Not impressed with Roy's win over Kimbo

I am not a huge Kimbo fan at all but Nelson did not really impress me that much. I guess he felt like he could dominate him without having to damage him that much because those shots he was taking in the crucifix were not devastating at all. I do believe that Kimbo rocked him hard and if he had not gone for the knee at the end he might have sent the fight to a third round if he made it to the end of the second.

But I predict that Kimbo fights for the big boy Marcus next week and loses a second time.

I agree with both of you. He does have a good attitude and personality but I was not impressed with either of them. Roy looked sloppy and limited. Kimbo looked like he had the potential for a good stand up but looked to reserved.

in an interview with nelson the day before the fight he said they matched him up with kimbo because he was the only one that could beat him, tipping that if kimbo does fight next week he probably wins also kimbo let it leak in his interview that he was training for a december fightin the UFC so hmm.... but yeh very disappointing fight kimbo looked gun shy after all this was his first fight back in the cage from the petruzelli fight.. but like rampage said that was a big ass belly to get off you lol

Guest baseball25

They both didn't look to good but remember kimbo is a little heavyweight fighter I mean Nelson had 35 pound advantage so it was tough when you got a a guy that is big like Nelson and has a lot of experience on the ground it wasn't like kimbo was fighting a nobody.

I kept expecting Kimbo to tap out due to a belly smuther maneuver  :D

:D :D :D

I never said baseball I don't like him as a person. He actually impressed me with the way he carries himself and the blogs about him in the house have painted him as a guy who wants to learn. roy Nelson also seems like a good guy, but my point was that Nelson seemed to do "just what it took" to win. I respect both of them as people, just the fight itself was a letdown.

kimbo is a fast learner and his strong will to learn will carry him far. this fight was a big let down, roy pissed me off because he just layed there, never delivered any REAL blows. Kimbo could have taken him standing up and almost did, but throwing that knee definately ruined that chance. i think his next fight he'll show more ground skill and confidence.

I don't know if Kimbo will ever really make a huge career due to the fact that he is in his late 30's. Granted he is in phenomenal condition but I think that his age combined with the lack of true MMA experience will limit his career length. I say 5 years tops and he is done. But he could make some big money in that 5 years.

I don't know if Kimbo will ever really make a huge career due to the fact that he is in his late 30's. Granted he is in phenomenal condition but I think that his age combined with the lack of true MMA experience will limit his career length. I say 5 years tops and he is done. But he could make some big money in that 5 years.

i agree!!!

i agree!!!

Absolutely!!!!!...He would have to show some serious improvement to change my mind.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami