Mitch Villemez

Hornet

Well if we're comparing him to local kids who "could of been" I'll take a crack at it i don't think he can play for a major D1 but he will play college football just compare him to TYLER COPELAND (6'4 215 4.6 end of senior year bench 260) he got looked at by big names but wasn't good enough to play for them so he ended up at SAM HOUSTON which is a D1 but not a major D1 like yall are talking about so NOWAY this kid can play major D1 football

as for "can play many positions" argument Tyler Copeland could play QB, TE, LB, DE, FS that kid knew football and not at major D1

So your argument is, that if Copeland didn't go major D1 (FBS), that Villamez can't.  Are you serious?

ya pretty much

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, people still think that he is being recruited by major D1 colleges. I agree with footballplayer about him. Sam Houston, SFA, Lamar quite possibly. UT, A & M, OU anybody of that caliber definite NO. He's nothing more than a big fish in a small pond. He wouldn't start on a 4A squard, so how can someone honestly believe that he's D1 caliber. Some people that post on this thing need a reality check. MV is above average playing against weak schools.

you just gotta know the difference between getting recruited, and getting recruited seriously.  the marsh kid from a couple years ago put up better numbers than mitch could dream of.  75 receptions and like 31 touchdowns.  he also got "recruited" by major d1's...but it's just letters.  he ended up at blinn jc.  and the last good group of athletes thru hardin (2001 i think)..they had a running back with pretty much the same stats as villamez, and they had a bball player who was in the top of the state stat wise....both kids played d2.  and there's nothing wrong with that.  you just need to realize that (most of the time) "big time" colleges get kids that are used to "big time" programs....first class weight facilities, playing in front of thousands, 1st class competition, etc...it's just the way it is.

This kid isnt being recruited based on the crappy teams he beats up on. Its simply his size and speed. D1 colleges can make any player with his potential into a good player. Even though it is highly unlikely.

Back in the late 90s Rashad Shelton from Hull Daisetta was one of the top athletes this side of Texas. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than this Mitch kid. He didnt go D1. But you never know.

Not to mention Anthony Chambers from Liberty. Yes he did end up at Purdue but he went to Independence Kanasa first.

Oh and lets please not compare this kid to Colt McCoy... LOL Mitch isnt Heisman potential! LOL

Not saying he is.....the point is that all these people saying that because he is from a small school that it automatically rules him out.  That is not so.  Don't know where he will end up but some people just like to put other people down.  Maybe it makes them feel bigger.  I feel sorry for those who live like that. 

Sorry, I know you were not doing that but it gets old.

This kid isn't being recruited based on the crappy teams he beats up on. Its simply his size and speed. D1 colleges can make any player with his potential into a good player. Even though it is highly unlikely.

Back in the late 90s Rashad Shelton from Hull Daisetta was one of the top athletes this side of Texas. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than this Mitch kid. He didn't go D1. But you never know.

Not to mention Anthony Chambers from Liberty. Yes he did end up at Purdue but he went to Independence Kanasa first.

Man Chambers was a blast from the past. Nice kid and he went and did what he had to get into a good skewl. This kid from is a talent fellers bc saw him in a summer seven on seven and he can play on any level.

Oh and lets please not compare this kid to Colt McCoy... LOL Mitch isnt Heisman potential! LOL

Oh, so Colt was a Heisman candidate at 17 in high school? Mitch's offensive numbers don't mean squat, he is being recruited as a defensive back. Thomas from EC had decent numbers offensively, but he was recruited as a defensive back too and is seeing serious playing time at Arkansas. Once again, he is being recruited for defense.

So, people still think that he is being recruited by major D1 colleges. I agree with footballplayer about him. Sam Houston, SFA, Lamar quite possibly. UT, A & M, OU anybody of that caliber definite NO. He's nothing more than a big fish in a small pond. He wouldn't start on a 4A squard, so how can someone honestly believe that he's D1 caliber. Some people that post on this thing need a reality check. MV is above average playing against weak schools.

What?  That's weak ,  come on, Kid has all the tools, athleticism ,size , speed and love for the game. Everybody cant be a nice guy, so he has an edge to him, I happen to like that in a football player Especially on defence. This kid, could show up for two a days, at ANY high school in the great state of Texas, 1-A thru 5-A and would start somewhere, and be the best skill position player on most teams.     As far as college goes,  you probably know that football scholarships aren't just handed out to anyone. So any scholarship that he gets will be better than 90% of seniors playing this year. And with his speed size and athleticism he could play at a major D1 school.    

What?  That's weak ,  come on, Kid has all the tools, athleticism ,size , speed and love for the game. Everybody cant be a nice guy, so he has an edge to him, I happen to like that in a football player Especially on defence. This kid could should up for two a days, at ANY high school in the great state of Texas 1-A thru 5-A and would start somewhere, and be the best skill position player on most of them.     As far as college goes,  you probably know that football scholarships aren't just handed out to anyone. So any scholarship that he gets will be better than 90% of seniors playing this year. And with his speed size and athleticism he could play at a major D1 school.   

Start anywhere 1A-5A?? I dont think he would start at Lake Travis.

Formerhornet can't help it folks, his wife told me about his "little problem" in the bedroom. This would drive anyone to be in a bad mood all the time.

lmao

Thats funny.

Footballplayer and formerhornet sound like little jealous school kids to me.  They know very little about the game. No sense in arguing with em. 

Side note:

I'd sure like to see either one of them (or both) line up against him.

Good luck to Mitch in whatever he decides to do.

Man, I haven't looked at this thread in a long time and its gotten a little rediculous. If u haven't seen villamez play, then don't hate on him. I played around several D-1 guys in high school and in college and Mitch is that good. IMO he's head and shoulders better on the field than Copleand was. He plays with a pile more heart than Shelton did at HD. And for the guy that says he wouldn't start at Dayton, lay off the crack pipe. I knew the late Derrick Briggs from dayton very well and he ended up playing DB at Texas Tech and this kid is just as good as Derrick was, just playing at a small school. I've watched every small school prospect in the area over the last 15 years including reggie white and tony bua, tremaine thomas and anthony chambers,terrance o'bryant, traylon shead, daniel marsh and everyone else mentoined and he's on that level. I don't like Hardin, never have and never will because I'm from HD and grew up loving to hate them. With that being said, Villamez is really good and can play strong safety or OLB at the next level. Come watch him play when he's healthy and then base ur arguments off that. I don't know if he'll get a big school offer, but he can play on that level.

Man, I haven't looked at this thread in a long time and its gotten a little rediculous. If u haven't seen villamez play, then don't hate on him. I played around several D-1 guys in high school and in college and Mitch is that good. IMO he's head and shoulders better on the field than Copleand was. He plays with a pile more heart than Shelton did at HD. And for the guy that says he wouldn't start at Dayton, lay off the crack pipe. I knew the late Derrick Briggs from dayton very well and he ended up playing DB at Texas Tech and this kid is just as good as Derrick was, just playing at a small school. I've watched every small school prospect in the area over the last 15 years including reggie white and tony bua, tremaine thomas and anthony chambers,terrance o'bryant, traylon shead, daniel marsh and everyone else mentoined and he's on that level. I don't like Hardin, never have and never will because I'm from HD and grew up loving to hate them. With that being said, Villamez is really good and can play strong safety or OLB at the next level. Come watch him play when he's healthy and then base ur arguments off that. I don't know if he'll get a big school offer, but he can play on that level.

Well said sir....

Well said sir....

I agree, that was well said....and to be said by a "rival" is meaningful!.. I have never seen MV play but it is hard to understand why anyone would be so negative about a young man's chances unless it is pure jealousy.

I live in west Texas. Two of the biggest rivals of teams I followed for years  have been Wiley in 3A and Jim Ned in 2A. That being said I am VERY proud of former players from those teams that are now playing in college (Colt McCoy at Texas and Case Keenum at University of Houston).  They represent the Districts and they represent our area.

When any young man or women gets a chance to get a scholarship, whether it be in sports or academics should be applauded and encouraged, not put down.  We should be proud of  young people's accomplishments even if they do not come from our schools.

Mitch I hope you do get you chance to use you God given talents in college. 

God Bless

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi