Ozen vs. Nederland predictions?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Smith, our QB who took over for Bellow will be back next week. I think he could have played last night, but he was still weak from illness. No sense in taking chances. The way Friendswood played, it wouldn't have made much difference. We need to play some defense or it's going to be a long season.

Ive seen that Friendswood RB Cole when we played them in the playoffs last year.  He he had a big game against Nederland, then White will run wild at 90% healthy.  Ozen by 3 TD's...

Wow now that is a small limb YOU are standing on! This one could go either way, but I think Nederland musters enough grit to win this one by 1 TD. I'm just sayin...... :D

Cole is a good RB for Friendswood, but White is way faster and elisive than him.  If cole ran about 130 yards on Nederland, White will get 200 yards easily, IMO.  If the Cardenas kid can counteract that with 100 yards of his own, this cold be interesting...

How doe the lines match up? Does the OZ line match up with Fwoods line? The holes have to be there for the RB to make the big gains!

Cole is a good RB for Friendswood, but White is way faster and elisive than him.  If cole ran about 130 yards on Nederland, White will get 200 yards easily, IMO.  If the Cardenas kid can counteract that with 100 yards of his own, this cold be interesting...

How doe the lines match up? Does the OZ line match up with Fwoods line? The holes have to be there for the RB to make the big gains!

You know, I didn't think about that.  I've seen Ozen 2 our of their 3 games and those 2 games, their o-line was clearly outplayed.  VERY badly.  Hopefully, this is what Ozen have been working on durring their bye week...

Guest Jaguar-J

Ozen 28 -17 .  The spread offense has been the downfall of the Bulldogs.  Ever since they have went to the spread it has hurt their offense tremendously and it has also made their defense weak.

You know, I didn't think about that.  I've seen Ozen 2 our of their 3 games and those 2 games, their o-line was clearly outplayed.  VERY badly.  Hopefully, this is what Ozen have been working on durring their bye week...

Sounds like a good thing to be working on!

I agree with a lot of you that we should scrap the spread, but it does not look like it will happen so I guess we'll have to keep doing it. I read an article 2 weeks back that said we had been running a lot of I-formation and pro sets and we did not run either the whole time against Waller. We were in the shotgun on the 1 yard line! We were in the shotgun to kneel the friggin ball at the end of the game for the win!

I think a lot of fans are overreacting to getting blown out by Friendswood. Last night did not surprise me one bit. Friendswood is a very good ballclub and I had a feeling that we might get blown out on the road with a 3rd string QB. It sounded like Atterberry played fine though. The game got out of hand right before halftime when we gave up two scores in 1 minuite to turn a 14-0 game into a 28-0 blowout. In the three games thus far, we have allwed a TD or more in the last 2 minutes right before the half. We have to fix that to be successful. I have said all season that I feel we lack the big play guy we have had in the past and I still feel that way, but I think theis team can still be successful.

I think Nederland will regroup, get Tyler Smith back, feed the rock to Cardenas more and tighten up just enough on defense to beat the Panthers. Don't jump ship on the Dogs yet, a lot of teams in the district would have gotten smoked last night the way that FW played. To the guy whose giving Nederland 21 points, sign me up for some of that action! This aint basketball!

I agree with a lot of you that we should scrap the spread, but it does not look like it will happen so I guess we'll have to keep doing it. I read an article 2 weeks back that said we had been running a lot of I-formation and pro sets and we did not run either the whole time against Waller. We were in the shotgun on the 1 yard line! We were in the shotgun to kneel the friggin ball at the end of the game for the win!

I think a lot of fans are overreacting to getting blown out by Friendswood. Last night did not surprise me one bit. Friendswood is a very good ballclub and I had a feeling that we might get blown out on the road with a 3rd string QB. It sounded like Atterberry played fine though. The game got out of hand right before halftime when we gave up two scores in 1 minuite to turn a 14-0 game into a 28-0 blowout. In the three games thus far, we have allwed a TD or more in the last 2 minutes right before the half. We have to fix that to be successful. I have said all season that I feel we lack the big play guy we have had in the past and I still feel that way, but I think theis team can still be successful.

I think Nederland will regroup, get Tyler Smith back, feed the rock to Cardenas more and tighten up just enough on defense to beat the Panthers. Don't jump ship on the Dogs yet, a lot of teams in the district would have gotten smoked last night the way that FW played. To the guy whose giving Nederland 21 points, sign me up for some of that action! This aint basketball!

Good post! I am not a Ned fan, but I also think it is too early to count them Dogs out. I don't think they are a contender for state, but the season has not even started for real yet. It is early and they will make adjustments and win some games. I am picking you to beat Ozen, I would just like to see a good game. I for one do not like the years when we have only 3 good teams and it is apparent at the first of the year. A district where you never know the outcome till the last few seconds makes for much more action! No matter what, I hope we don't look past the Dogs this year or any. Anyone who does just may get bit in the bum!

Guest Brubaker

Ive seen that Friendswood RB Cole when we played them in the playoffs last year.  He he had a big game against Nederland, then White will run wild at 90% healthy.  Ozen by 3 TD's...

Soulja, be careful, you do have some credibility on this board.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami