Lumberton Raiders =D

jordibug15

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

honestly nothing im not really impressed by beard he only made like two tackles friday night against silsbee i dont see what the big deal is about him

Well, I know he made at least two open field tackles on JJ alone for sure, not counting tackles he made on the rest of the team throughout the game. And that is no knock on JJ at all because he's a heck of an athlete and JJ actually put a move on Anthony one time during the game and got past him. And that is nothing to be ashamed of because dude is quick and has some speed. I'm just making a point to FritoLay here that he is Hating and very much exaggerating on the two tackles comment. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and you don't have to be impressed by him and frankly he doesn't really care, because who are you? But at least tell the truth if you're going to criticize someone...JEALOUS HATER  ;)

Oh, and one more thing...I don't recall Silsbee running the ball up the middle very much at all the entire night.

honestly nothing im not really impressed by beard he only made like two tackles friday night against silsbee i dont see what the big deal is about him

I didn't get a chance to go to the game but, I listened to it on this site from work. It seemed to me that his name sure came up a lot on defense from the announcer and the broadcast guys. . .And i quote "and again number 49 Anthony Beard in on the tackle" sounded like he had a lot more than 2 tackles to me  ;)

I personally think the beast has been quiet the whole preseason compared to last year, and why not, he's got nothing to prove to us who've seen him play. Take it easy get in real good shape for the district games and then let all hell break loose. Did he do nothing last Friday, hmmmmmm, it seems to me he was an important part of that, uh what was it again, 3rd and 61 or something like that. I was impressed by what the rest of the D did as well the whole game, if Mr. J.J. wasn't fast before Friday he is now because the entire Raider D had him on the run, especially that first 24 minutes.  ;)

Well the frito bandito should look at the stats that tell the real story for Silsbee - minus 42 yards rushing for the whole game - incredible.  What would have impressed you?? Minus 100?  Frito has got no credibility with this or other posts.  Anthony was all over the field and everyone knows that.  It's easy to get stirred up when people make such inaccurate comments.  I appreciate opinions, but maybe frito is a blonde?? :o :o 

I'm not trying to be mean. 

You do realize that Silsbee had three Sophomores starting on the O line last Fri?  On top of that, none of the line has played more than 3 complete Varsity games.  They are just now starting to catch up to the speed of the game. 

Lumbertons D did put pressure on JJ.  They should have. But.....in the second half Silsbee only got into trouble when JJ felt he had to go to someone other than his first or second read.

I'm not downing Lumbertons D, just giving you some info that you might not have known.

Sports guy: I appreciate that.  It was a good game and I think both teams have room for improvement.  I think it was obvious that Lumberton's defensive strategy was determined by Silsbee's previous game films.  I know our guys were tired after chasing JJ around all night.  Lumberton also has a group of Sophs playing that are starting to impress.  Good luck to Silsbee in district play.  Does your district take 4 teams to the playoffs?

im not trying to be mean either, but our starting left tackle did not start ,hes in a walking boot from

last week,we have two starting sophmores in d backs, one starting week side lb is a sophy & other

beard was not even supposed to play because of high ankle sprain recieved in first quater of first game,

was going to rest him, thats what he told me & coach told me, but hardin co bash is big & arkansas

also came by thur, to get film on him & to see him play on fri night, so he played anyway. our other

starting lb has been out for the entire season other than the first quater of first game ,with a knee injury that will probably require surgery soon. did mi mention the flu. oooooops now its starting to sound

like im complaining. 3-0 record sounds good to me

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder