OF vs. Newton Predictions? Game Will Be Broadcasted Here On The Site!

KFDM COOP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newton should win this one by 21+ points but the Bobcats will put points on the board.  It will be interesting to see OF's offense against Newton's defense. The 'Cats Wing-T is run by a savy, experienced QB who cut his teeth on that offense.  This game will be good for OF down the road.

newton  played terrible with all the turn overs against silsbee.  they  will come out ready to play this week.   newton will roll by at least  21 points . they want take orangefield for granite like they did silsbee

I know that the Eagles turned the ball over more than their fans would like, but Silsbee caused at least a few of them with a hard hitting, ball stipping defense; as for the Eagles taking the Tigers for granted, I don't think so, they ran into a good 3A teams A-Game. Silsbee is Team that, like the Eagles, improves with every game and can test everyone they play.

I believe OF will play Newton a good game.  It appears that they have a very good coach that has taken the boys as a whole, brought out the best in his players, especially his seniors and juniors, and made a TEAM.  He doesn't seem to single out one or two players that get all the credit, but has built a unit out of them that I think are set to surprise some in district play.  OF has improved week to week and Newton is a good choice to get ready for district.  Good luck Cats!

If Newton took Silsbee for granted (which I don't think they did) then shame on them. That's poor coaching.

Newton had some turnovers, but the Silsbee defense caused them. Both teams played well at times and poor at times.

But I digress, back to this topic.

I just don't see a Curtis Barbay Newton team losing to a one-dimensional football team. The DC at Newton, Robby Hatton, is just too good a coach to let a run only offense get the best of them. I think this game will be closer than what some thought before this season started, but Newton gets the win by 3 TD's, 42-21.

Orangefield's defense will be their demise in this game.

newton is never poorly coached.  you can coach until you are blue inthe face but when kids see that  diboll beat silsbee by

a couple of touch downs  and then they turn around and wipe  diboll off the map and then  score on silsbee on the  first possession, with ease.  kids seem to think that they have a cake walk. but the fact is silsbee has atheletes and was way far from being a cake walk.

Hey guys, believe me we know what we'll be up against come Friday night. There's not anyone from Orangefield talking smack here...I don't think blackflag is from Orangefield either. I know we haven't played a WOS, Jasper or Kirbyville, but you play the schedule your given and you do your best to get better each week. That's what these kids have done. This isn't the same old Orangefield team, our kids now believe that they can compete with anyone...that's not being cocky, that's just a change in attitude. In the past this would be a let's just keep it respectable game, but these kids now believe they can win...nothing wrong with that. Coach Huckabay has done a tremendous job with not only the x's and o's but with the attitude and discipline of this team. We don't turn the ball over, we don't get many penalties, and we finally have an offense that believes on any given play we can take it to the house. We're not big, we're not fast, but we play extremely hard and this shallow back offense is perfect for our kids.

Now to beat Newton we'll have to play our best game and hope the Eagles are looking past us. Will that happen, I don't know. But I do know our kids will play hard and play with confidence. If our offense can move the ball and eat up clock, we might have a chance. If we go 3 and out all night it will be a long night. Either way this will be a good game for us to see where we're at. Coach Huckabay made a comment last night after the game...he was asked if he thought we could beat Newton...he said he wouldn't get on the bus if he didn't think Orangefield could win. That's the difference in this year and in years past...We Believe again!!!

The winning attitude is something that is hard to teach. The kids have to buy into it and not just halfway. I'm glad that Orangefield has got a coach that is doing his best to establish this. It goes an awful long way towards establishing a good solid, successful program. Orangefield fans need to rally to this.

Very true Champion.  Orangefield fans have rallied around this.  I've have gone to Orangefield games for 30 years and I don't ever remember a bigger crowd at our stadium than what I witnessed last night.  We had overflow crowd sitting on the visitors side.  Never seen that before.  I think we will bring a big crowd to Newton Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder