Village Creek Classic! Silsbee/Lumberton....Raiders Win 20-14/Comments

AggiesAreWe

Congratulations Lumberton!  Silsbee is going to be really mad now.   :o

Why?  Unfortunately, Lumberton won because we took advantage of mistakes by Silsbee.  Silsbee nearly handed our butts to us.  Our defense was not stopping them and our offense was continually shut down by their defense.  Silsbee has only themselves to be mad at.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silsbee should have spanked us bad tonight, luckily their coaches are blind and didnt see the 10-15 yd cushion on the inside receiver and sometimes left a third receiver WIDE open. Raiders may have won but Silsbee has a better team, they just need to open their eyes.

The Raiders better do something offense had a few big plays but were pretty much shut down in the 2nd half. Defense better step it up a notch or its gonna get ugly in district. 20-4A is gonna be tough!!!

congrats silsbee & lumberton on a good contest. bottom line either team could have won, lumberton

came away with the win. silsbee has no reason to hang their heads. both teams need to work on some things, the raiders offense was not to par tonight . its the worst i have seen them this year,but you

have those games,you find a way to win . a win is a win. those hardin county friends have a solid team

they will contend every contest this year good luck to the tigers,great group of young men. looks like no serious injurys tonight for either team, good game setx.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Lumberton won but the Raiders definitely had a lackluster performance tonight. The D saved the day as the O couldn't get much going besides a big play here and there. Just looked a little sloppy. Lumberton can play a lot better than they played tonight, that's for sure. Silsbee's D did a good job slowing down the Lumberton offense...I just don't think that the Raiders performed to their capabilities. 88 talking about how the D needs to step it up a notch...the D kept Lumberton in the game and was on the field too much tonight.I wouldn't go as so far to say that Silsbee should have spanked us bad tonight and they have a better team. Sorry Sir, just not the case.

Guest Silsbee88

Silsbee should have spanked us bad tonight, luckily their coaches are blind and didnt see the 10-15 yd cushion on the inside receiver and sometimes left a third receiver WIDE open. Raiders may have won but Silsbee has a better team, they just need to open their eyes.

The Raiders better do something offense had a few big plays but were pretty much shut down in the 2nd half. Defense better step it up a notch or its gonna get ugly in district. 20-4A is gonna be tough!!!

Great post.....very good observation!!  Congratulations to Lumberton, your defensive line and linebackers made a huge difference on Jeremy Johnson's ability to find those open receivers most of the night.  He just didn't have time.....we need to BLOCK..

Congratulations Lumberton!  Silsbee is going to be really mad now.   :o

Why?  Unfortunately, Lumberton won because we took advantage of mistakes by Silsbee.  Silsbee nearly handed our butts to us.  Our defense was not stopping them and our offense was continually shut down by their defense.  Silsbee has only themselves to be mad at.  

Very true statement. Four turnovers and two times inside the ten that resulted in no points. Silsbee moved the ball all night but our mistakes killed us for the second week in a row. Lumberton has a defense that flies to the ball fast, a lot of speed. Silsbee had one miss read in the secondary in the second half and it resulted in a TD, other than that Silsbee's defense played light out. Good luck Lumberton. Go Tigers!!!

The better team won, even though Lumberton didn't really show up on offense.  I wasn't really impressed with anything Silsbee had outside of their QB.  That guy has to get really frustrated.  I can't count how many times after evading the rush, he would put a ball on his reciever's numbers, and they'd drop it.  But they should do well in district, as I don't see many 3A defenses containing him as well as Lumberton can.

Lumberton needs to get more creative on offense, because the game tonight shouldn't of been close.  If you noticed after the first couple possessions, they became very predictable.  Sure enough, it resulted in a couple quarters worth of 3-and-outs, which allowed Silsbee to hang around.  That is going to be trouble against better teams like Vidor, PNG, etc.

Sparks for Lumberton is a player.  Had 2 int's tonight, and should of had another (jumped a slant route perfectly, and was probably looking towards the endzone before securing the ball).  He reads the field really well, and breaks on the ball better than any safety I've seen at Lumberton in a good while.  I'd also like to give him credit on his first pick for being aggressive and going up to get the ball, and not allowing the much bigger WR to bully him for position.

Keith's long TD was a beauty.  I'd like to see them utilize this kid's speed a little more often to help stretch the field.

