Former grad and LC-M asst coach passes away

Robert Dean an LC-M grad and former asst coach passed away ay his home in Luling. He was the AD at Luling. He was found after he did not show up for work. Please pray for the family. KOGT will have more on this.

Thank you from ALL the LC-M family

Former local coach Dean passes away in Luling

Leader Sports

The Orange Leader

Luling head football coach Robert Dean was found dead this morning at his home, a Luling ISD official confirmed to the American-Statesman. The cause of death has not yet been confirmed.

Dean is a 1986 graduate of Little Cypress-Mauriceville, where he also played football. Dean went on to become an assistant at both LC-M and Orangefield.

He left Orangefield to become an assistant at Luling with long-time friend Mike Stewart, also a 1986 LC-M graduate, who was the head coach at Luling two years ago.

Stewart, now the head coach at Kountze High School, left Luling in 2008 to become the Orangefield offensive coordinator. Dean received the Luling head post after Stewart departed.

Dean had missed parts of last week with pneumonia.

Luling’s game today at San Antonio Houston will still be played. Assistant coaches James Howell and Gene Scoggin will assume the head coaching duties.

The Eagles are 1-4 this year. Luling won its first game under Dean on Sept. 18 with a 32-25 win over Goliad.

I was lucky enough to get to coach with "Deano" at Orangefield and McNeese Football Camps, What a blast! good coach, better person. I know we all have a Robert Dean story and here's mine. Me and another coach were in the coaches office on our conference period and we had these high back swivel chairs in the office. Well Deano was napping in his chair and had it leaned back as far as it would go. The chair suddenly made this loud "pop" and the chair leaned back even further, well, Deano's eyes got big and he started windmilling both arms to try and get his balance back and I thought me and the other assistant were going to hyperventilate from laughing so hard. Deano got his balance back and let us have it for laughing. Too funny. Damn, I'm gonna miss having him around, one of a kind guy.

I want to thank everyone on here for the warm memories and great comments about Robert. His daughters, my step daughters, have been reading everyone's comments. Thank you all so much, it is helping the girls to know how many friends he has and how much he was liked. I was informed by his family that they will be setting up a Trust fund for his daughters in lieu of flowers. Funeral arrangements will be posted either tonight or tomorrow. I will try and keep everyone informed as I get the information from his family. If I don't post here the info will be on KOGT website. Again thank you for all your warm comments and prayers for Robert's family and espically his daughters.

Wayne !

Hope the family the best but cannot tell you how sorry we are for you guys. Good luck and anything that any of us can do please let us know. Is there a fund or memorial in his name that has been set up?

I had the privilege to play for Coach Dean at LCM. He made a big impact in my life and taught me some of the basic principles for success; hard work, sacrifice, passion, and love...Thank you Coach Dean, you were one of the BEST! God bless you girls...your daddy was an awesome, awesome man!

Luling honors coach Dean with a 26-13 win tonight. Ican see that big o'll smile on his face now. I went to work for LC-M will Robert was there. At the time I was mowing the feilds and marking them also, one day Robert said he wish he could do the mowing, He said he would earphones on and a chew and would only take about 3 hours. but I couldnt cause we still had to start painting the field and all of a sudden i could not find him????? WE will miss you big Rob.      frinds of feildmant. and coaching

Bubba Tipton

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86