WO-S 21 Kirbyville 20 OT Orange Leader Write up

KFDM COOP

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could reply to that..but I guess I stirred the pot enough for one night!!!!! Keep thinking that though!  ;) ;D

WO-S is 3-0        Kirbyville is 1-2            

You're totally right...we are 1-2..against really tough "3A"Teams and I think WOS played a great game, however, by all the posts I've read and how underrated everyone from WOS thought Kville was, Kville was by far the better team tonight! Oh well we will move on and play Liberty next week, hopefully come out with the win over there and head into district with our heads held high! We played tough against ya'll tonight and they deserve to be lifted up!

Lets just say that Kirbyville is the best 1-2 in the STATE.  :) :) :) 

I could reply to that..but I guess I stirred the pot enough for one night!!!!! Keep thinking that though!  ;) ;D

WO-S is 3-0        Kirbyville is 1-2            

You're totally right...we are 1-2..against really tough "3A"Teams and I think WOS played a great game, however, by all the posts I've read and how underrated everyone from WOS thought Kville was, Kville was by far the better team tonight! Oh well we will move on and play Liberty next week, hopefully come out with the win over there and head into district with our heads held high! We played tough against ya'll tonight and they deserve to be lifted up!

please explain this statement! if you guys were FAR better then why didnt you win with ease? heck, why didnt you win period?

Why didnt you beat us by 30? Why only by 1 in OT? Dude you almost got beat by a "2A" Team..what does that say for your program..LOL think what you want...I know kville was the better team...we all know who "REALLY" WON!!!  ;) Too bad there is no instant replay!!! ::)

LOL... dude, I think your the only person who "really" knows who won... over the ref who was standing right on top of the play. Several people on the sidelines who saw it, the TV station who has the replay of it... etc. etc. MAN you are good...

I'll say it again. Anything can happen on Friday night. I don't think many people (including KVille fans) expected the Wildcats to hang with WO-S like they did. Kirbyville has proven they are among the best in small school football in the state of Texas. And, they play a schedule that's second to none for a 2AA school (Diboll/Jasper/WO-S/Liberty in non-district). But, and I say this despite the fact that I was on pins and needles, hoping and praying, that the Kats would pull this win out; WO-S is, all and all, the best team in SE Texas. They can play with anybody and if they played this game 10 more times, they would probably win at least 9 of them, most by two touchdowns or more. Sorry KVille...You did great and I'm proud as heck but I do think WO-S shot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion to keep this game as close as it was. I also think the Stangs will regroup this week and put a hurting on Jasper next week just to prove that they weren't firing on all cylinders tonight. I would hate to be a Bulldawg next Friday night.

Not trying to take anything from the Kats but history and tradition tells me that WO-S, when playing WO-S football, doesn't go into overtime against a 2AA school, even one as GOOD as Kirbyville. Again, congrats to the Kats for almost pulling it out. Would've been one for the history books.

Kirbyville may be 3A next season. Numbers are real close now according to a Coach i talked to there. Believe the Wildcats had more suited out than WO-S on Varsity. If not tonight i saw a PIC where they actually have more players now.

Alot of those that you see suited are also JV players brought up..not usually Varsity players!

I'll say it again. Anything can happen on Friday night. I don't think many people (including KVille fans) expected the Wildcats to hang with WO-S like they did. Kirbyville has proven they are among the best in small school football in the state of Texas. And, they play a schedule that's second to none for a 2AA school (Diboll/Jasper/WO-S/Liberty in non-district). But, and I say this despite the fact that I was on pins and needles, hoping and praying, that the Kats would pull this win out; WO-S is, all and all, the best team in SE Texas. They can play with anybody and if they played this game 10 more times, they would probably win at least 9 of them, most by two touchdowns or more. Sorry KVille...You did great and I'm proud as heck but I do think WO-S shot themselves in the foot on more than one occasion to keep this game as close as it was. I also think the Stangs will regroup this week and put a hurting on Jasper next week just to prove that they weren't firing on all cylinders tonight. I would hate to be a Bulldawg next Friday night.

Not trying to take anything from the Kats but history and tradition tells me that WO-S, when playing WO-S football, doesn't go into overtime against a 2AA school, even one as GOOD as Kirbyville. Again, congrats to the Kats for almost pulling it out. Would've been one for the history books.

Good post '69.  It appears that it's ok for K'ville fans to say that they outplayed the Mustangs and were the better team, but it's not ok for WOS fans to say that we didn't play well.  I've seen us play every game and we've definitely played much better than we played tonight.  I take nothing away from k'ville's team.  They played extremely well, but we played poorly...not like the Mustangs I've seen before.  Good luck to the wildcats the rest of the season.  They should be able to go a long way...their running back is a hoss!

From what I hear, the next realignment will be a voodoo mix like we've never seen. Hope the Kats stay in 2AA for at least one more round. Kinda nice being at the top of the food chain rather than at the bottom (big jump from being large 2AA to small 3AAA).

Kirbyville may be 3A next season. Numbers are real close now according to a Coach i talked to there. Believe the Wildcats had more suited out than WO-S on Varsity. If not tonight i saw a PIC where they actually have more players now.

Alot of those that you see suited are also JV players brought up..not usually Varsity players!

Why suit up JV players when they can,t play.