Overall, I feel confident enough in what I saw to say that Lumberton is once again a player (if not the favorite) in the race for the district title.

Stats from tonights game:

1st half

Silsbee

rushing  10 carries  8 yards

passing  9-16  94 yards

total  26 plays  102 yards

first downs  6

Lumberton

rushing  18 carries  61 yards 2 TD's

passing  3-4  54 yards

total  22 plays  115 yards 

FD      5

Final stats

Silsbee

rushing  20 carries  1 yard

passing  23-36  271 yards  2 TD's 2 Ints

total  56 plays  272 yards

FD 15

Lumberton

rushing  32 carries  101 yards  2 TD's

passing  5-9  107 yards  1 TD 1 Int

total    41 plays  208 yards

FD      9

The better team won, even though Lumberton didn't really show up on offense.  I wasn't really impressed with anything Silsbee had outside of their QB.  That guy has to get really frustrated.  I can't count how many times after evading the rush, he would put a ball on his reciever's numbers, and they'd drop it.  Just a very raw team, I guess.  But they should do well in district, as I don't see many 3A defenses containing him as well as Lumberton can.

Lumberton needs to get more creative on offense, because the game tonight shouldn't of been close.  If you noticed after the first couple possessions, they became very predictable.  Sure enough, it resulted in a couple quarters worth of 3-and-outs, which allowed Silsbee to hang around.  That is going to be trouble against better teams like Vidor, PNG, etc.

Sparks for Lumberton is a player.  Had 2 int's tonight, and should of had another (jumped a slant route perfectly, and was probably looking towards the endzone before securing the ball).  He reads the field really well, and breaks on the ball better than any safety I've seen at Lumberton in a good while.  I'd also like to give him credit on his first pick for being aggressive and going up to get the ball, and not allowing the much bigger WR to bully him for position.

Keith's long TD was a beauty.  I'd like to see them utilize this kid's speed a little more often to help stretch the field.

I agree they are gonna have to get more creative, maybe Coach C has some stuff in store for District play

Yes the tigers defense did play better but way too many  missed tackles.  I saw many attempts just to knock the ball carrier down. Safety had to come over and try to make a play. Lumbertons last TD was a great play but also a blown coverage no Tiger went with the receiver.. Play calling was questionable for both teams at times.  Raiders defense created many problems up front for the Tigers creating pressure on Johnson causing some poor decisions and too much scrambling backwards.  Congratulations Raiders.

Didn't go to the game so I won't comment on what happened but I will say that a Silsbee/Lumberton match-up has all the ingredients that any rivalry has (at least from a historical perspective since they no longer play each other every year). And, because of that, both teams are going to pick it up a notch. I felt like Lumberton would win and I felt it would be fairly close (10 points or so ) but I didn't expect Silsbee to keep it as close as they did. Still, I attribute that to the fact that both teams were playing for bragging rights in Hardin County. I don't care if one team in a rivalry match is 0-9 and the other is 9-0, history books tend to go out the window when the lights come up. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't let tonight's performance by either team be the gauge that we measure them with. They were playing for pride and respect from their communities (moreso than most Friday nights) and that can be a dangerous thing.

Good luck to both the Raiders and Tigers in 2009!!!

Individual stats

Silsbee

Johnson

rushing  13 carries -11 yards (sacked 5 times, counts against rushing)

passing  23-36 271 yards 2 TD's  2 Int's

Barnes

rushing  3 carries  -2 yards

recieving  1 reception  8 yards

Bolton

rushing  4 carries  14 yards

recieving 2 catches  31 yards TD

Hill   

recieving  8 catches  101 yards  TD

Lane

recieving 6 catches  76 yards

Rhone

recieving  4 catches 39 yards

McDaniel

recieving  2 catches  16 yards

Lumberton

Hughes

rushing  12 carries  16 yards

passing  5-9 107 yards 1 TD 1 Int

Asher

rushing  18 carries  65 yards  2 TD's

recieving  1 catch  1 yard

McDonald

rushing  2 carries  23 yards

Keith 

recieving  2 catches  50 yards  1 TD

Sparks

recieving  1 catch  47 yards

Sports Guy that was a good one! ;D

Maybe I am too critical on the team. :-\

From previous posts, now that I think about it the defense did keep us in the game BUT I didn't like seeing as many open receivers as I did!  The defense plays good against the run, it is the PASS that is gonna beat us!!! See yall in a couple of weeks!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi