WOS survives thriller with Kirbyville

AggiesAreWe

Im glad to be back home from hunting and hate I missed all this!  I will let yall know we did get a good one!  Ill try to post a pic soon.  We almost got the monster but barely missed a good shot!   I would love to blame the wind but I think it was because of the fourteen penalties and too many soph!  ;D ;D

you still got beat though...  ;)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144

Im glad to be back home from hunting and hate I missed all this!  I will let yall know we did get a good one!  Ill try to post a pic soon.  We almost got the monster but barely missed a good shot!   I would love to blame the wind but I think it was because of the fourteen penalties and too many soph!  ;D ;D

really??  we seemed to leave town satisfied!  Ill take a moral win in this situation anytime!

really??  we seemed to leave town satisfied!  Ill take a moral win in this situation anytime!

I hope we give every team we play a moral victory.  Should be a great season.

VERY, 5 Sophomores, 14 Jr's. Their butts got worked out hard today at practice.

Coop, are Haynes and Franks the only seniors?

No Admin, to anwser your question:

Defense Seniors- Haynes, Franks, Nelson, Rubin, Cook, Arnold (Rubin has been hurt all but 1 game and his replacements are Sophomores)

Offense Seniors- Franks, Francis, Jordan (Haynes plays quite a bit, but does not start)

Anyway, this year is the year... the time is now. Those defensive seniors will hurt when they are gone.

thks,

I was under the impression that all the starters were underclassman besides Franks and Haynes. I know the soph/jv teams are loaded and was wondering where those guys were going to play next year with all positions taken.

Don't get me wrong, there are about 8 underclassmen on defense getting significant playing time in rotation and about 9 on offense. We should be good for the next few years, but the seniors we have right now are some players and they will hurt when they are gone.

According to the Orange Leader:

WOS                  Kville

rush 34/126         57/216

pass 5/16 80yds   1/8  11yds

pen.  11/70 yds     6/50 yds

Kville starts 4 seniors on defense Ezidore, Harris, Fowler, Ervine and 3 seniors on offense West, Peel, Ezidore. None of which are Div.I athletes.

Sounds like Kville beat them everywhere but where it matters(scoreboard).  Kville didn't get it done where it matters but sounds like they are getting closer. So please no more talk about youth and penalties.

Kville starts 4 seniors on defense Ezidore, Harris, Fowler, Ervine and 3 seniors on offense West, Peel, Ezidore. None of which are Div.I athletes.

Sounds like Kville beat them everywhere but where it matters(scoreboard).  Kville didn't get it done where it matters but sounds like they are getting closer. So please no more talk about youth and penalties.

Good points. Hey look Coop, Kirbyville had penalties and sophs playing too. ;)

Good point indeed!

I thought Kirbyville has already came, been dealt with, and sent home.

not quit correct but close!  Yes they did come in to Mustang Stadium and might not have had more points on the score board at the end of the game, but was far from being dealt with and definently was not "sent" home.  They did leave town with their heads held high and very proud of how they played.  They did leave town with the Mustang faithful left to come up with excuses sorry COOP reasons from everything to fumbles, to penalties, to the age of the players.  I realize that WOS did get the win and thats really all that matters.  I also know that when you win you dont need to make excuses, but if a 2a school that everyone expected you to beat by at least 30 comes into your home stadium and stands toe to toe with you and takes you to overtime, then you are only left with one of two things to do!  Give the Wildcats credit for their play keeping them off balance causing them to make mistakes and excuting when they needed too!  or come up with "reasons" why the mustangs "allowed" this to happen because everyone knows that Kirbyville could not do this on their own.  Which everyone helps you sleep at night works for me!

I realize this is a sin to say this about Hooks but there is two reasons I havent heard tossed around yet!  unprepared and outcoached!     

A moral victory is a loss.  Nobody thought that Kville would lose by 30.  A team with talent to go to the State Championship is a good team and classification does not matter.  We've had lots of good games with Newton years ago. 

Venom mentioned a magical playbook.  I've been looking for it too, maybe its being saved for district play.  LOL

I don't think Coop is stirring the pot when talking about all of the penalties.  Some of our most productive plays were called back because of procedure calls.  Its a fact. 

dont most plays get blown dead before they develop on a procedure call?  maybe its just me.........but i doubt it

I thought Kirbyville has already came, been dealt with, and sent home.

not quit correct but close!  Yes they did come in to Mustang Stadium and might not have had more points on the score board at the end of the game, but was far from being dealt with and definently was not "sent" home.  They did leave town with their heads held high and very proud of how they played.  They did leave town with the Mustang faithful left to come up with excuses sorry COOP reasons from everything to fumbles, to penalties, to the age of the players.  I realize that WOS did get the win and thats really all that matters.  I also know that when you win you dont need to make excuses, but if a 2a school that everyone expected you to beat by at least 30 comes into your home stadium and stands toe to toe with you and takes you to overtime, then you are only left with one of two things to do!  Give the Wildcats credit for their play keeping them off balance causing them to make mistakes and excuting when they needed too!  or come up with "reasons" why the mustangs "allowed" this to happen because everyone knows that Kirbyville could not do this on their own.  Which everyone helps you sleep at night works for me!

I realize this is a sin to say this about Hooks but there is two reasons I havent heard tossed around yet!  unprepared and outcoached!     

A moral victory is a loss.  Nobody thought that Kville would lose by 30.  A team with talent to go to the State Championship is a good team and classification does not matter.  We've had lots of good games with Newton years ago. 

Venom mentioned a magical playbook.  I've been looking for it too, maybe its being saved for district play.  LOL

I don't think Coop is stirring the pot when talking about all of the penalties.  Some of our most productive plays were called back because of procedure calls.  Its a fact. 

dont most plays get blown dead before they develop on a procedure call?  maybe its just me.........but i doubt it

Do you even watch football? ;D

Analyze the stats, and other in-game details...but the fact remains---regardless of who you play, where you play, when you play...underclassmen vs. upperclassmen (1,3,5 or all 11 starters with or without varsity experience)---a win, is a win, is a win. Win by 1 or 100; chalk it up as a WIN baby! Players and coaches alike have their moments, heck we all do in our daily, non-sporting lives! You either flat as a board or you're on your game full-throttle! Rest assured Mustang fans, the 2009 Mustangs will not play as poorly (offensively) as they played this past week. No disrespect to the other ball-clubs the 'Stangs have played and yet to have played...they WILL show up as a complete TEAM from here on out...done!  ;)

Playing WOS is like playing the Dallas Cowboys. When they get beat or almost get beat they always have a reason why. When they win, it is by just superior coaching and talent. They will never admit that they got their butts handed to them. They always make an excuse and so do their fans.