From what I hear, the next realignment will be a voodoo mix like we've never seen. Hope the Kats stay in 2AA for at least one more round. Kinda nice being at the top of the food chain rather than at the bottom (big jump from being large 2AA to small 3AAA).

I don't think the Wildcats would be at the bottom of the pile in 3A this year!!!  Since Alvaraz has been there, K'ville has stepped  it up!!!!  He's done a good job there!

Yea it is nice being 2A..thats where we belong...playing towns like WOS, Silsbee, Jasper, Bridge City..is just right out not fair to us..we are small...but we were in 3A for several years and held our own...so it wouldnt be anything we havent done before! :)

Yea it is nice being 2A..thats where we belong...playing towns like WOS, Silsbee, Jasper, Bridge City..is just right out not fair to us..we are small...but we were in 3A for several years and held our own...so it wouldnt be anything we havent done before! :)

We had to do it for years and years.  Always made the playoffs and were just about the smallest team in the district.  In 2000 when we made it to the finals, Ennis had 4 or 500 more kids than we did, maybe more.  Then they came out with the 3 team playoff berth.

Because it's WO-S, a tradition-rich school with rabid fans and the opportunity to experience a Friday night of Texas football that isn't always available to small town football teams. What better way to motivate your younger players than to let them experience this for themselves. Heck, I'd suit up my freshman and bring them along if they would let me (ha). Besides, it gives a small school a bit of an intimidation factor when they fill the sidelines with players when facing a bigger school. Sort of a David meets Goliath on the gridiron. At least that's my take on the reason behind it.

Also...didn't mean Kville would be at the bottom in win/loss category...I was referring to size.

Why suit up JV players when they can,t play.

why suit up jv players?

Because it's WO-S, a tradition-rich school with rabid fans and the opportunity to experience a Friday night of Texas football that isn't always available to small town football teams. What better way to motivate your younger players than to let them experience this for themselves. Heck, I'd suit up my freshman and bring them along if they would let me (ha). Besides, it gives a small school a bit of an intimidation factor when they fill the sidelines with players when facing a bigger school. Sort of a David meets Goliath on the gridiron. At least that's my take on the reason behind it.

Also...didn't mean Kville would be at the bottom in win/loss category...I was referring to size.

We had to do it for years and years.  Always made the playoffs and were just about the smallest team in the district.  In 2000 when we made it to the finals, Ennis had 4 or 500 more kids than we did, maybe more.  Then they came out with the 3 team playoff berth.

WOS has what most can only dream of having and that is a "TRADITION" of winning. You guys have always done well. That says alot about your coach, team and commitment your players have to the program.

why suit up jv players?

Thanks for explaining that...was trying to figure out how to put it in words and you did a great job..lol

WOS has what most can only dream of having and that is a "TRADITION" of winning. You guys have always done well. That says alot about your coach, team and commitment your players have to the program.

You guys are getting there!!!!  You have come such a long way in such a short time.  I mean, you've always had players.  You just needed a good leader, so to speak.

Exactly...we've waited along time for someone to come along and change it all up and Alvarez has turned a stale program into a winning program.

That he has!!! I remember the bad years and the somewhat good years. These are the great years!

Kirbyville will not be moving up to 3A unless the UIL really drops the 3A bottom number. I personally spoke to Alvarez at Silsbee's scrimmage and he told me that they have dropped a few since the last realignment. I have a real good friend who is the offensive line coach for Kirbyville and he told me this summer that they had dropped in enrollment. Kirbyville will remain 2A.

Lets all be serious about tonights game folk's! Tonight was basically a battle between the whole kirbyville team and the chain gang...the WOS offense never got in sync and when it did it was messed up by a penalty or a terrible play call! Tonight's game was a simple case of kirbyville playing to the best of it's ability and WOS doing just enough to win! With a team with as much talent as WOS has they need to distribute the ball around and stop worrying about getting the ball to Mr. Franks! The WOS defensive line is the best i've seen in a very long time! Tonight was a huge wake up call for the stangs and boy i feel sorry for the dawg's next week cause the stang's are gonna take all the frustration out on them! GO STANG'S!!!!!

Guest rykerx144

Hats off to both teams!  Sounds like both teams come outta this one with a little something they needed!  Sounds like Kville fans need to acknowledge that they played a very good WOS team that is capable of playing better than they did tonite. They did make the playes at the end that it took to win this one.  WOS exposed some things that needed to be worked on and should gain alot from this week.  Also WOS fans need to acknoledge that they faced a very good 2a team that came into this game to win it and played their hearts out.  Kville did not come into WOS scared of this team and played them like they no one expected them too (esp WOS).  

I think only positive things came out of this game for both teams and comments and replys should suggest that.  All the other crap about blaming the weather, the refs, the calls, the penalties is ridulous.  WOS fans bragging about how much better they are than Kville and saying Kville only did well is because WOS played so bad and then bad mouthing Kville is terrible.  

Kville fans bragging about being the better team and blaming refs for bad calls and saying you are the real winners is terrible.  Its ridulous that these boys went to Orange and played their hearts out and deserve nothing but praise for what they did accomplish tonite has to read this crap.  WOS fans and other fans throughout SETX cant even give Cats the acknowlegment and praise they deserve because you cant SHUT UP long enough to keep from pissing everyone off and causing them to be defensive.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder