HF has no JV team???

hjhawks

Do they have a 9th grade team?  If so, they should play the JV schedule.  Other teams JV squads should not be penalized by not having a game because another school cannot field a JV.  Move the freshmen and up and play. :-\

I agree, we should do this it will only make the team better. The Varsity has been decimated with injuries and the lack of players that came out for football. They had to move allot of JV players up to field a varsity team. I believe the way they have been handling it, is they have a mixture of Fresh. and Soph. players to field one team.

Guest ECBucFan

Ouch!!!!!!!!  Can you say o'fer in District!!!!!!

Gloating over injuries? Not cool, IMHO.

It's my understanding that there is more issues at HF other than injuries. ;)

You are probably right about "other issues", however, the response in question came directly after a post about numerous injuries and being short handed.

Ouch!!!!!!!!  Can you say o'fer in District!!!!!!

You are probably right about "other issues", however, the response in question came directly after a post about numerous injuries and being short handed.

What can you do about no participation in the program. They have to be the smallest school in the district aren't they? They did have like 7 or 8 sophomores on varsity but only about 28-30 on varsity roster when they played Lumberton. With that information it would mean 60-65 in the entire football program? What "other issues" are you referring to? Kids not wanting to play? They didn't have but two teams last year I believe? And freshman getting pumled by sophomores and juniors doesn't nake the team better it just makes more quit.

Gotta few questions.  In the golden triangle what percentage of high school boys play football? Is the percentage of boys playing football down at HF?  If so how much?  A successful program, for any sport, needs good numbers.  Good numbers = competition

If the percentage is alarmingly low, (I don't know what that number would be), you have to find the problems and fix it. 

If the percentage is above average....you should be ok.

Am I off track in thinking these things?

I think alot of things contribute to low numbers turning out to be on the team. I mean, In middle school you always start out with lots of kids. I remember my 7th grade year at Liberty. We probably had a good 40 guys on our team. And another 30-40 on the eighth grade team. But for reasons like, coaching, quitters, injuries, move-ins, move-outs, grades, and just other activities, kids dont play.

At Liberty when I was in school, everybody knew how Coach Stewart operated before we got there. People quit just so they wouldnt have to deal with him. Alot of kids got injured and then got ignored. So they quit. I mean, why not? IF you cant play and then nobody cares? I'd probably quit too. Then alot of kids failed. Lol that may just be a Liberty thing but nevertheless.

I graduated with around 18-20 seniors on the team, but alot of that was because Coach Deel let ppl come back that had before not played or quit with Coach Stewart. The class above me had around 12-15 on the team, at the most.

Alot of this could be that they play in 21-3a. Theyre not the best program. Theyre not really great at anything. Kids dont wanna lose. But kids nowadays have this mentallity that they cant be the change. So they dont even try. Which is stupid.

These call all be a problem at HF.

Ouch!!!!!!!!  Can you say o'fer in District!!!!!!

What can you do about no participation in the program. They have to be the smallest school in the district aren't they? They did have like 7 or 8 sophomores on varsity but only about 28-30 on varsity roster when they played Lumberton. With that information it would mean 60-65 in the entire football program? What "other issues" are you referring to? Kids not wanting to play? They didn't have but two teams last year I believe? And freshman getting pumled by sophomores and juniors doesn't nake the team better it just makes more quit.

So why is it okay for the JV to be tackling & blocking dummies for the Varsity during practise, could it be to make them better. IMO it is no different than playing a tough non district schedule. The better the competition your up against the better it should make you.

I think alot of things contribute to low numbers turning out to be on the team. I mean, In middle school you always start out with lots of kids. I remember my 7th grade year at Liberty. We probably had a good 40 guys on our team. And another 30-40 on the eighth grade team. But for reasons like, coaching, quitters, injuries, move-ins, move-outs, grades, and just other activities, kids dont play.

At Liberty when I was in school, everybody knew how Coach Stewart operated before we got there. People quit just so they wouldnt have to deal with him. Alot of kids got injured and then got ignored. So they quit. I mean, why not? IF you cant play and then nobody cares? I'd probably quit too. Then alot of kids failed. Lol that may just be a Liberty thing but nevertheless.

I graduated with around 18-20 seniors on the team, but alot of that was because Coach Deel let ppl come back that had before not played or quit with Coach Stewart. The class above me had around 12-15 on the team, at the most.

Alot of this could be that they play in 21-3a. Theyre not the best program. Theyre not really great at anything. Kids dont wanna lose. But kids nowadays have this mentallity that they cant be the change. So they dont even try. Which is stupid.

These call all be a problem at HF.

Football maybe a little down, basketball team is in a rebuilding stage but when you face their softball and baseball programs you know you have to compete with HF. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    julianhudges
    Newest Member
    julianhudges