PN-G Impressions.

smitty

Guest tigersvoice

After the first game, were you impressed or depressed?

Offense gained:   204

Defense allowed: 317

What are you trying to start now?  Your Indians won the game on the reservation.  A feat not achieved last year.  Take the win and go practice.  That's a big pot you're trying to stir.

Guest Brubaker

The PNG fans I've spoken to were not very impressed, I can see why in the stat line.  Look at some point the mic'd up sessions, interviews, etc... all that stops and it's about football.  

Just want your opinion, my friend, if you got one.  This is a both sides of the issue question.

What are you trying to start now?  Your Indians won the game on the reservation.  A feat not achieved last year.  Take the win and go practice.  That's a big pot you're trying to stir.

I wasen't totally impressed but there were some bright spots and some great plays. I think as he stated in the PA news article, that there are things to work on and that this game is not a district game. I think even in Nederlands situation, these are games that are or should be used to work and make adjustments in the team and practice on the things that didn't or are not working as they should. PNG and Faircloth have 2 more games to make adjustments and get the team more comfortable with his offense. Remember all the boys were use to Burnett's offense. So yeah there is some time needed to make adjustments in a real game situation. PNG should will be ready when district comes around.

Guest KHS 89

or second guessed?..    I'm waiting for all of the Matt Burnett haters of last year to start the threads indicating that maybe Faircloth was not the answer.  However, it was the FIRST GAME.....  I am thinking things will improve throughout the season.  I think PN-G will win some games, but at the end of the season.... I think we will see Nederland, BMT Central and Vidor advancing to the playoffs (in no particular order).

How is PNG making the playoffs going to be a surprise?  They've been hyped in the media since Faircloth was announced.  People are expecting magic, anything less is going to be a disappointment.  That's just the nature of high expectations at a school with such a rich history.  At the end of the day, it's a players game and schemes will only take you so far.  I think everyone in Nederland got a little concerned last night when our third year starting QB went out of the game... why?? cuz it's a players game.

i don't feel my postion as a moderator will be needed for coach faircloth and the indians unless the indians don't make the playoffs, then i will be coach f's best friend.

Just like I'll laugh until I bleed if your puppy doggies don't make the playoff.

;D ;D ;D

Well the only reason I made that comment because whenever Nederland loses a game some of the PuppyDog nation have to talked down about the PNG program to make them selves feel better about there program. And whats sad they are Admins here.

I support all of SETEX programs from PNG to Sabine Pass. I don't have to get on here and slam someone elses program.

Guest Brubaker

We couldn't care less what happens at PNG, save one week.  Our sights in Nederland are set on our own goals, they have nothing to do with Hype across the tracks.

We couldn't care less what happens at PNG, save one week.  Our sights in Nederland are set on our own goals, they have nothing to do with Hype across the tracks.

Sounds like your worried about it. Everyone that post on any PNG thread here are puppydog fans.

I think you guys at PNG will be all right this year.  I know you all were focusing on the guys in purple & white but before you jump on the new offense, realise that you were playing a pretty good defensive team.  Granted I was a little surprised my self at how we played.  Just understand that you have to give credit for some of your offensive woes to the BH "D".

Sounds like your worried about it. Everyone that post on any PNG thread here are puppydog fans.

If you only want PNG fan's take on PNG, go to your own site. Pretty simple really.

None of these game were district games and all teams should learn from them. I sure hope Bellow is OK. Nothing worse than losing your starting QB.

My biggest impression of PNG is wondering how Faircloth can have twice as many plays as he has shown. That's a bag of tricks right there.

How is PNG making the playoffs going to be a surprise?  They've been hyped in the media since Faircloth was announced.  People are expecting magic, anything less is going to be a disappointment.  That's just the nature of high expectations at a school with such a rich history.  At the end of the day, it's a players game and schemes will only take you so far.  I think everyone in Nederland got a little concerned last night when our third year starting QB went out of the game... why?? cuz it's a players game.

I agree, Penny.  That is the "nature" of the game, getting a top notch coach, we as fans tend to think its magic.  But we have to remember, its the players themselves, that determine the outcome.  With that being said, I saw a lot of improved fundamentals last nite and it excited me.  I think Faircloth is doing a good job and has brought excitement to the Reservation.  You're not goind to build a program over night, and I think its unfair to Faircloth and the players to judge after the very first preseason game...but then, opinions do prevail.  Best of luck to ALL the teams in our district!  BTW, Kirby is in my prayers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder