Livingston     237

Lumberton    248.5

Central        253.5

PN-G           269

Ozen           317.5

LC-M           350

Nederland     413

Any "suprises" or "that's about normal?"

lets not forget vidor has run through some private school divisions.  repost those halfway through the year

Yeah, Vidor has played private schools, but did the private schools not have 11 players on both sides of the ball? Were any of their players missing limbs, or in wheelchairs? 11 vs. 11 is still a football game. Also, lets not forget private schools can pretty much "recruit."

Sounds like you're placing Vidor's success thus far on the grounds of no quality opponents.

I mean, it's not rocket science to say it's had an obvious hand in padding the stats, but to suggest Vidor isn't capable of their stats is an insult to the kids, and the kids they've played against.

TenaciousK do you really think Vidor will gain 500 yards against anyone in 20-4A?

Vidor has a good team that's not being challanged. As I have said before Vidor has weaknesses (every team does), but they won't find them out unitl District play because none of their pre-district opponents are strong enough to expose them and it may be too late to fix them by then.

TenaciousK do you really think Vidor will gain 500 yards against anyone in 20-4A?

Vidor has a good team that's not being challanged. As I have said before Vidor has weaknesses (every team does), but they won't find them out unitl District play because none of their pre-district opponents are strong enough to expose them and it may be too late to fix them by then.

I have watched the 2 Vidor games, and it is hard to tell how strong/weak the opponents were.  I am not saying that Vidor is unstoppable and has no weaknesses--they do.  However, if I had to bet, I would actually guess that Vidor will put up 500 yards of offense against at least one 20-4A opponent.  I don't know who it will be or when it will be.  But when you have 7 chances, Vidor's offense will get rolling big at least once.  When it is working, the offense is designed to really churn up the yards.  When it breaks, it looks horrible.  I have never seen Vidor run it so well (against anybody).  This is all just my opinion.

The Houston Chronicle shows Vidor offense @ 967 yds through 2 games and Lumberton's @ 718 yds.  Didn't look up the other teams but they should be different as well.  Couldn't find the defensive stats.

The thing about getting stats off of the newspaper websites is that they will always be different. I have found that I cannot trust those numbers. I have kept stats for both Silsbee games this year and have matched them with the coaching staffs and our numbers for the Tigers have not been the same as the ones you will find in the Enterprise or Chronicle.

I think that you should run the numbers against district opponents.  You could have 2 sections.  One section with season totals and one section for games played within the district totals.

Absolutely! Whose stats would be better... Texas vs. Lousiana-Monroe or Alabama vs. VA Tech? Although some people contend "there are still 11 guys out there"  ::)  I think the stats will be skewed until district. It's not an apples to apples comparison. Once the district SEASON is in the books, it will then be an accurate portrayal.

I think that you should run the numbers against district opponents.  You could have 2 sections.  One section with season totals and one section for games played within the district totals.

Absolutely! Whose stats would be better... Texas vs. Lousiana-Monroe or Alabama vs. VA Tech? Although some people contend "there are still 11 guys out there"  ::)  I think the stats will be skewed until district. It's not an apples to apples comparison. Once the district SEASON is in the books, it will then be an accurate portrayal.

Accurate portrayal of what? Stats are just stats, no matter who you are playing. I have seen many a team get blown away in the stat department but still win the game.

Accurate portrayal of what? Stats are just stats, no matter who you are playing. I have seen many a team get blown away in the stat department but still win the game.

An accurate portrayal of stats. That is what we are talking about, right? I agree a lot of times the stats do not tell the story or even indicate who won the game.

The Houston Chronicle shows Vidor offense @ 967 yds through 2 games and Lumberton's @ 718 yds.  Didn't look up the other teams but they should be different as well.  Couldn't find the defensive stats.

The thing about getting stats off of the newspaper websites is that they will always be different. I have found that I cannot trust those numbers. I have kept stats for both Silsbee games this year and have matched them with the coaching staffs and our numbers for the Tigers have not been the same as the ones you will find in the Enterprise or Chronicle.

Amen to that, look at I-Preps as an example. The L-Town/BH game looking through the Lumberton link gave their quarterback like 17 yards, and those of who were there knew better than that. That kid ran at least 50 or more yards and he was their leading rusher. Funny thing is, the day after the game if you looked through each teams links you saw very different rushing numbers for Viverette and yet today they now match. LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33