USSSA Back at Ford Park

SWB

******FYI ********

Ford park in Beaumont will host the USSSA fall state  tournament on NOV 14-15. BORDER BATTLE

Texas/ Louisiana. NO GATE FEE... They just installed brand new field turf on 8 of the 12 fields

Register at www.usssa.com

AGES

12AA

12 Major

11Major

11AAA

11AA

10 open

9AA

9u

USSSA is back in Beaumont.... come support this event so we can get more dates in the Spring.

We expect to have a lot of teams from Louisiana as well as the Houston area.NO GATE FEE

The tournament directors will be Darren Larson and David Deriso

979-235-0972

- Yes , all of the sanctions have flaws. They are all about the $$$$$. But they all provide high level of baseball. And that, in the end, is what we need to make our kids better. Competition for tournaments, at Ford Park should make things better for all.

SWB, you are exactly right when you said USSSA is all about money.  That is exactly why Texas and states all across the country no longer play USSSA, because of the management and they way you guys do business.  The Louisiana group running this tournament is one of the major contributors to the fall of USSSA.  This organization repeatedly put greed and money over running a quality organization.  That is exactly why you guys are scrambling all over the place trying to find venues.  I would advise anyone participating in USSSA tournaments, not to pay in advance & make sure you keep all your receipts.

• 2 weeks later...

We played both last year, as I'm sure everyone else did, and I preferred staying in Texas at Ford Park.  For some reason, it seemed like we played more tournaments in Lake Charles, and always seemed to complain when we went over there.  I'm pretty easy going though and we will probably try to even it out and play both venues again this year.  It is a benefit to qualify for both world series, never knowing exactly which one your parents would prefer playing in.  I wish we could have played in both last year, but it worked out that both were in the same week.  Last year we stayed close to home knowing that we had so many families trying to recover from Ike, but I'm hoping 2010 sees us taking a trip to let the kids play somewhere different.  Personally, my vote will be Omaha so I can watch the CWS, but I'll let the parents make the decision.  Can't wait until February gets here, and we can get things going. 

It is true, USSSA walked in and tried to obtain some weekend dates, but there are none open, Nations, and softball has the bulk, I got the remaining weekends! There is no USSSA tourney, softball is definately playing nov 14-15, Joey just showed up at FP a few weeks ago to try to get some weekends, it was a mistake obviously for them to post the USSSA, i got the email to for all of my teams. They jumped the gun, Darren is actually in League City that weekend running USSSA at BLD.

FYI the guy that ran USSSA in texas is now the same guy that runs Nations. If you think USSSA was all about the money the same guy runs Nations now. LOL D Larson is a stand up guy he has been trying to get some USSSA dates in the triangle for over a year, because some local teams wanted  him too. They all are in it for the money no matter what group, dont think the Nations guys are not doing it for $ and rightly so it is a big  risk and a big undertaken to host big tourneys. I thank all of you from both groups for giving our kids a place to play!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine