*Hardin vs. HD...Hardin Wins/Comments*

DANG!!! Been in Htown all day and get home ready to rib 55...what the heck happened in Hardin?!?  Was this game that physical or just some weird things happening?  Absolutely hate to hear about these injuries.  I hope and pray for total recovery for all the injured.  Man, what a tough blow.

Almost hate to say it again...but, congrats on the win Hornets.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Hardin Hornets on your big win against my beloved Hull-Daisetta Bobcats. Hardin yall have a fine football team with tons of speed and lots of hitters. I wish yall luck and good health the rest of the season. I am sure yall will go deep in the 2A playoffs. I also would like to send my prayers out to the three players that were hurt and injured last night Hunter Davis, Tim Taylor and Keith Gilmore. I would like to say #10 D.J. Hall is Hardin's best player by far and one of the best players in SE Texas. Mr. Hall should play college football in two years, whats scary is he is a junior. To my Bobcats, I still believe in you boys and I know we will win District.

Myles Taylor.....21 for 31......326 yrds......3 tds.........1 td rushing

D.J. Hall ...........7 rec. for 135 yrds ..........1 td

Marquis James....7 rec. for 113 yrds ..........1 td

Colton Joyner ....3 rec. for   41 yrds ..........1 td

Mitch Villemez.....2 rec. for    6 yrds  .........61 yrds on 11 carries

Your boy MV did not have big game?

That goes to show you to have a game plan and not focus on just one player. Think about it.

Game plan or not, if your running back is getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage and you are throwing the ball well then you aren't going to run as much. But as far as the coaches coming into the game saying Mitch isn't going to run the ball 25 times I'm not buying it, if he would have busted a few long runs then they would have kept feeding him the rock. It was a good coaching adjustment to throw the ball more against our small secondary. Ya'll won so please don't come on her making excuses for Mitch because we shut him down

Game plan or not, if your running back is getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage and you are throwing the ball well then you aren't going to run as much. But as far as the coaches coming into the game saying Mitch isn't going to run the ball 25 times I'm not buying it, if he would have busted a few long runs then they would have kept feeding him the rock. It was a good coaching adjustment to throw the ball more against our small secondary. Ya'll won so please don't come on her making excuses for Mitch because we shut him down

They have him focused on defense as much as offense this year. It takes a toll, he will make up for his loss of offensive productivity on defense. Remember he is being looked at on the defensive side and he did his jod. The hd kids can takle. Props to them as well.

Ok so you stopped the run game, and? Do you expect ANY team to just keep running the ball if they keep going 4 downs and out? No excuses for Mitch. He's one of the best running backs in the area. Good job HD for holding him under 100yds rushing. Hats off to you! Our passing game opened up....obviously. No complaints here. I'm very happy with a 31 point win!

That's exactly what I said, it was a good adjustment to throw more since the running game wasn't doing anything. As for a 31 point win, the game was closer than the score shows, as Hardin scored 28 points off of turnovers inside our 10..Hardin did take advantage of the TO's and it's a part of the game. Good game nonetheless!

That's exactly what I said, it was a good adjustment to throw more since the running game wasn't doing anything. As for a 31 point win, the game was closer than the score shows, as Hardin scored 28 points off of turnovers inside our 10..Hardin did take advantage of the TO's and it's a part of the game. Good game nonetheless!

LOL!!!! Closer than the score shows....LOL!!!  You had the whole 4th quarter to score on our reserves and couldn't.....LOL!!!!! This was a full blown rout! The turnovers were a result of our faster, hard hitting, more athletic defense!!

Or our youth and inexperienced backs and QB...hardin's defense was stout, but don't get the big head until you beat a 2a team that you aren't expected to. I'm sorta glad Hardin won with it being the memorial for Mr. Pate. Villemez is a good athlete but I think he has a big head and thinks he is the team, the way he ran out of the tunnel first by himself and walked to the huddles when everyone else ran, I'm sure glad Miles should him he is the offensive leader. I hope Mitch can put his ego to the side and play for the team, maybe I seen it wrong but maybe the Hardin fans can chime in like I'm sure they will.

Or our youth and inexperienced backs and QB...hardin's defense was stout, but don't get the big head until you beat a 2a team that you aren't expected to. I'm sorta glad Hardin won with it being the memorial for Mr. Pate. Villemez is a good athlete but I think he has a big head and thinks he is the team, the way he ran out of the tunnel first by himself and walked to the huddles when everyone else ran, I'm sure glad Miles should him he is the offensive leader. I hope Mitch can put his ego to the side and play for the team, maybe I seen it wrong but maybe the Hardin fans can chime in like I'm sure they will.

He ran out of the tunnel first wearing Chris Pate's jersey in his memory. That's why he walked out first and was pulling on his jersey...In His Memory. Get your facts straight before you start pointing fingers or making accusations...Who is this guy? "I hope Mitch can put his ego to the side and play for his team"..what kind of statement is that?

To most of HD, I will apologize for you for this idiot. He came out first in tribute retard, can you disgrace your whole community even more?

Guest baseball25

It was a butt kicking plain and simple coach haynes could have left the ones in and hardin could have scored over 50 it wasn't even close.

Gilmore will be ok. Sprained ankle pretty good, he will be back soon. How is Hunter Davis doing emotionally? Hunter you are an awesome football player. Tim Taylor you are a great kid and football player, I am praying for your speedy recovery along with Gilmore and Davis. Tim Taylor if you need anything let me know. GO BOBCATS !!!

Just so you know, Mitch did what he did to pay honor to his great friend Chris Pate. The Whole night was in Pate's honor.The Bobcats even had #32 on the back of their helmets.(class act by Coach Slack)

Mitch is a good kid with a big heart.....................as for myself and rest of #32's friends,THANKS Mitch

#32 was watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gilmore will be ok. Sprained ankle pretty good, he will be back soon. How is Hunter Davis doing emotionally? Hunter you are an awesome football player. Tim Taylor you are a great kid and football player, I am praying for your speedy recovery along with Gilmore and Davis. Tim Taylor if you need anything let me know. GO BOBCATS !!!

Not sure how Hunter is. Emotionally I'm sure he's not taking it well after being out all of last year and recovering, then getting ready for this year (Senior) and this happens....I'm hoping he keeps his head up and just uses this as a stepping stone. He can overcome this and still excel at the collegiate level if he decides to pursue athletic competition. I'm glad to hear Gilmore will be ok and I hope Taylor has a speedy recovery also.

Just so you know, Mitch did what he did to pay honor to his great friend Chris Pate. The Whole night was in Pate's honor.The Bobcats even had #32 on the back of their helmets.(class act by Coach Slack)

Mitch is a good kid with a big heart.....................as for myself and rest of #32's friends,THANKS Mitch

#32 was watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe when both teams  huddled in the middle of the field together(after the game) and said a prayer, at then end they all shouted together "1, 2, 3, PATE". 

I got your idiot! That's why asked for ya'lls input cuz ya'll see him more than I have, he's a good athlete, just struck me the wrong way Friday...just didn't realize what was happening. I was one of the first to congratulate Hardin, so let's not start calling people idiots

Well if it wasn't for censoring I'm sure you'd be called alot worse.  To single out a grown man I can live with but to single out a teenage kid, c'mon....

Look guys, I would like to apologize for questioning Mitch's character, it was poor judgement on my part since I didn't know exactly what was going on. Mitch is a great athlete and didn't/doesn't deserve to be questioned, I know how much hard work he has put in to excel the way he does. I hope the Hardin fans can accept my apology after the idiotic comments I made, Good luck to the hornets on the season and make #32 proud as I'm sure he's watching

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder