I agree that Lumberton vs Vidor is interesting..........BUT

PNG1992

Personally, I could care less if it's the "Game of the Week" or not.  I'd just as soon quietly keep taking care of business and fly under the radar.  Let all the other teams cry about not getting respect, or whatever.  I don't care if we get respect or not.  I'd rather have "W's"

At the beginning of the season I was wondering which game to attend when my team had a bye.  Checking the schedule didn't look very promising as most teams have byes this week.  Silsbee is in Jasper....long way...tiny stadium.  WOS is in Houston....  It looked like MCM would be my default game.  Now that is is upon us I find the Vidor/Lumberton matchup much more intriguing this year.  If Nederland was healthy I would be tempted but as they are beat up, I will be in Lumberton Friday night. :P

At the beginning of the season I was wondering which game to attend when my team had a bye.  Checking the schedule didn't look very promising as most teams have byes this week.  Silsbee is in Jasper....long way...tiny stadium.  WOS is in Houston....  It looked like MCM would be my default game.  Now that is is upon us I find the Vidor/Lumberton matchup much more intriguing this year.  If Nederland was healthy I would be tempted but as they are beat up, I will be in Lumberton Friday night. :P

Right on!  Its time to give lumberton some GlORY!  they have sucked a long time and deserve to have the spot light because they turned things around!  IT seems to me that PNG thinks that they have some sort of monopoly on the spot light.  time for someone else to shine like vidor and lumberton.  IF LCM came out and put a lot of wins on the board them they will deserve it to.  and i think lumberton will find a way to beat a bigger opponent!  Lumberton will play good ball this week!  i think vidor will be amazed at how much support lumberton has now!

I think Vidor and Lumberton both deserve some respect they have earned it. PNG and Nederland playing each other is always huge always has always will be. What ever you guys think is the most important game I promise you I can show you thousands of people who will disagree. Show up at the Reservation Friday night and there will be 15000 people at the game who knows there at the game of the week. Go to the Vidor Lumberton game and there will be a few thousand people there who knows there at the game of the week. I bet there is some other teams in this area who will call BS on both these games and say they are at the game of the week. My point is who cares about the game of the week. I think LCM and Central might well be the game of the week. They should decide the game of the week after they have been played. Then you could get a more accurate pic of how impacting the game is in its respected district.

The game of the week should be based upon the difficulty and excitment of the game. All in all in really doesn't matter. The Vidor and Lumberton game is going to be a close call. I am personally nervous for Vidor because i want them to win but who knows wht will happen. Vidor has waited so long to make it to the play-offs and this is the year for them to shine. I want vidor to win. But i say Good Luck and may the best team win!

Face it if your not from Nederland or PN-G, your nothing.  They believe that everthing should be about those two schools and everybody else is just minor leagues.  Give me a break, they can't stand that any other teams in the district is better than them.  Boo Hoo  This is probably going to start it up, but I can't stand anyone to bad mouth other schools just because they have to be the center of everybodys attention. >:( :'(

You know what if Nederland or PNG did not think that way then there is something wrong with them and if you don't think that way about Vidor year in and year out then that is what makes PNG and Nederlands game so special. I get tired of the PNG and Nederland faithful always talking up there teams but guess what they will be on here even if there team doesn't win Jack squat. You gotta respect that I know I do. Its called being faithful and congrats to those teams who have the faithful fans they are lucky.

Face it if your not from Nederland or PN-G, your nothing.  They believe that everthing should be about those two schools and everybody else is just minor leagues.  Give me a break, they can't stand that any other teams in the district is better than them.  Boo Hoo  This is probably going to start it up, but I can't stand anyone to bad mouth other schools just because they have to be the center of everybodys attention. >:( :'(

Hmmm I sense a jealousy issue.  Just look at JacktheHammer's post directly following yours.  No need for a PNG/Ned response.

Thanks Hammer for a rational response.

let me ask you one question did vidor or lumberton sell out of tickets the second day they were on sale cause PN-G did and by the way the reservation is alot bigger than yalls stadium so that just goes to show you how faithful those indians are. Thats why this game is such a big deal and i cant wait till the pirates come over to the reservation and get to see what a first class stadium we have, but most of all what kind of support we have!!!!!!!!! ;)

The funny thing about those Indian fans the night that they play you Vidor guys. They will treat you with great respect and especially treat you ball players with respect and welcome to our stadium weather win or lose. I extend my hand to you Vidor Pirates to come to my home stadium enjoy what looks to be a great game and win or lose afterwards I will by you a bbq sandwich at our concession stand and give you a tour of the home side. I respect you for being on here and supporting your team. Secretly I am sort of a Vidor fan myself and would like to see you guys have a miracle season and go 3 rounds deep. So heres to a sucessful game at the reservation for my Indians and a sucessful rest of the season for your Pirates.

Pirate Fan all the way and plenty of pride to go with it.  Let the kids play and let the war begin.  Every game in 20-4A should be the Game of the Week as every team in the district can play game with some intensity.  Should be an interesting year and may my Pirates come out on top.

No offense..BUT if you aren't from Mid county, mid county madness don't really matter to any one else..

I understand it's a great rivalry and all that ,but outside  of PNG/Nederland it's just another game.

That doesnt make any sense at all...so if you arent from Lumberton or Vidor, does that game mean anything???  Heck, why even have a game of the week if it doesnt matter to anyone living outside of those districts? 

Png fans complaining like always. Nederland and png aren't like what they use to be. Just like fsu vs Miami every year that game was the main game for that week that's all everyone talked about but now its on espn instead of ABC because both teams are trying to make there way back up to the top. This is the same way for png and nederland. Vidor vs lumberton is the game of the week that's just the truth my friends.

Interesting, but doesnt make sense.  Which team in the district has been more consistent than Nederland with playoff runs?  Which team in the district was the last to make a state championship appearance.  Man, some people dont think before they speak.  You Vidor and Lumberton fans crack me up.  You put together a descent season or two (for Lumberton, not Vidor), and your the new kid in town.  Last I checked, Vidor hadnt won a game in district play, just like Nederland.

Face it if your not from Nederland or PN-G, your nothing.  They believe that everthing should be about those two schools and everybody else is just minor leagues.  Give me a break, they can't stand that any other teams in the district is better than them.  Boo Hoo  This is probably going to start it up, but I can't stand anyone to bad mouth other schools just because they have to be the center of everybodys attention. >:( :'(

We are not saying everybody else is in the minor leagues, we are just saying this rivalry has been a tradition not only for the schools but also in the media. Build on your success and start a tradition of your own and the media will pick it up. But for now GO DOGS.

As an outsider, i sure have more interest in the Vidor/Lumberton game.   Mid County madness is much more interesting when both teams are playing well.

Agreed

and the Lumberton Vs. Vidor game will be EXTREMEILY INTENSE!

1.Lumberton homecoming

2.Vidor was lumbertons ONLY district loss last year

3.Vidor lost 57-56 to central on friday so they will be out for blood im sure

4.lumberton is 4-0

5.both teams are extremely good this year

what else makes this game insane!

To the people whining about the publicity MCM gets, when you play a team for 86 years and sell out the stadium every year, not to mention have as many barn burner games then maybe the publicity will pick up. That's not even mentioning all the back stories of this rivalry.

Guest Newbie

As an outsider, i sure have more interest in the Vidor/Lumberton game.   Mid County madness is much more interesting when both teams are playing well.

Ditto.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder