WO-S 21 Kirbyville 20 OT Orange Leader Write up

KFDM COOP

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew!  This game went from sloppy in the 1st to an all out toe-to-toe slugfest the final 3 qtrs.  Kirbyville comes out of this game with much more than WOS!  If Kirbyville continues to play like tonight they will be very hard to beat from here on out...write that down!  Hats off to both teams for a great game.  The 2pt conversion......sure looked like he and the entire pile was in from high in the sky....all things considered I was impressed with Kirbyville's D!  They were flying all over the place and giving the Pony's (no quite Stangs after watching this one) ;D more than they wanted or were ready for.

;D lmao!!  announcers dont even know the ot rules.   in ot wos with ball first.  wos with ball on the 4yd line

If you've never been involed in an OT and haven't read the rule books then.....no you wouldn't know.  Are you expecting perfection or something? ;)

for the money they pay, yes.   ;D

I'll take that as a sarcastic remark. ;D

Congrats to Kville for hanging in there and playing a very gutsy game. They did much better with the turnovers. 2 of them early, then nothing after.

Chaingang played well. Kville had a big line and some big tough running backs and we held them in check for the most part, but giving them a short field with turnovers and that bad punt will kill you.

As for our offense... How many penalties did we have? We must have had, at least, 10 flags and 6 of them procedure calls. Starting 1st and 15 on 50% of your possession doesn't bode well for offensive success. And what's up with the bobbled snaps? We must have had 10 of those. That's another "give away" play. As far as I'm concerned, we were very fortunate to come away with the win. The bright spot is that these things can be corrected. Hopefully, they will be.

As for the guy talking about us not being the favorite... does anyone really care about being "considered" the favorite... LOL. District is won on the field, who cares about who someone "thinks" is the best.

CHEATER CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER!!!!! A little home cooking for WOS (speaking of referees) so SAD!!!!! Wildcats beat the Stangs tonight though the score doesn't show it, that 2 point conversion was GOOD!!! Sad...Wildcats...YOU GUYS PLAYED YOUR HEARTS OUT AND I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

TRUE WINNER OF TONIGHTS GAME.>>>>WILDCATS!!!!

MUSTANGS 21  kirbyville 20

CHEATER CHEATER PUMPKIN EATER!!!!! A little home cooking for WOS (speaking of referees) so SAD!!!!! Wildcats beat the Stangs tonight though the score doesn't show it, that 2 point conversion was GOOD!!! Sad...Wildcats...YOU GUYS PLAYED YOUR HEARTS OUT AND I AM SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

Surely you jest!  You obviously didn't watch the same game I watched.  K'ville played a practically "perfect" game....we got all the penalties!  Trust me, the way the refs were throwing the flag at us, if the guy had crossed the line, he'd have said so!!!!!  WOS won....by a hair!

Don't start that! Kirbyville played a great game! WO-S had what? 15 Penalties.

Whew!  This game went from sloppy in the 1st to an all out toe-to-toe slugfest the final 3 qtrs.  Kirbyville comes out of this game with much more than WOS!  If Kirbyville continues to play like tonight they will be very hard to beat from here on out...write that down!  Hats off to both teams for a great game.  The 2pt conversion......sure looked like he and the entire pile was in from high in the sky....all things considered I was impressed with Kirbyville's D!  They were flying all over the place and giving the Pony's (no quite Stangs after watching this one) ;D more than they wanted or were ready for.

I would take your moral victory and be happy with it and stop insulting the Stangs. If you watched the same game I did, you wouldn't want a "do over"... ;)

I wasn't insulting the stangs....see the smiley face???...just a joke....I am above that....just take it in stride....don't turn this into something it isn't!

I would take your moral victory and be happy with it and stop insulting the Stangs. If you watched the same game I did, you wouldn't want a "do over"... ;)

I wasn't insulting the stangs....see the smiley face???...just a joke....I am above that....just take it in stride....don't turn this into something it isn't!

Oh yeah, I see that now. Anyway, congrats to the "mild"cats... ;D

Those "mild"cats gave your "pony's" all they wanted and more! ;D

Oh I was there..LOL through it all..and trust me I'm Proud of our boys and I say rematch anyday!!! Were not scared of WO-S!!! You just had a 2A team pretty much beat down a very tough 3A WO-S team. :o :o :

Easy Hoss. You guys played a great game and have a great team. You'll go along ways again in the Playoffs, WO-S has to work on the dumb Penalties, 15 or close to that.

Oh I was there..LOL through it all..and trust me I'm Proud of our boys and I say rematch anyday!!! Were not scared of WO-S!!! You just had a 2A team pretty much beat down a very tough 3A WO-S team. :o :o :

Easy Hoss. You guys played a great game and have a great team. You'll go along ways again in the Playoffs, WO-S has to work on the dumb Penalties, 15 or close to that.

I would even say that beat down is a bit much Kvillefan...they did have a lot of dumb penalties as Coop said....WOS does have more work on after this game than Kville even though WOS won the game....there are plus' and minus' to everything.....even wins!

say what u want, yall lost dude.  yall had the chance to beat us and couldn't get it done.  dont blame the refs, and dont blame us.

No. 3 'Stangs nip Wildcats, 21-20, in OT

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

WEST ORANGE — No doubt about it, the third-ranked West Orange-Stark Mustangs had their mettle tested against some hard-nosed Kirbyville Wildcats.

It all came down to a stand at the goal line in overtime.

After Kirbyville quarterback Caleb Cucancic scored on a 12-yard scamper to trim the margin to 21-20 the Mustang “Chain Gang†defense stuffed Kirbyville running back JaMichael Ervine on what would have been a game-winning two-point conversion, the Mustangs held on for the 21-20 win.

“What a stand there at the end,†said Mustang coach Dan Hooks. “Jack (Alvarez) played for the win and we held them inches short. What a great stop. That Kirbyville team meant business. Coach Alvarez does such a tremendous job. We feel very fortunate to come out on top in this one.â€

read more >

This is the hidden content, please

Yes they did. Like I said, congrats on the moral victory. :D

Yes they did. Like I said, congrats on the moral victory. :D

I'll take this moral victory with honor and know that Kville has a lot less to work on.  Take it to Jasper next week for this ol Cat!

i hate that we lost like that cause i was on the field during the two point conversion and he DID cross the line. sucks to lose one like that but i must say the kirbyville wildcats have there heads up and dont plan on losing another this year. good luck to wos.

what good does it do to blame the refs or call names?  both teams had some calls that were perhaps on the shady side.  it is high school football.  my only concern is whether or not the cats are going to get the respect i and many other cat fans feel they deserve?  i understand some people on this site take things a little to personal and the cheater remark was probably extremely biased.  yeah wos had a bunch of penalties but kirbyville had a fair amount of penalties too if you reall think about it and some of theirs was just a dumb.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder