to the jasper fans

after all this time i thought you would run wild over silsbee ,BUT NO.what was the problem and please dont say silsbee was on top of there game that night. most  of us know SILSBEE has one thing on there mind  its called WO-S,what  do u think aggie

Silsbee played a good game.  Jasper isn't a top 5 team in the state or anything, and very fortunate to have won this one.

after all this time i thought you would run wild over silsbee ,BUT NO.what was the problem and please dont say silsbee was on top of there game that night. most  of us know SILSBEE has one thing on there mind  its called WO-S,what  do u think aggie

Well then Silsbee need to get their mind were it is supposed to be at.  IF you don't pay heed to your opponents they will come up and surprise you.

I don't think there was a "problem".  Jasper had an advantage over WOS going in, and that was having two weeks to prepare.  This time around, that advantage switched to Silsbee, and Silsbee almost pulled it off.  Some folks made some crazy predictions, but I was not one of the crazies.  The game ended just like a Jasper/Silsbee game should.  In doubt to the very end.  :)  I am delighted that Silbee gave Jasper a good game.  The Dogs perhaps needed a little wake-up call of their own that no one is going to just roll over and give them the game.

Now on to district.  Both teams will have their hands full.  For sure Jasper does with the defending state champion in their district.  Jasper will have to play just about perfect football just to make the playoffs out of 18-3a.

As for the silver platter, when we get it, we keep it!  ;D

I don't think there was a "problem".  Jasper had an advantage over WOS going in, and that was having two weeks to prepare.  This time around, that advantage switched to Silsbee, and Silsbee almost pulled it off.  Some folks made some crazy predictions, but I was not one of the crazies.  The game ended just like a Jasper/Silsbee game should.  In doubt to the very end.   :)  I am delighted that Silbee gave Jasper a good game.  The Dogs perhaps needed a little wake-up call of their own that no one is going to just roll over and give them the game.

Now on to district.  Both teams will have their hands full.  For sure Jasper does with the defending state champion in their district.  Jasper will have to play just about perfect football just to make the playoffs out of 18-3a.

As for the silver platter, when we get it, we keep it!   ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

I said last week that people were making outlandish predictions saying that Jasper would dominate Silsbee. I think Silsbee had Jasper on their mind and played like it.

I for one thought jasper would have a much easier time than they did..at half time (17-7) jasper had given up one big play on defense and moved the ball well on offense.  Silsbee made good adjustments (put 11 in the box) and jasper continued to try and run with out success until the end and they opened it up and allowed alvis to throw.  Jasper is going to have to throw out of the triple option to keep the defenses honest..

I for one thought jasper would have a much easier time than they did..at half time (17-7) jasper had given up one big play on defense and moved the ball well on offense.  Silsbee made good adjustments (put 11 in the box) and jasper continued to try and run with out success until the end and they opened it up and allowed alvis to throw.  Jasper is going to have to throw out of the triple option to keep the defenses honest..

Yeah I think they need some more diversity on offense.  They showed a few wrinkles against WO-S so I am sure they are putting in more all the time.

Yeah I think they need some more diversity on offense.  They showed a few wrinkles against WO-S so I am sure they are putting in more all the time.

So Jasper did not run the spread at all against Silsbee?

So Jasper did not run the spread at all against Silsbee?

Oh yes they did. Every play in those last two offensive set of series. Up until those last two possesions for Jasper, they may have thrown 4 times. They passed 9 times those last two possessions, out of the spread.

Jasper ran the spread nearly the entire game against WOS. Definitely caught us off guard.

It is really weird.  All these years that Jasper hung its hat on the spread, they were not particularly successful with it.  Now, with another primary offensive approach, Jasper seems to be having good success with the spread.  Go figure.  Clearly, it is giving other teams two totally different offenses to prepare for.  From what I can see of Bickham, I would not be surprised if he pulls something else out of his hat somewhere down the road.

Jasper ran the spread nearly the entire game against WOS. Definitely caught us off guard.

It is really weird.  All these years that Jasper hung its hat on the spread, they were not particularly successful with it.  Now, with another primary offensive approach, Jasper seems to be having good success with the spread.  Go figure.  Clearly, it is giving other teams two totally different offenses to prepare for.  From what I can see of Bickham, I would not be surprised if he pulls something else out of his hat somewhere down the road.

LOL not particularly successful running the spread??? your kidding me right?? Jasper installed the spread in 01 and played 14 games in 4A football and on 02 played 14 games in 3A football then in 03 played 14 games and in 04  played 16 games. thats 58 games in 4 years i think that is pretty successful!! granted only played 11 games in 05 and just 10 in 06 which was the last year of the true spread.

LOL not particularly successful running the spread??? your kidding me right?? Jasper installed the spread in 01 and played 14 games in 4A football and on 02 played 14 games in 3A football then in 03 played 14 games and in 04  played 16 games. thats 58 games in 4 years i think that is pretty successful!! granted only played 11 games in 05 and just 10 in 06 which was the last year of the true spread.

I have to agree with JDog to some degree.  The version of the spread Jasper had been running during the last 4 years were not impressive at all.  We needed a change but it is good to see we have a bit of versatility.

You are right.  I meant in "recent" years. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02