Ozen vs. Nederland predictions?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could pull up all the posts from last year and read about how Ozen was supposedly going to donkey stomp us by double digits. Just curious, how did that one turn out for the Panthers?

Listen, Nederland is not a great team by any stretch of the imagination. But, Ozen is not the juggernaut that you make them out to be. This is a battle of two teams that most observers are leaving out of their playoff equations. It will be a good test for both teams. I think both of these teams have A LOT to prove.

By the way, Friendswood did beat us pretty bad and it could have probably been worse. I would put money though that F'wood would go undefeated in 20-4A. No excuses about us playing with a 3rd string QB. They would have stomped us anyways. I am curious though... How do you think y'all would have done on the road against a top notch team with your 3rd string QB? Y'all probably would have beat them, right?

Ozen vs. Nederland is always a good game. It comes down to the technique and fundamentals of Nederland vs. the speed and athleticism of the Panthers. This year will be no different. Should be a great game!

WELL THATS CALLED THE TRUTH... AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THE TRUTH...

The truth hurts.

The truth shall set you free. 

The truth is stranger than fiction.

Truth or dare.

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So you see, we don't all know what they say about the truth.  Please enlighten us. 

I guess some people here are thinking Ozen is gonna give us a whoopin cause of our 1-2 record. We got beat by a very good playing and well coached team in WOS. Secondly we played a really physical and big Waller team and we fell behind 23-7 in the 3rd quarter. Our boys could have closed shop, but instead they dug deep and scored 20 unanswered points, the defense got after it, and we won 27-23. Then we travel to FW where we met yet another big strong physical team and got beat. This has only made BIG NED that much better. We are back in our District now. This is where the Season really starts. Our offense will be ready on Friday Night, our defense will prove to everyone that we are better than what they're being given credit for. As i said earlier in the week, i predict a 13 point victory. These Dogs will only get better each week ..  be sure and read this post again in a few weeks, i'm sure you to will agree.

ozen has lost to nederland for the past few years but the old winning tradition of the ozen panthers will start on friday night.regardless of either record this game has always been war.the question was asked if ozen wld have beat friendswood.......DNT KNOW HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS.the panthers will hold one of the 4 spots.....

OK :( :( :( Since everyone is getting all serious about the situation even though it all started as good ol' clean trash talking... The fact of the matter is both teams are in real need of another win and would really benefit from starting District off (1-0).. They both come in with pre-seas on records of (1-2) and are both kinda starting off new on offense..  dont care how you cut it, Nederland is trying to replace a very good QB in Bellow.. A QB who many would say could have been District Offensive MVP and possibly the best QB in 20-4A you dont just replace a kid like that it just doesnt happen.. As for the Panthers they are finally finding and idenity in there new spread offense after starting off slow in their first 2 games the Panthers unleashed a serious rushing attack on Houston Worthing.. But we shall see just how potent it really is b/c the Nederland game has always been a battle for both teams... I really have a feeling that who ever comes out with a win will make it real interesting in 20-4A b/c they will have the momentum going into their next game Ozen facing Livingston and Nederland taking on PNG...

Ozen has played a tough preseason as well, we played WB and honestly they could beat just about every team in this area, then we played PAM who is probably the second fastest team the area second to central, and had to come back from a 19-10 halftime score against Worthing to win 30-19. Ozen is battle test, we are back at 100%(health) and ready for tonight.  It will be a great game tonight by both teams.

Go Panthers

Doesn't sound like much respect for Nederland's defense.  Ouch!

Ozen 31

Ned   13

Actually it sounds like they are giving Nederlands Defense too much credit! 31 points would be 6 below the defenses season average.

When you are last in just about every defensive statistical category in the district, you gotta expect you ain't gettin' no love from your opponents predictions.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder