You are raised to be an Indian in that school district and it does make a difference in the fan support.

If the school of my employment ever does have an off week, I will always try to get and watch PN-G play.

It's part of that "special spirit" that you leave behind when you graduate from PN-G.

It's hard to relay this message unless you went through it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder